Vape-Shop-In-A-Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Is there a company out there selling a vape-shop-in-a-box package? You fork over a wad of cash and in a few days the UPS truck delivers a complete store inventory and business system.

The reason I ask is because I have had occasion to visit quite a few B&M vape shops in the past few months and they all appear mysteriously similar, right down to the iPad checkout system.

Each has a fairly good selection of Innokin products, a few clone mechs, rbas, and rdas, and not much more. The juice selection is equally unusual; either a store-branded juice or brands I have never heard of.

And oddly, the sales staff is almost always vaping devices that the store does not sell.

I am hoping to someday find a B&M that is thinking outside of the vape-shop-in-a-box.

Thoughts? Your experiences?

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
There are a couple of stores in this area that match your description exactly, but there are also a couple of stores that are pretty different. One store has a humongous inventory. I think they must have just gone through Alibaba and ordered a dozen of everything (OK, that might be a little exaggeration there). Another store only carries Innokin, but they have a help yourself juice tasting bar, and the owner will make your juice to exactly your specifications on site (like a barista at starbucks). But, generally speaking, I think you've nailed it. To be honest, most stores don't need to carry that much, because most of their walk-in traffic will be walking out with starter kits, and the profit margin is much higher if the store makes its own juice rather than paying someone else to make it and ship it.

yoitstj

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
Albany, NY
i only have 1 real vape shop near me. but this is not the case w them. they seem to only vape stuff they sell. and their stuff is mostly high end w only a few clones. i guess it depends wher u live and what the people are asking for. juice selection is also top notch. over 80 flavors and many of the top names, cosmic fog, five pawns, cuttwood, etc....

its a nice shop w very cool people

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Opening a B&M takes a couple months prep during the suite remodel. This includes either going direct with a manufacturer or a wholesaler, which takes researching and making contacts. Most new B&M's try to make this supply chain as small as possible before cracking the doors open. Biggest targets are a house juice, this can be the cheapest they can find pre-made or start making it their selves, next is get a few of the major brand stuff out their, Innokin (CLK's, Lillies, iTaste VV's, and MVP's fly off the shelves in sales), Kanger, Aspire, starter kits, coil heads for as many tank systems out there you can get, accessories, and such, then finding a good wholesaler or say HCigar connection for mods, rbas, rtas, rdas, etc.

Most shops overlap in their products or have similar, this is a result of how a particular local market is looking for, generally the bread and butter crowd, start kits, toppers, coil heads, juices are the biggest money makers because they move off the shelves the fastest.

Everyone just about using an IPad for a POS System, you realize how many apps in this category are designed for a relatively inexpensive IPad?? Makes for a very flexible POS and inventory control system.

joose junkie

Sep 23, 2014
western new york
theres 1 real shop around me. the rest are ego and inno dealers. i think of them as kiosk owners in over there heads. imo, id rather go back to marb reds before i hop on an ego setup, yucky.

also, might i add, the best shops make there juice in house. wider selection, better price, more customization. its better quality overall.

Last edited:

Talons001

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
North Carolina, USA
There are a couple of stores in this area that match your description exactly, but there are also a couple of stores that are pretty different. One store has a humongous inventory. I think they must have just gone through Alibaba and ordered a dozen of everything (OK, that might be a little exaggeration there). Another store only carries Innokin, but they have a help yourself juice tasting bar, and the owner will make your juice to exactly your specifications on site (like a barista at starbucks). But, generally speaking, I think you've nailed it. To be honest, most stores don't need to carry that much, because most of their walk-in traffic will be walking out with starter kits, and the profit margin is much higher if the store makes its own juice rather than paying someone else to make it and ship it.

I have similar stores near me. Standard Ego/Innokin Sellers, A few varied selection stores, One store that has an entire tasting room(You grab a test battery and just grab one of the hundreds of prefilled test cartos. Or if you drip they have a test drip bottle next to it.) My favorite has a juice bar and a owner who will mix any flavor/nic level/PG-VG level for you though. Overall the staff is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread