Virus causing headaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my first order on Saturday and the first bottle I opened was the Virus. I quite love it, certainly ADV material, but I have a problem. On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I got headaches. I've only had one between when I quit smoking and Sunday, and have attributed them to tobacco smoke making me more sensitive to triggers, I had headaches 3 or 4 times a week for the last 2 years or so and was pleased to find them become a rarity over the last 2 months.

Today I vaped CB and "Flavorz by Joe" Cup of Joe, and no headache.

Has anyone else experienced this? I would love it if someone has a potential solution other than not vaping Virus, but if its the NET or TA that is doing it I guess I'm out of luck.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
So I got my first order on Saturday and the first bottle I opened was the Virus. I quite love it, certainly ADV material, but I have a problem. On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I got headaches. I've only had one between when I quit smoking and Sunday, and have attributed them to tobacco smoke making me more sensitive to triggers, I had headaches 3 or 4 times a week for the last 2 years or so and was pleased to find them become a rarity over the last 2 months.

Today I vaped CB and "Flavorz by Joe" Cup of Joe, and no headache.

Has anyone else experienced this? I would love it if someone has a potential solution other than not vaping Virus, but if its the NET or TA that is doing it I guess I'm out of luck.

I would discontinue use if it were me - I can't speculate on cause... since you have a history of headaches, it could be lots of things (physical, or psychological). I mean, I smell certain things and there's no plausible reason why it should make me feel like it does, but... you get the idea. This is a large reason why they say "taste is subjective." It's a real bummer for you, super yummy. :(

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I do use virus, 12mg, and have been a virus addict since almost the beginning of my vaping life. I haven't ever had any headaches that I can think of. I do get them, but I don't think it's from vaping, or any flavor in particular. But you might be sensitive to TA or NET. Just lay off of it for a time and do other flavors. If no headaches at all, maybe try virus one more time. If you get a headache, then you know it's off your menu. Too bad. I'm sure you could transfer ownership of that virus without a problem.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
12 mg may be the problem, why don't you trade it with someone that has some six and see if you get the same result. When I was at twelve and found good liquids I beat the hell out of them and got headaches. Nothing since moving to 6 mg.

Kent is much more knowledge then I am but I couldn't give up my Virus. Filled up a KFL last night and it didn't even make it through the day. Good luck HMav!

Last edited:

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Lol, there isn't any left. Barring the couple ml left in the tank I vaped it all. It was only 15ml to start with. Had I ordered more, I might have vaped it all before I noticed the trend, its THAT good.

Try some 6mg next time and see how it goes. Hopefully that will resolve it. Glad you enjoyed it. Yummy flavor.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Spooky, I'm using 12mg. I can chain vape till my jaw aches and not get a nic headache from 12.

I'm definitely bummed, but on the bright side that's 1 more flavor I get to try on my next order! :evil:

Mr. Kent of awesomeness Sir, are there any other flavors that use the TA or NET in them?

Wakonda, Radioactive, The Virus, and Roundhouse all have TA and NET tobacco, to various degrees.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Lol, there isn't any left. Barring the couple ml left in the tank I vaped it all. It was only 15ml to start with. Had I ordered more, I might have vaped it all before I noticed the trend, its THAT good.

It might be that you are enjoying it so much that you are vaping more, suggesting that you should lower your nicotine level. Also, question - have you recently switched to a more effective deliver device? (something with more taste, vapor, etc)

Clark, several weeks ago I switched to kayfun style tanks and a VV3, and this has treated me well. I had to cut back from 18mg to 12 because I don't like the nic buzz, which I still get at 12 if trying to un-flood a kayfun. Never a headache from the nic alone, as said before no issues with chain vaping at 12 in these devices. I tried 4 different builds in 3 different devices, 1 build was 1.6 ohms with 28awg 2mm ID and the rest were 30awg same resistance, all kanthal/rayon, no problems on identical builds with other juices (barring juice quality).

The local shop suggested 6mg about 2 weeks ago (due to the equipment upgrade) so I tried some. Its too low for sure, I was feeling crazy, so back up to 12 and everything is ok. Juice consumption not above normal, right about on par for my 25ish ml a week.

Water intake is good. I drink constantly, anymore water and I'll grow gills.

At this point I'm pretty sure that my issue is tobacco specific, not just from smoke. Its too bad for me. Definitely will not stop me from recommending it though.

I think I'll stay away from anything tobacco for a while. So the next question is, what do I order next? Which flavors have a similar "presence" to the virus?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm a migraine sufferer and often have that reaction to ingesting certain things. So its possible something in the Virus is causing it. I kept logs daily of everything I ate for a couple of years to figure out some of my triggers. Sulfites was a hard one for me to track down, and were it not for recording my food I never would have figured that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread