Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyreffect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
NC, USA
myworld.ebay.com
Hi all, not positive this is the right place for this but it seemed relevant.

I have two USB chargers, the first from a Uno Vapor CE4 starter kit, and the second just arrived from an online vendor because I wanted to have one each at the home and office. There is one major difference I noticed between them that I need help with.

USB charger 1: Output = 4.2V at 120mA
USB charger 2: Output = 4.2V at 420mA

To me, that seemed like a pretty significant different in output amperage, should I expect drastically different charging times between these two chargers for my ego spinner batteries? They will both be plugged into USB wall adapters that output 750mA, in case that's helpful.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information!

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
What kind of e-cig came with the 120 mA charger?

420 mA output is standard for eGo type batteries. 120-150 mA is meant for mini, "cigalike" batteries.

The golden rule of Li-On batteries is you NEVER put more mA charging current into a battery than the battery capacity. So you could use the 120 mA charger with your eGo's - but it will take forever to charge. However, attaching any mini cigalike battery to the 420 mA charger = battery go boom,.

Last edited:

Fyreffect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
NC, USA
myworld.ebay.com

420 mA output is standard for eGo type batteries. 120-150 mA is meant for mini, "cigalike" batteries.

The golden rule of Li-On batteries is you NEVER put more mA charging current into a battery than the battery capacity. So you could use the 120 mA charger with your eGo's - but it will take forever to charge. However, attaching any mini cigalike battery to the 420 mA charger = battery go boom,.

Thanks for the input guys. The 120 mA charger came with a Uno Vapor ego ce4 starter kit, which included a 650 mAh battery. I had noticed it was taking a long time to charge, but since I was still new to vaping I figured that may be the times I should expect. After getting the new charger though, it's like 3 times as fast and I'm loving it.

freshness

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA

Hmm. I just ordered a 2.1A USB Car Charger for my XTAR MP1S, will I encounter any problems charging my 1100mah IMR 18490's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread