Vapers who aren't exactly former cig smokers, myself included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, guys! I've been vaping for about 3 months now and am really enjoying it. It's definitely grown into a full on hobby and I've come to find the vaping community a big breath of fresh, social air. Folks are genuinely helpful and positive.

I've been an occasional hookah and cigar guy from time to time but am not into vaping because of a cigarette habit. One thing I've increasingly noticed is people automatically assume I was a cigarette smoker for a long time and there's some general disbelief that vapers like myself enjoy it for flavor, the hobby aspect, and social nature of it.

Not really making any particular point here, but am curious to hear people's thoughts and experiences on the minority of vapers who weren't addicted to cigarettes but are proud vapers, even to the extent of being involved in activism.

Is this odd to most ECF members? Is it welcomed? Is it a non-issue to you? How do you feel about folks with no cigarette background enjoying 0 nic or light nic vaping?

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday!

Best,
CuppaJoe in Virginia :D

I assume you're over 18, so far be it from me to tell you what to do. Particularly since you had a nicotine intake before you vaped, and I presume this is decreasing your usage of the hookah and cigars, which is probably a good bit of harm reduction right there.

In my case, I was a horribly heavy smoker. Now I'm a horribly heavy vaper, and my doctor is thrilled. Particularly thrilled as my nicotine levels drop over time... :)

Fearalis

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
UT
I don't think it's "abnormal" but a lot of us did smoke cigarettes. I myself smoked 5-8 cigarettes a day, but getting off those wasn't bad. It was getting off chewing tobacco that was a pain in the .... I went through a can every day or two. I still really miss it so I can see how "ex-smokers" feel about their cigarettes. I still enjoy a cigar every now and then, but I find I can't smoke them anymore without getting sick. I dropped my nic down to .5% nicotine but I love the flavors and the clouds so I don't see myself quitting it anytime soon.

humangraffiti

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
United States
Same here! Ive tried cigarettes like i think a pack overall in my lifetime but i was never a cigarette smoker. As soon as i turned 18, 3 moths ago i got myself a vission vv because ive always liked the flavors of those disposable ecigs. Up until today, 3 months later, it has become a hobby for me. From time to time people come up to me and ask me if i was ever a cigarette smoker and if the ecig help. 3 weeks ago i got me a mechanical mod and i just got another one two days ago. I love smoking for the flavor, feeling and i love the fact that the ecig community is super nice and open, not just here but the people i meet in person too! Happy vapibg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkbbb

Fenway75

Moved On
Apr 8, 2014
Couldn't care less how you got here. That you're not using it to help you quit cigarettes doesn't in any way diminish the fact of your enjoying the hobby and supporting the community. The activism is a bonus, as is what appears to be your genial nature. The more people encounter vaping and come away with a positive or at least neutral impression, the better we all are in the long run. Vape on!:toast:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Is it odd? Nope.

Every adult should be able to choose his/her lifestyle. Is it odd when you turn 21 to have a beer? I am sure no one here ever tasted alcohol before they were of legal age. Alcohol can cause liver damage over time and well drunken driving which can impact a far greater number of people.

Heck you want to vape or smoke. Go for it.

thanswr

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2013
SW Florida
Is it odd? Nope.

Every adult should be able to choose his/her lifestyle. Is it odd when you turn 21 to have a beer? I am sure no one here ever tasted alcohol before they were of legal age. Alcohol can cause liver damage over time and well drunken driving which can impact a far greater number of people.

Heck you want to vape or smoke. Go for it.

Well, let's not get carried away. ;)

Same here! Ive tried cigarettes like i think a pack overall in my lifetime but i was never a cigarette smoker. As soon as i turned 18, 3 moths ago i got myself a vission vv because ive always liked the flavors of those disposable ecigs. Up until today, 3 months later, it has become a hobby for me. From time to time people come up to me and ask me if i was ever a cigarette smoker and if the ecig help. 3 weeks ago i got me a mechanical mod and i just got another one two days ago. I love smoking for the flavor, feeling and i love the fact that the ecig community is super nice and open, not just here but the people i meet in person too! Happy vapibg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkbbb

Very nice! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself and it's a fun hobby. Vaping is certainly bringing some increased relaxation to my evenings and lunchtime walks.

Happy vaping :)

TheProphet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Benbrook, TX, USA
I personally only smoked for about 2 months back in fall of 2011, my ex told me to quit or she would leave, so I quit (not that it helped since she ended up leaving anyway). I was never a really heavy smoker either, I think the most I'd had in one day was 4. I've smoked one every few months since then when I feel like it but my true love was and still sorta is Hookah and cigars. I vape mostly because of the nice flavors and I like the clouds. It also helps me manage my stress and I attribute vaping to being the main cause of me stopping my self harm problems as well.

jjordan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Fairbury, Nebraska
I don't see anything wrong with it..welcome to ECF! My son who has never smoked a day in his life vapes a 0mg nicotine because he likes the flavors like Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, Bubble Gum, Caramel Candy, Peppermint, and many more, he has only one e cig unlike his mom who has 2 mods 8 Smokteck VV/VW batteries and three 600 mAh batteries, an order placed to FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics that includes 9 more pink various mAh batteries, a Vamo V2 is Fuchsia, 10 beauty rings, 30 single bottom coil tanks and replacement coils, and a juice order that could save me if the zombie apocalypse ever hits or the FDA cracks down on us e cig smokers...but my juice order is from VistaVapors E-Cigs and E-Juices and includes 13 more 102ml bottles of juice but at the price of $17.99 a bottle you can't go wrong, and I just ordered backup stock of my faves from that site. I can justify paying $17.99 a bottle for 102ml when my B&M charges $17.95 for a 30ml bottle and there are three of them that I cannot live without I buy 4 of one and 1 of each of the other two.

Sorry I got a little :offtopic: LOL! But I see nothing wrong with it if you're of legal age to be purchasing the items and using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread