Upgrading advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
If you upgrade, what're you gonna put on top of those batteries?

Because I mean.. If you're just going to move the SubTank to the other devices, you aren't really going to open up a whole new world of vaping. I'd say you're almost better off looking at different tanks for the Subox, rather than a different battery for your tanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with nyiddle. For all intents and purposes, a battery device only supplies power to the atomizer. The atomizer is what uses that power to create vapor, and has the most to do with the quality and quantity of that vapor.

If you just have G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome) and want to add to your collection, I'm highly impressed with the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini. Temp control, 60 watts, replaceable battery, and bypass mode (ability to use it unregulated like a mechanical).

Last edited:
Reactions: Romano Cheese

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I agree with nyiddle. For all intents and purposes, a battery device only supplies power to the atomizer. The atomizer is what uses that power to create vapor, and has the most to do with the quality and quantity of that vapor.

If you just have G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome) and want to add to your collection, I'm highly impressed with the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini. Temp control, 60 watts, replaceable battery, and bypass mode (ability to use it unregulated like a mechanical).

Have you tried the ipv d2. That's what I just got for my last. Mega upgrade. Pretty much a poor mans sx mini (and it's actually a smaller form factor)

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Have you tried the ipv d2. That's what I just got for my last. Mega upgrade. Pretty much a poor mans sx mini (and it's actually a smaller form factor)
I'm not of fan of mods that use a non-removeable battery (LiPo batteries are not safe chemistry). I want to be able to choose the battery I use in my mod (safe chemistry IMR batteries).

I also choose to buy mods that will last the long haul. Should the battery die of old age, I can just replace the IMR battery instead of the entire mod. I guess that's the "old school" in me and makes better sense to me. I grew up to value that in tools, which runs counter to today's disposable society.

Last edited:

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
I'm not of fan of mods that use a non-removeable battery (LiPo batteries are not safe chemistry). I want to be able to choose the battery I use in my mod (safe chemistry IMR batteries).

I also choose to buy mods that will last the long haul. Should the battery die of old age, I can replace the IMR battery instead of the entire mod. I guess that's the "old school" in me and makes better sense to me. I grew up to value that in tools, which runs counter to today's disposable society.
The ipv d2 uses a single 18650. You choose what to put in it. At 50 bucks. A decide that does 50j in tc and 75w in power mode is a steal!

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013

I also choose to buy mods that will last the long haul. Should the battery die of old age, I can replace the IMR battery instead of the entire mod. I guess that's the "old school" in me and makes better sense to me. I grew up to value that in tools, which runs counter to today's disposable society.
Also isnt the evic vt battery built in? I don't follow your logic. You just argued yourself into a circle

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Also isnt the evic vt battery built in? I don't follow your logic. You just argued yourself into a circle
The new Evic VTC Mini takes an 18650 IMR battery.

evic-vtc-bundle-view_1.png

evic_vtc_mini_large.JPG

Reactions: Scotticus93

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
firmware upgradeable, bigger screen. I had a D2, nice device. But if joyetech will add ss support it will be definitely better. Until then yes, it is subjective:)
Not bad. I'm gonna get the x cube next cuz it's got ss tc. Ipv d2 is nice portable and goes up to 75 watts. Not sure how I feel about the tc on it right now. Or tc in general. But yeah it has a great form factor and hits pretty hard

Pouf

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2015
Fine City
I have a billow v2 tank coming in, also looking to explore rda soon, which doesn't work well with the subox. My main concern with the smok is the inability to remove the batteries, otherwise,the (blackmarket)price is better than the ipv4s. Will research a little deeper into ipv d2, not sure about one battery hitting 70watts.

Currently vaping 0.7ohms at 30watts on my subox, almost the maximum wattage allowed. Definitely see myself going higher to around 50watts if I could. Yep, I like my vape warm and plenty!

Thanks guys!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Smok M80 doesn't have real Temperature Control. They claim it does, but it doesn't work.

Personally I much prefer dual battery mods over a single battery. If you're running your mod at high watts it's real easy to drain your battery in less than a day. Dual battery has no problem lasting all day long, even at high wattages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread