Vaping in the Navy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
ahhhhh...my Navy days...good times! Times have definitely changed. When I was in we could smoke (Regular cigs) in our shop! Hope it works out for you orler! Abhowe has the right idea...or your shop chief depending on your department. I was in ADP (S7 Division) which was a secured space, so it was easy to get away with stuff haha...good luck!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Ask the COC. I am a retired MCPO and am now a contracter that still does a lot of shipboard work. Last week I was in Norfolk working on a DDG and asked the Senior Chief if it was OK vice going out with the smokers. He told me to go for it. I did, but did so discretely. Remember if you don't ask, and get caught DC3, the consequences aren't gonna be cool. So know what your COC's policy is and then follow it. If you are told no, understand that there will be consequences if you do it and are caught.

I will be underway again next week on a CG outta Norfolk... I am curious as to what reaction I will get. If need be I will just stealth vape... but so far no COC has ever had an adverse reaction when I ask.

silkenroe

Feb 22, 2010
iowa
I was in the Air Force and I didn't have any problems, it had honestly not even occurred to me about anyone having a problem with it when i ordered it. Granted, it doesn't hurt that the commander and the chief were smokers.
After i got it I was showing it off and both of them thought it was pretty nifty, but I'm a civilian now thanks to crazy aircrew status and junk, so I don't have to worry about it much. miss flying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread