Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Vapor

Jun 21, 2015
I recently purchased a Vision Spinner II 1650mAh battery, and at first it was great, no issues at all. But for almost the past week, its just not been functioning correctly at all. At random, it stops delivering power to any of my tanks, and when I plug it in, nothing happens, the charger is solid green and the light doesn't come on on the Spinner II like it should. I've tried cleaning out the end contact port, using different chargers, turning it on and off and just leaving it a few days, and nothing has seemed to fix it properly.

The problem also fixes itself at random upon plugging it in a usb port with the charger attached, it then functions correctly by having the light flash and stay constant to indicate that is it charging. At the moment it won't charge or deliver power to tanks, its been like this for 3 days now and I'm thinking of returning it...

Something makes me thinks its the short-circuit protection being tripped, but nothing I have done would inflict that. Any help would be appreciated.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Joe_Vapor. Glad to have you here!:)

Sounds like the center pin of the battery is not making a connection with the atomizer of the clearomizer/tank. This usually occurs from over-tightening the tank onto the battery connector. Just make sure that if you use something conductive (metal) to pry up on the center pin that you do NOT hit the fire button while you are working on the battery. Or better yet, turn off the battery.

Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery

Joe_Vapor

Jun 21, 2015

Sounds like the center pin of the battery is not making a connection with the atomizer of the clearomizer/tank. This usually occurs from over-tightening the tank onto the battery connector. Just make sure that if you use something conductive (metal) to pry up on the center pin that you do NOT hit the fire button while you are working on the battery. Or better yet, turn off the battery.

Thanks @Suscan~S , I'l give it a try now. I'l let you know of the results :3

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
One of the first rule of thumbs for a vaper when trying to get off the cigs is to have backups. Don't buy a backup, buy an upgrade and use your pens for the backup. The iStick 30W would make a nice transition from pens to mods than can be more versatile with other tanks and vape growth.
iStick 30W with an Aspire Nautilus Mini.
30W%20w%20Naut_zpspxou70ko.jpg

iStick 30 W actual size comparison (not mine)
pink%2030w_zpsn8wyk3zo.jpg

Joe_Vapor

Jun 21, 2015

Unfortunately, moving the center pin upward doesn't seem to make any connection improvements :/
I've even tried placing a small piece of metal on the center pin so that the tank and charger make guaranteed connection to the pin, but still, no fix :/
This makes me think that the center pin itself isnt connected to the battery, so I'm going to open it up tomorrow and try to get an explanation. I'm alright with electronics and if it breaks i'm not too botherd. If anyone has any other fix ideas, let me know and i'l try them

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
I recently purchased a Vision Spinner II 1650mAh battery, and at first it was great, no issues at all. But for almost the past week, its just not been functioning correctly at all. At random, it stops delivering power to any of my tanks, and when I plug it in, nothing happens, the charger is solid green and the light doesn't come on on the Spinner II like it should. I've tried cleaning out the end contact port, using different chargers, turning it on and off and just leaving it a few days, and nothing has seemed to fix it properly.

The problem also fixes itself at random upon plugging it in a usb port with the charger attached, it then functions correctly by having the light flash and stay constant to indicate that is it charging. At the moment it won't charge or deliver power to tanks, its been like this for 3 days now and I'm thinking of returning it...

Something makes me thinks its the short-circuit protection being tripped, but nothing I have done would inflict that. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Joe, No warranty?

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Unfortunately, moving the center pin upward doesn't seem to make any connection improvements :/
I've even tried placing a small piece of metal on the center pin so that the tank and charger make guaranteed connection to the pin, but still, no fix :/
This makes me think that the center pin itself isnt connected to the battery, so I'm going to open it up tomorrow and try to get an explanation. I'm alright with electronics and if it breaks i'm not too botherd. If anyone has any other fix ideas, let me know and i'l try them

Joe, if the metal slips = dead short

Joe_Vapor

Jun 21, 2015
Joyetech 650mah Battery had a serious failure!!!!!!!!!! | E-Cigarette Forum

My 3 year anniversary gift to ECF :D It wasn't easy to find and it's a must read.
Sounds pretty scary haha. Do you know any pen-style batteries that are on par with the Vision Spinner II? I loved the idea and design, but I read that the Spinner II is proper crap and Vision know it. Any suggestions for a battery relatively similar in price and design, like, the adjustable voltage etc?

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Sounds pretty scary haha. Do you know any pen-style batteries that are on par with the Vision Spinner II? I loved the idea and design, but I read that the Spinner II is proper crap and Vision know it. Any suggestions for a battery relatively similar in price and design, like, the adjustable voltage etc?

Hi Joe, There are many choices :lol: Some of the top brands are Joyetech, Kanger and KGO. But there may be more today. None of the midsize vv batteries that I bought lasted as long as the fixed voltage Joyetech - 2 yrs. But, for what some of the name brand vv cost, you may want to consider a ProVari Gun Metal Grey Electronic Cigarettes: Gun Metal Grey Electric Cigarette, Gun Metal E-Cigarette

I just bought my second during a sale - get on their email - not because I have any problems yet with my first (spring of 2013), but because I DON'T and for $108 shipped with the 18650 ext. cap. :facepalm:

EGO Style VV/VW devices Here's one of many places with a selection of vv midsize batteries. I actually got a bad battery here in 2012? and had no problem getting it replaced. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread