Vaping issues - Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahxis

Jul 28, 2015
[EDIT] It was indeed the coil -- thank you for your replies, they were really helpful! Went for coils, came back with a new setup...ha.

I'm very new to all of this, so I completely apologize for asking obvious questions here and hope you can bear with me.

I have an aerotank mini that I got a few weeks ago, and it was working great. But about a day or so ago it started taking longer to get a hit, and the base of the tank would start to get hot quickly so I'd have to pause a lot in between. Now when I try, however, I just get a kind of 'burn' in the back of my throat if I hold it long enough, and that doesn't seem right.

I've read things about a 'burnt taste,' but that's kind of vague for me. I just know it isn't the typical 'burn' that you get with a cigarette, or a good taste with juice. I can't tell if it's necessarily a 'bad burn.'

Can anyone help me out with this? Also, is there a visual cue to tell if something's wrong? ((I looked at my coil and it looked normal...am I missing something?))

Also know it's not the battery. It works just fine wit my EVOD 2, which was my first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaezziel

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Ahxis!

Have you changed the coil in your Aerotank? Depending on your usage, it's possible for a coil to last a number of days, but I've never been able to get a coil to last for more than a week. As your juice vaporizes, it can leave "gunk" on the coil. As the coil gets "gunkier", it's harder for the juice to vaporize and can start to taste burnt.

ETA - What battery are you using?

Ahxis

Jul 28, 2015
Welcome Ahxis!

Have you changed the coil in your Aerotank? Depending on your usage, it's possible for a coil to last a number of days, but I've never been able to get a coil to last for more than a week. As your juice vaporizes, it can leave "gunk" on the coil. As the coil gets "gunkier", it's harder for the juice to vaporize and can start to taste burnt.
Aahh... No, I have not changed the coil. I've been unsure how often they're supposed to last, and am a bit guilty of using it a bit much the past few days. Though I was hoping that it was something that wouldn't have to be replaced. Thank you, though!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Aahh... No, I have not changed the coil. I've been unsure how often they're supposed to last, and am a bit guilty of using it a bit much the past few days. Though I was hoping that it was something that wouldn't have to be replaced. Thank you, though!

My pleasure! Unfortunately, "nothing lasts forever".... Especially "stock coils"!

The degradation in flavor and vapor is a pretty good sign that it's time for a new coil.

Glad you're here - best wishes!!!!

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I'm very new to all of this, so I completely apologize for asking obvious questions here and hope you can bear with me.

Glad to see that Mama Dinger was able to help you sort things out, Ahxis... I just wanted to add a bit and welcome you to the forum! Please don't ever feel bad about asking questions here, no matter how basic you may think they are. We all started out on this journey with no clue as to what we were doing. The beauty of this site is that any problem you are having, someone here has the answer for you... and even better, they are more than happy to share and help you work through it.

So, what new set-up did you get? Here's to hoping that it treats you well, and helps to keep ya off the stinkies! :)

Ahxis

Jul 28, 2015
Glad to see that Mama Dinger was able to help you sort things out, Ahxis... I just wanted to add a bit and welcome you to the forum! Please don't ever feel bad about asking questions here, no matter how basic you may think they are. We all started out on this journey with no clue as to what we were doing. The beauty of this site is that any problem you are having, someone here has the answer for you... and even better, they are more than happy to share and help you work through it.

So, what new set-up did you get? Here's to hoping that it treats you well, and helps to keep ya off the stinkies! :)
Thank you! I'm actually really surprised at how helpful everyone was -- pleasantly surprised! New kid wandering around a forum for a device they're nearly clueless about...It almost bates bad vibes. But really, I'm glad it turned out better than I expected.

I left with a subox mini -- it seemed like a good go for what I'm doing. The aerotank mini was a good point to start with, but so far, I really like this new one! Definitely beating the sticks.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thank you! I'm actually really surprised at how helpful everyone was -- pleasantly surprised! New kid wandering around a forum for a device they're nearly clueless about...It almost bates bad vibes. But really, I'm glad it turned out better than I expected.

I left with a subox mini -- it seemed like a good go for what I'm doing. The aerotank mini was a good point to start with, but so far, I really like this new one! Definitely beating the sticks.

Nope, no bad vibes here. This is the friendliest forum I've had the pleasure of being a part of, and I'm glad that you found your way here. Stick around and you'll learn more about vaping than you can imagine... and if you run into any more problems, just post 'em up and someone around here will definitely help you get it sorted out. I promise.

Subox Mini, huh? That's a nice piece of kit! 50W capable, fires down to 0.3 ohm coils... leaves you plenty of room to grow! Even if you decide to move to the rebuildable atomizer route, that box will still be a great base for it. Stick with it, Ahxis... I, and many others here, can attest to the fact that vaping can keep you off of the sticks for good... I'm past the 6 year mark now without a cigarette. I've dropped my nic dosage, but I still vape because I enjoy it too much to quit! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread