Vamo...I made the choice LOL. Please help with a "Vamo Checklist"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
I've decided I would like to purchase a Vamo. :) You all convinced me...then I'll save money for a Provari, I've decided.

I want the best possible vaping experience with my Vamo, so would like a "Vamo Checklist" of what top quality items I should buy for it. As I have never dealt with 510 threading, I am not familiar with different tanks and methods etc, and have tried very few, I need a little variety of everything, so I can figure out what works best for me. :)

So far I have gathered I need:

2 - AW IMR 18350 or should I get 4? So 2 are always charged?

Protank II- I believe this is a glass tank...? Or is there better quality glass tank?

HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid for dripping and being able to sample multiple juices...not fully understanding what ohms to purchase???

some sort of Cartomizer tank??? Any suggestions???

Battery charger- NO, I don't particularly want a cheap $20 charger, I'd prefer some type of charger that tells me the battery is good, so I don't have any battery mishaps.

Any other suggestions of TOP QUALITY items I could purchase to make for an amazing VAMO experience. Please let me know.

Thank You :D

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'd get at least one 18650 - you can decide after a while if you want additional batteries whether you want another 18350 or another 18650.

You can use 510 OR Ego connection on your VAMO.
ProTank is good, but I actually prefer using a T3 on my VAMO - I just don't like the way the ProTank sits on it, and I don't need glass...

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
SoCalMichelle:10971486 said:
I've decided I would like to purchase a Vamo. :) You all convinced me...then I'll save money for a Provari, I've decided.

I want the best possible vaping experience with my Vamo, so would like a "Vamo Checklist" of what top quality items I should buy for it. As I have never dealt with 510 threading, I am not familiar with different tanks and methods etc, and have tried very few, I need a little variety of everything, so I can figure out what works best for me. :)

So far I have gathered I need:

2 - AW IMR 18350 or should I get 4? So 2 are always charged?

Protank II- I believe this is a glass tank...? Or is there better quality glass tank?

HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid for dripping and being able to sample multiple juices...not fully understanding what ohms to purchase???

some sort of Cartomizer tank??? Any suggestions???

Battery charger- NO, I don't particularly want a cheap $20 charger, I'd prefer some type of charger that tells me the battery is good, so I don't have any battery mishaps.

Any other suggestions of TOP QUALITY items I could purchase to make for an amazing VAMO experience. Please let me know.

Thank You :D

I have only two 18650s, but they're really high capacity. Since I don't use that much current.

I use carto tanks. I hate clearos.

I like higher resistance in drip atomizers. 2.5 is too low for me.

IBTanked, phiniac, Hoosier vapes bella elegance, and just basic DCT polypropylene tanks.

Good liquid.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The AW IMR 18650 battery is a excellent choice. I would suggest at least three batteries. Rotating the batteries will prolong their overall life expectancy. Should you wish to use your Vamo in a shorter mode when you leave the house, a couple of smaller AW IMR 18350 batteries will come in handy. You can carry a spare in a plastic battery case in your purse or pocket. (do not carry batteries where they can come into contact with keys, coins, or other metal objects) Batteries for Mods: IMR or Protected?

The Xtar VP1 is a high end charger that has a LCD display to provide the charging status of the battery. If this is too expensive, I recommend a Nitecore Intellicharger i2. http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers

The Protank does indeed use glass and is the best clearotank available at the time that is made of glass. Cisco atomizers are among the best.

I suggest also trying an Innokin iClear 30 clearomizer. The Protank is a botton-coil clearotank which many say creates a cooler vapor. The iClear is a dual top-coil (2 heating coils) clearotank which may create a warmer vape. I prefer the iClear over the Protank.

iClear30.jpg

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

After giving clearomizers a try, you may wish to try a cartotank. I recommend an IBTanked pyrex tank.

Last edited:

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
i used to use a vamo, great device!

-you are probobly going to like the 18350 mode the best so get 3 of those. or just get 2 18650s if you dont mind.
-i would buy the stainless steel version because i baught the chrome looking one and it gets worn out and faded, the brass comes throught the plating. the SS version wont do this.

make sure you always clean out the juice in the connection where the atomizer goes, because the juice corrodes the rubber o-ring and after a while it wont read the Ohms correctly and you wont be able to vape it any more.

the best tank for it would have to be the protank 2. im not a fan of carto tanks but theyre ok.
dont even try RBAs on the vamo. even micro coiled ones dont work because the way it pulse fires causes the ohm reader to be inacurate and it wont fire correctly ever.

youl love your vamo! take care of it!

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
wbart:10971737 said:
What so special about Provari that you want to save tons of money to buy it?
It is filled with magic...
nough said
you do not want to envoke the provarinati do you?
Apparently they haven't experienced the wrath of this omnipotent being.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
What so special about Provari that you want to save tons of money to buy it?

It gets rave reviews here in the forum and also on YouTube. It feels nice, looks nice, and from what I see on YouTube vapes like a "God' lol. Also, I think a key selling point for me is that it is made in the US...which means top of the line customer service/support, consistency, and reliability. Also, it seems like the Provari last a long, long, long, time and will survive dropping it etc.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
The AW IMR 18650 battery is a excellent choice. I would suggest at least three batteries. Rotating the batteries will prolong their overall life expectancy. Should you wish to use your Vamo in a shorter mode when you leave the house, a couple of smaller AW IMR 18350 batteries will come in handy. You can carry a spare in a plastic battery case in your purse or pocket. (do not carry batteries where they can come into contact with keys, coins, or other metal objects) Batteries for Mods: IMR or Protected?

The Xtar VP1 is a high end charger that has a LCD display to provide the charging status of the battery. If this is too expensive, I recommend a Nitecore Intellicharger i2. http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers

The Protank does indeed use glass and is the best clearotank available at the time that is made of glass. Cisco atomizers are among the best.

I suggest also trying an Innokin iClear 30 clearomizer. The Protank is a botton-coil clearotank which many say creates a cooler vapor. The iClear is a dual top-coil (2 heating coils) clearotank which may create a warmer vape. I prefer the iClear over the Protank.

View attachment 261569

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

After giving clearomizers a try, you may wish to try a cartotank. I recommend an IBTanked pyrex tank.

Which kind has the best vapor production and full flavor of your juice in your opinion?

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
You have me confused are you getting vamo or provari? Whatever you do get 18650 battery they last much longer.

Sorry! I'm getting the Vamo tomorrow.

I will get the Provari before Xmas. :)

I was going to double stack the batteries I mentioned in the Vamo :)

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Most of the above information is very good and ans as far as it goes I really can't add much to it except to let you look at another great glass clearo on the market. It's the AnyVape Davide. It's very similar to the ProTanks.

As for batteries? Get what you think you'll need plus two more sets. Meaning if your just going to use one 18350 (short mode for your Vamo) then you'll need 3 of them. If your going to use the 18650 you'll need 3 of them. If you plan to use 2 18350s in your Vamo (which some people do not recomend) then you'll want 6 of them.
Why 3 sets? #1. to vape on #2. for when #1 goes dead while your out somewhere. #3. to charge while you have #1 & #2 out.
Plus, the batteries on your charger will get fairly warm. You need to take them off charge and let them cool all the way down before you use them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Which kind has the best vapor production and full flavor of your juice in your opinion?

I am a long time fan of pyrex cartotanks. In fact, I have 12 IBTanks set up and running simultaneously, each with their own flavor of juice. I am also a fan of the iClear 30 clearomizers. Clearomizers are simpler to fill, so are more convenient if I'm too busy to set up a new cartotank. Most clearomizers mute some flavors.

Cartotanks take a little longer to set up (10 minutes) and have a little more of a learning curve, but they are worth it.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Cartotank Help for a Noob

IBTanked pyrex cartotank review

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I'm kind of digging the carto tanks right now.

Picked up another of each this week, and the carto tank has great, smooth flavor, the iClear 30 just seems to have a harsher flavor with some rubbery undertones to it. However, my older iCear 30 doesn't seem to have the rubbery flavor but the flavors still seem somehow harsher.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Most of the above information is very good and ans as far as it goes I really can't add much to it except to let you look at another great glass clearo on the market. It's the AnyVape Davide. It's very similar to the ProTanks.

As for batteries? Get what you think you'll need plus two more sets. Meaning if your just going to use one 18350 (short mode for your Vamo) then you'll need 3 of them. If your going to use the 18650 you'll need 3 of them. If you plan to use 2 18350s in your Vamo (which some people do not recomend) then you'll want 6 of them.
Why 3 sets? #1. to vape on #2. for when #1 goes dead while your out somewhere. #3. to charge while you have #1 & #2 out.
Plus, the batteries on your charger will get fairly warm. You need to take them off charge and let them cool all the way down before you use them.

Thank you! Good recommendations!
From what I have read and learned on YouTube, it seems people both recommend and others are against stacking the batteries. Although, it seems the Vamo is made for battery stacking. If I keep track of the batteries with a good charger that tells me the batteries are in good working order, there wouldn't be a problem would there? This is what I have gathered.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
From what I have read and learned on YouTube, it seems people both recommend and others are against stacking the batteries. Although, it seems the Vamo is made for battery stacking. If I keep track of the batteries with a good charger that tells me the batteries are in good working order, there wouldn't be a problem would there? This is what I have gathered.

What exactly do you wish to gain from stacking batteries?

You will find no battery expert who will actually recommend stacking batteries in a mod. It is never a suggested practice.

If you decide to ignore this, there is a methodology that must be used to decrease the risk of danger. I suggest you do a Google search to find this. In short, the batteries must be mated, or used strictly as a matched pair. They must be marked on the battery A and B. They must be rotated in the order that they are placed in the mod to keep them balanced.

Again, any gain you think you could get from stacking batteries will not be worth the increased risk of a battery failure. Sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Just to emphasize the potential danger these batteries have, below is a picture of an AW IMR battery which failed and went into thermal runaway. That is just the battery with the inner contents blown out like an accordian.

IMR_battery_post-venting.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread