Trouble with vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Hey everyone having trouble changing over to vaping. I actually haven't vaped much due to the fact that after a few puffs it makes my heart speed up and pretty much an anxiety attack. The problem is I am on meds for bad nerves etc and I wonder if the vaping is bothering or if my nerves kick in and I start to worry about it. I usually smoke 15 give or take a couple a day and have tried vaping 18 and 12mg and have since cut down to 6mg nic. Also was vaping 70/30 pg/vg then 50/50 then changed to 25/75 to cut out the pg even more to see if that's the problem. I also don't understand how many puffs I should need vaping as opposed to analogues. I cant seem to sit and puff whenever I want. Please help I really want to vape. Thanks in advance

Scruff

Mar 2, 2014
Near KC, Mo, USA
It could be the meds but I don't see how cause if you were smoking you were getting 3 to 4 thousands chemicals in you and vaping there's only PG,VG, nicotine and flavoring. Are you chain vaping?? sounds almost like you're getting too much nicotine. And yea maybe you are worrying a bit and having the anxiety cause now you're body isn't getting all those harmful chemicals it's used to.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I also don't understand why the act of vaping would cause an anxiety attack. :blink:

It's been said that most of the nicotine in vapor is absorbed mostly in the mouth, throat, and nasal airway. Therefore, it's not necessary to inhale the vapor directly into the lungs. Imagine sucking on a straw in a milkshake. Use your cheek muscles to slowly and gently draw the vapor into your mouth, then let it sit for a second. Then inhale into your lungs if you wish, and then exhale some out through your mouth and nose. Maybe this will help.

:)

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Vaping is not causing an anxiety attack but since I have bad nerves and anxiety and have been consistently on meds for years and have read extensively about vaping and side effects I have to somewhat assume that as soon as I start vaping I start to worry and bring on the side effects myself or think in my mind that I am going to get them.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
You may be having anxiety because you're not smoking but vaping. Your mind will play some nasty tricks on you in the beginning, mine did. Remind yourself that you are getting the nicotine you got from smoking so it's ok. Relax, take some deep breaths and vape until you get your nic level fulfilled. I take medication for anxiety as well and have no problems from that. I really believe it's your mind playing with you. I hope you find a happy medium so you can make vaping work for ya. Let us know how things work out or just keep us updated on how you're doing!

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Thanks DetraMental, You have [retty much nailed the question I have asked. If I reads something or someone tells me something with my condition the mind can play tricks on ya and trick you into believing what you read and you can very easily cause yourself to get those symptoms somewhat. I also have a few sores from eating to much sore candy etc. could that cause the nicotine to absorb faster into my system through my mouth? Thanks again

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Thanks DetraMental, You have [retty much nailed the question I have asked. If I reads something or someone tells me something with my condition the mind can play tricks on ya and trick you into believing what you read and you can very easily cause yourself to get those symptoms somewhat. I also have a few sores from eating to much sore candy etc. could that cause the nicotine to absorb faster into my system through my mouth? Thanks again

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

I can only offer my non-medical opinion. I don't believe that a sore in your mouth will significantly affect the amount of nicotine absorbed into your bloodstream unless your mouth was one big sore. If you take into account the entire surface area in your mouth and nasal passages, that sore only covers a small fraction of the total area.

Also, since nicotine will readily (and rapidly) enter the bloodstream through healthy, unbroken skin (like if you spill some on your arm), I don't think a sore will significantly increase adsorption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread