Variable voltage ego batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Hey everyone I'm new on the forum and I have a few questions. I just purchased a mini protank 2 and I'm going to rebuild the coils on it. Should I use 2mm wick for the coil and 1mm for the flavor wick? Also what gauge kanthal should I use? 32? 34?

Now once I have my coils I want to purchase a vv battery from joyetech. I found some on my vapor store. Are those good?

Now once I have the batteries, how do I use them? Do I start low and adjust till the flavor is good? How does the voltage work with different ohm coils depending on how many turns I rebuild them to?
Thanks!

According to P=U*U/R, P means power of atomizing, U means batt voltage, and R means coil resistance.

If you choose very high voltage and very low resistance, the P will be too large, so easy to cause burnt smell.

I recommend you set ur coil at 1.8 or 2.5 ohm, and then try different voltage w your ego-vv, i believe u will find ur best flavor at some voltage.

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
A lot of questions so breaking it down =)

2mm silica is fine, even 2mm ekowool expands a bit better, but silica is just fine, 1mm floaters work as well. I use 32ga wire in a 5/4 (5 top 4 bottom) wrap for my Protanks, 6/5 wrap for my T3S tanks, first gives about a 1.5 to 2.0 ohm coil that works well with my SVD which has a higher switch amp limit and larger capacity battery, second about a 2.0 to 2.5ohm coil which works well to to not tax my Ego sized limited battery with a lower switch amp limit and lower capacity battery, though requires more voltage to meet my wattage level. A lot of VV/VW and regulated static voltage deals a lot with "Ohms Law" in e-cigs, voltage, wattage, ohms (resitance), and amperage all play their part, find an Ohms Law calculator on Google, if you have an Android phone, download an Ohms Law app from Google Play, they can be very handy, just for the aspect of finding your Wattage output level, the calculator will most times need only 2 variables, with an Ego Twist crank it up in slow intervals 0.1volt incriments, until taste, throat hit, and vapor are perfect, input the voltage and ohms, calculator will output the other 2, wattage and amperage, knowing the wattage afterward, wattage and coil resistance, calculator will output what voltage required. The Ego Twist is a nice battery, just remember get the 1000 or 1100 mah sized ones, they have been around a while and are a great platform for flexibility.

Wmmeese

Dedicated Lurker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
St Louis
The Mini Protank is a great match for the EGO style batteries. I have had the best rebuilding success using mini/micro coils and cotton. I have experienced far fewer problems with juice supply and leaking since I went to cotton. If you are adventurous, there is a new thread for rebuilding Kanger heads using a vertical micro coil with cotton packed around the outside like a carto! I have five in use with this system today and all were successful first time.

Adjusting voltage is simply starting low and advancing the voltage until taste starts to suffer or you get a burnt taste. Give it a few hits at each voltage to avoid racing past the sweet spot.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've not rebuilt the coils of any of my clearomizers yet, so I'll leave that for someone experienced with that question.

Joytech Twists are recognized as the best ego class adjustable battery, along with the Vision Spinners. The below video demo is of the Spinners, but is equally useful for the Twist. My Vapor Store is a reliable vendor for vaping supplies; just insure the product description says genuine name brand. You can also try AltSmoke to check their prices.

I'll include the safe vaping power charge which is often used as a guideline for matching ohm resistance to voltage used. Your statement on how to find the "sweetspot" by starting low and working up in increments is a good one. Some people also take the ohm number, add "2", for a nice startoff point. (2 ohm + 2 = 4 volts)

Last edited:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Athe calculator will most times need only 2 variables, with an Ego Twist crank it up in slow intervals 0.1volt incriments, until taste, throat hit, and vapor are perfect, input the voltage and ohms, calculator will output the other 2, wattage and amperage, knowing the wattage afterward, wattage and coil resistance, calculator will output what voltage required. The Ego Twist is a nice battery, just remember get the 1000 or 1100 mah sized ones, they have been around a while and are a great platform for flexibility.

So basically I'll build the coil to work out to about 1.5-2.0 ohms and I set a voltage at 3.5 volts I should get a wattage reading, then the calculator will give me a proper voltage? What about when battery life is decreased? Will I be turning the volts up as well?

I do like the size of the 650mah battery, should I get the 1000mah?

Thank you for all the replies.

I'm looking into building my coils soon, I want to order some silica wick and kanthal. Is this a decent site to order from?
Rebuildables

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
What about where to get the vv battery. I want a 650mah joyetech. Is my vapor store a reputable place to get them from?
MyVaporStore is an OEM dealer......although branded with the "MVS" logo....trust me, the Joytech products they sell (like the eGo-C Twist 650s I purchased from them....) are GENUINE!!:D
MVS has earned high marks on this Forum for fair prices, quality products....and FAST service!!!:thumbs:
VV batteries will be a quantum leap for your vaping experience!!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread