Vivi Nova not firing on MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

melodiousThunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
san francisco
I used the screwdriver method to lower/raise (depending on how you look at it) the connector pin on my ViviNova Mini. But I found the eyeglass screwdriver blades too narrow. I ended up using one of the smaller flathead screwdrivers in my multi-tool, a 1/8" in width. It worked, but a 3/16" would have been a bit better.

Like Khilbron said: "Or you may need to take a small flat head screwdriver to the connector inside of your MVP and raise it up a smidge." Sometimes the connector in the battery gets pushed down slightly. You can bring it up using a slim tool like a jeweler's screwdriver, levering gently from a few sides to avoid tilting the connector. I've fixed quite a few eGOs this way, but I've never used an iTaste so I don't if this technique will work on your device.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I used the screwdriver method to lower/raise (depending on how you look at it) the connector pin on my ViviNova Mini. But I found the eyeglass screwdriver blades too narrow. I ended up using one of the smaller flathead screwdrivers in my multi-tool, a 1/8" in width. It worked, but a 3/16" would have been a bit better.

Like Khilbron said: "Or you may need to take a small flat head screwdriver to the connector inside of your MVP and raise it up a smidge." Sometimes the connector in the battery gets pushed down slightly. You can bring it up using a slim tool like a jeweler's screwdriver, levering gently from a few sides to avoid tilting the connector. I've fixed quite a few eGOs this way, but I've never used an iTaste so I don't if this technique will work on your device.

Yes, it does(raising the center pin on the device). I had to on my MVP once or twice. And I must have bigger eyeglasses cause mine works. LOL

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread