Twisted Wire Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
I got bored and decided to twist different gauges of wire together and here are some pictures of the end result:

PD9cBvy.jpg

pyuyr3e.jpg

QuLAJD4.jpg

4yHNweH.jpg

nm7SNRP.jpg

roadie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Southern CA
I've seen a lot of twisted coil rebuilds happening lately - twisting wire of the same gauge can up the resistance without requiring more length taken-up by extra coils.

Twisted coil builds actually drop the resistance, allowing you to increase the coils for more wick coverage. ;)

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Nice wire PhatRon! Looks like some good tight twists. I only recently really started playing around with twisted wire, and I can't ever see going back to regular single strand wire ever again. This stuff is shockingly good.

Here's my Kraken build with 3-strand 30g and a pic of some recently twisted stuff, the far right is 3-strand 30g, the other two are two-strand 30g:

twistcoil.jpg twist.jpg

Once again nice job, OP!

roadie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Southern CA
Nice wire PhatRon! Looks like some good tight twists. I only recently really started playing around with twisted wire, and I can't ever see going back to regular single strand wire ever again. This stuff is shockingly good.

Here's my Kraken build with 3-strand 30g and a pic of some recently twisted stuff, the far right is 3-strand 30g, the other two are two-strand 30g:

View attachment 302891 View attachment 302892

Once again nice job, OP!

How is the lag time? How small are the coils?

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
I have tried the twisted ribbon wire and it works very well actually.
You have to make sure you pay attention to whats going on and inspect your wire afterwards to make sure there are no tears in it.
I did get a few tears in some spots but ended up with a nice length that was twisted cleanly.

And if you do try and twist by hand,you will be there for a long time doing it and your twists won't be nearly as close as using a drill...

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Check out Mundy's Magic if you have any doubts...

Cool, thanks, I was just looking at ribbon wire yesterday over at Temco so that's why it was on my mind. It was kind of funny because Temco isn't a vape supplier per say but a mechanical engine supplier, yet their entire page about ribbon wire was all about building RBAs.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
where did you get your Taifun from?

I have a Fogger V2 (to my understanding a clone of Taifun) and it is a PITA to get the wire wrapped around the screw heads.

My Taifun GT came from Focalecig.com ... its a Hcigar 1:1, and it is just an awesome vape! I have a Fogger V2 and V3 so I feel your pain, and even as many refer to them as Taifun clones, they really aren't at all ... the only similarity is that they are both big, and have a bottom coil base, and chimney.

The deck on the Taifun is far superior to the Fogger ... it collapses down for easy building, much easier to fill and refill ... The Taifun is like a giant Evod. You should check out PBusardo's video for it, so you can see the insides of it. My Taifun is making me not love my Fogger V3 so much ... and I want to love it because he's handsome :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread