VapeMail - USPS problems anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDDave

May 24, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm having troubles with the post office. How do I fix this ?

Here's my story so far:

Placed my first order with fasttech, waited, tracked on USPS site, saw it came into town, out for delivery, but no delivery!
Got mail but no package from a different postal carrier, not our regular guy.
That evening, checked USPS site, said: delivered at 2:37pm same day !?!

Waited til the next day, asked my regular postman, what happened, do you have my package ?

I told regular postman I have video surveillance tape showing that NO package was delivered that date by that postal carrier, they start investigation, week later, no results, no returned package.

Long story short, they claim it was delivered at 2:37pm on that date and there is nothing they will/can do about it.

- What recourse do I have ?
- Where can I complain about this ?

Seems our postal carriers can "deliver" a package that never gets delivered.

Thanks for any answers.... or am I just screwed ?

Now I'm afraid of my next 2 fasttech orders....

dilong1717

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Newark, DE
Take the video proof that the package was NOT delivered by the mailman directly to the unit that delivers your mail and get a manager or supervisor to review the tape. I've had this happen before (minus the video proof) as well and unless you are vigilant and on top of it multiple times daily nothing will get done. The substitute mail guy scanned my packages ( I had two packages) at the facility that delivers my mail as "out for delivery" but they never arrived so I kept calling and calling (multiple times per day) the post office & finally three days later I got my packages and was told by my favorite/usual mail carrier that they were found behind a piece of equipment in the warehouse. Also, check with all of your close neighbors to see if he delivered it to one of them by mistake and also any residences in close proximity to yours that may have the same house number just on a different street/road in your neighborhood. That has happened to me as well with substitute mail carriers who aren't familiar with the route. Good Luck!! Hope you find it!

Last edited:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Sorry to say you may be screwed :( Most likely it was delivered to the wrong house. You can hope that the house they actually delivered it to in error will return it to the PO and it will end up being delivered correctly to you in the next few days.

Filing a complaint with the PO is the only thing you can do. Unfortunately without insurance on the package AND following all the rules that go with having insurance, if the package is lost it is your loss and the PO doesn't have to do anything beyond look into it.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Unfortunate situation for sure, and grandmato5 is right....without tracking / insurance, there's not much power the postal customer has. You can file a claim within the USPS, but this probably won't get you far. I don't know...maybe hunt around the USPS website to see if there is someone to get in contact with. You might have to go to someone above the one in charge of your local PO.

Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out.

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
I from detroit and usps is not safe. Use to know people that would literally take orders from people.

Had tons of things break, go missing and various other things.

As Ive only been ordering for a few weeks a few of my packages have gone missing for a few days and they eventually show up. Shipping times on first class mail are different. Mines get delivered randomly. Since most places use USPS we dont have many options as they are really cheap price wise.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I don't want to bash the USPS, but... I'm going to. You basically have no recourse, and pretty much no hope of the package turning up. I feel your pain Dave... Did you try calling the 1-800 customer service number yet? It's an exercise in frustration, but you should do it, even if it's just to document the issue. You should also go to the post office and ask to speak to the postmaster - if you are lucky they might care enough to lift a finger to help - but sorry to say, they probably won't.

Without boring you with the details, each time I have used USPS, I've had different issues - missing, misdelivered, taking 10 days (from MBV priority mail - really?) or crushed packages.

I now get my packages delivered UPS ground to my office. I've nothing but good things to say about my local guys - they know me so that really, really helps. You might try this option - it's about $10-12 extra on the shipping but at least their tracking is usually pretty reliable and if they mis-deliver, they'll at least know where it was delivered and who signed. It takes a little longer too - up to 5-10 days...

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Ditto on the USPS.
My address is in the UPS office, and they sign for all my packages.
My package was put on the truck at USPS (4 blocks away from the UPS office) and somewhere in that 4 blocks, it got lost !!
It didn't even get signed for. The USPS claims the mailman just forgot to scan it, and that it was delivered.
Well, if it had been delivered, I would of got it.
Personally, I believe that he stole it because the sending address had the word "Vapes" in it, and he knew what that meant.
Most of the vaping merchandise I buy doesn't have the word vapes in the return address, but this company does.
I have gone to the USPS office several times, but they are always "out" in the field for the day !
I have made lots of phone calls, but not once have they returned my call.
I wish we had the option to use UPS. I would pay the difference, just to make sure I got the package, but that option is never offered on the websites I buy from.
I might even get a package that doesn't look like it's been run over by the truck !!

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
I have learned that your Postal man/lady DOESN'T have to deliver your package based upon THEIR discretion if the package will be safe...also, USPS DOESN'T have to even have to scan your package unless it has been "delivered"...Also...nevermind, I'll stop here.

I also don't understand how First-Class can arrive sooner than Priority (both ordered from the same city/state) and..and...and...the Priority package was shipped/processed/left the state before the First-Class package. Oh yeah, I love how when your package is in your Local Processing Facility and just sits there while you don't even live 5 miles from it. Oh...oh...oh...USPS Customer Service can't contact anyone within these Local Sorting Facilities either...they only see what you see with your "Tracking/Delivery" confirmation number.

I lied, I didn't stop...apologize. Oh yeah, your Postal man/lady only needs to knock on your door/ring your bell once and wait no more than 30 seconds to write up the pink slip (takes a lil extra amount of seconds) and leave it. Also, your Local Post Office doesn't need to inform the different Postal Lady/man bout your way to accept package/mail.

This information was gathered from communicating via USPS Customer Service Supervisors, so this all could be misinformation (they love misinforming us).

Rant//

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Yeah, the USPS can be frustrating. I just started vaping about 5 weeks ago and have already had two different packages mishandled (lost and mis-routed). The first one hit a processing facility one hour from my home and then took another 10 days to get to me. It was finally located and delivered.

The other package had one number transposed on the address label (vendor's mistake). The package would have ended up right next door to me, had that address existed. Still the mail man decided to NOT deliver it even though he saw my name on the package and he has been delivering mail to me for years. This same mail man constantly delivers mail to us that should be delivered to another street, just because that street has a house with the same street number as ours. The guy doesn't pay much attention to detail. I am sure the people on the other street get plenty of our mail too. Makes me nervous!

In both cases I had contact the office that handles local deliveries and ask for help there. Luckily for me the person I spoke to there helped me out and got my stuff delivered (eventually).

You can file a compliant with the USPS Consumer Affairs (I think that's what it's called), you just have to find out which office handles complaints for your area.

Good luck!

Relayer1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Saint Robert, MO
As mentioned already, persistence is your best option now. Bother them until they wish they had done their jobs right to begin with. I had a money order get lost in the mail recently. The USPS makes you wait 30 days before you can even put in an inquiry and says it'll be another 60 days before a refund can be issued. Super.

DDDave

May 24, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks for all your replies, seems we're not the only one that has had "issues", but....
Good news everyone!

The person that did receive my package was kind enough to give it to the postman, who then promptly (next day) delivered it to me. It took 2.5 weeks after "delivery", but it did get delivered.

It seems "100 main street" and "100 3rd street" are the same address to the carriers, in that they both start with "100"....

2 weeks of hair pulling and bi****ng about how it was lost, and it finally shows up.

I need a better delivery option, but don't want to pay for a PO box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread