Vamo V5 Burning Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

samturdo

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2014
keyes, ca, usa
vamos can become unreliable for how much energy theyre actually putting out versus what its telling you its putting out. theyre cheap and low quality in my opinion. if you go to a vape store and ask to try one of their higher quality mods it might make a big difference. just be sure to bring a newer, properly primed, broken-in coil to test wth

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Well, I`ll agree somewhat that vamo`s can be hit and miss. But Iv got one here that`s been running fine for 5 months. Its reliable enough for the miss`s to use, which as you may be able to comprehend, is very nice for me, LOL.

My first thought is factory coils being faulty, or you need to prime them a bit longer. Factory coils are really hit and miss. This is one reason the rebuilable market is pulling away from them, peeps just get so tired of the factory QC issues, they learn what is required to become their own QC.

You might try getting another device, even a plain old ego battery to see if it`s the atomizer or the vamo causing the problem. If that does`nt help much the next step would be to verify that the vamo is putting out what it says its putting out. They have little voltage meters you can screw on in line with your atty, and maybe it tells you its frying the coils? A digital multi meter and the knowledge of how to use it is the Vapors best friend. With one of these you can track down almost any elect. problem that arises. There are tons of info on the web on how to safely use a DMM.

There`s a ton of info here too, so it may take some time but search is your friend. Diagnosing a problem like this, you`ll get lots of answers. But if you are having a hard time, getting a back up is the first rule of thumb. Have back ups for back ups so that when something comes up or goes wrong, you are not locked into a device that`s giving you fits.

Best of luck.
R

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I switched the tanks to an evod battery and they worked fine, so it must be the Vamo. I switched the Vamo from watts to voltage and used it again after a couple days of inactivity, and it seems to be working fine now. So I'm not sure why...

You know, this reminded me of an issue with ours. We have to run our Vamo in volts because if we try try to run it in watts it just jumps from 2.5 amps all the way to 4.5 amps with nothing in between when the wattage its set for should equal 3 amps or thereabouts .
So may be the problem, but what the exactly the problem is, IDK?

Glad it works, and now you have a ego for a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread