Vamo v4 keeps displaying "SHORT" - how do I fix it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this is the right thread...

I've had this Vamo v4 for 3 months and it's been great until yesterday. It says "short" on the display.

I have tried several different coils, I have cleaned it really well. Is the pin not touching, or do I need to reset it somehow?

It will give me 2 or 3 vapes and then say short until I try a new coil, then it does it again.

HELP! I am stuck with an ego twist until I can fix this problem!

Thank you for any ideas.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Pin not touching, the message would be along the lines of "no atomizer" or "9.9", not short. Take your topper off and press/hold the plus button to see.

What topper and what resistance coil? Could be that all your coils are just too low a value for the Vamo.

Or it could be that you've overtightened one too many times, crushing the insulator between the Vamo center pin and the base, so when you put your topper back on, it gets forced down and touches, causing the short. Again, but with the topper on, press and hold the plus button to see what it's seeing as the resistance. Probably anything lower than about 1.2 Ω won't work on the Vamo.

If it IS a crushed pin insulator, you can try to wiggle it back up. Take the battery out. Use a small stiff poker - straightened paper clip or similar - and walk it around the pin nudging the pin up from several points around it. If that's the problem, working it up 1 mm is probably all that's needed.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Had this the day i bought it. The insulator had popped out as soon as i screwed on an atty. Replaced the insulator with something better. Had to pull the entire pin out along with the cable it was attatched to then slide another insulator onto it. The insulator it comes with simply isn't any good, it's far too loose to be fit for purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread