Vaping after a stomach flu

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Yeah I agree with @Sir2fyablyNutz, you should be fine.. Nicotine-fiend me probably woulda smoked through the stomach bug, depending on the severity.. Although, it sounds like you've actually gone longer than 3 days with the sickness, you've just been symptom-free for 3 days. I'd guess you're totally in the clear at this point. If you're very concerned it could be worth asking your doctor.

I'd definitely suggest toning down the nicotine level if you can (or want to), as it's a good opportunity to wean yourself off a little bit. Although, I shouldn't talk, I've been vaping for 2 years and I still have 6mg/mL nicotine in my juice. Just a point worth noting.

Rkb56

Oct 7, 2015
Yeah I agree with @Sir2fyablyNutz, you should be fine.. Nicotine-fiend me probably woulda smoked through the stomach bug, depending on the severity.. Although, it sounds like you've actually gone longer than 3 days with the sickness, you've just been symptom-free for 3 days. I'd guess you're totally in the clear at this point. If you're very concerned it could be worth asking your doctor.

I'd definitely suggest toning down the nicotine level if you can (or want to), as it's a good opportunity to wean yourself off a little bit. Although, I shouldn't talk, I've been vaping for 2 years and I still have 6mg/mL nicotine in my juice. Just a point worth noting.
I haven't even thought about lowering my nic levels. I'm starting to kind of feel the withdrawal. I currently use 12mg of nicotine. What would be a good and reasonable step down?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I haven't even thought about lowering my nic levels. I'm starting to kind of feel the withdrawal. I currently use 12mg of nicotine. What would be a good and reasonable step down?

If you have some of the same juice in 6 and mix it with the 12 you'll end up with 9. There are a few vendors who offer juice levels between 12 and 6 which are the most common numbers. You could just go for the 6 and keep the 12 in a cheap clearomizer/tank for times when the itch needs scratched. I did that as I worked my way from 12 where I started to under 3 now (some zero). I never get "withdrawl" symptoms from nicotine anymore.

Reactions: nyiddle

Vapor Haze

Oct 4, 2015
If you haven't thought about it then maybe you are happy with the level you use? Nicotine isn't as addictive as the other chemicals found in cigarettes and some people enjoy the stimulating effect it has. I had completely quite smoking cigs for 2 years or so before ever picking up a vape. I see it as a sweet escape through my days! :) Glad you're better.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
If you have some of the same juice in 6 and mix it with the 12 you'll end up with 9. There are a few vendors who offer juice levels between 12 and 6 which are the most common numbers. You could just go for the 6 and keep the 12 in a cheap clearomizer/tank for times when the itch needs scratched. I did that as I worked my way from 12 where I started to under 3 now (some zero). I never get "withdrawl" symptoms from nicotine anymore.

^ Yep!

I DIY, so I have some 48mg/mL nic suspended in PG that I can spruce up juices with if I know I'm gonna need it. Not necessary, but it helps. I find 6mg is a very comfortable nicotine level, but it's definitely personal preference.

Vapor Haze

Oct 4, 2015
Nicotine levels vary from what kind of atomizer is used as well @Rkb56. I use 3mg because I vape with RDA's. Much more than 6mg on RDA's and you cannot
^ Yep!

I DIY, so I have some 48mg/mL nic suspended in PG that I can spruce up juices with if I know I'm gonna need it. Not necessary, but it helps. I find 6mg is a very comfortable nicotine level, but it's definitely personal preference.

Personal preference and difference in atomizers. :p Much more than 6mg on a dripper and you're in trouble lol

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
HAHAHA! You did good! I think I would have been vaping with the stomach flu. Dentist always told me do not smoke for the rest of the day because it will stop blood clot from forming when he pulled a tooth. I made it to my truck in his parking lot and lite up a smoke. Think I would have kept vaping. CHEERS!

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Personal preference and difference in atomizers. :p Much more than 6mg on a dripper and you're in trouble lol

Lol I didn't mean to imply that I was vaping 48mg/mL. It's essentially my "concentrate" that I make other juices with. A mL is enough to "nicotize" (made it up, just roll with it) most small bottles of juice.

Reactions: Vapor Haze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread