Volcano Inferno - Very displeased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've received my Inferno 3 days ago, and it's been giving problems since day 1...It's ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, getting e-juice on the drip tip, and I end up ingesting freaking e-juice every few puffs! I'm not covering the entry holes, I've tried swapping coil, nothing works. It's very frustrating because it is not a cheap e-cig! Heck, I had a 20e one that despite being ..... construction quality wise, never even once leaked into the drip. I'm losing tons of e-juice with this issue, and I just can't figure a way to make this work...Anyone here had the same issues? :/

Sorry for all your problems, you see grimm's vid on the inferno. He talks about it and filling etc.

VolcanoEcigs NEW Inferno e-cig 2014 - YouTube

I hope you get it figured out, seems like a good setup.

I've watched the video from Inferno, and I'm pretty sure I'm filling it correctly... I'll watch this one regardless when I get home, since now I am at work with a bad connection and limited bandwidth

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
An issue that I see is most new vapers using clearomizers don't understand that vaping is different from smoking. Let me explain.

Clearomizers use tiny silica string to wick juice to the heating coils. If your draw technique is too strong, too much juice gets pulled to the coils. The coils can only vaporize so much juice at once, so what is not vaporized remains in the air chamber. Juice in the mouth, gurgling, or excess juice ending up at the battery connection results.

My advice is to use a gentler, longer draw and not such a heavy one.

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
+1 on Baditude's comments.

I got an Inferno set earlier this year (my first step up from cig-alikes) and I was sucking and gurgling juice ALL THE TIME. Read through some of their help articles on Volcano's site - here's one that helped me somewhat: Solution: Atomizer leaks or gurgles. – Knowledge Base

Just like Baditude says, long SLOW draws. Don't try to hit it like a thick milkshake - you'll jank yourself up. I have the BCT tanks for mine - didn't get the Tube Tanks (they looked really confusing at that stage for me....) I hit the button, take a draw, LET GO OF THE BUTTON, and finish up with a very light draw. Gives the vapor just enough time to clear the chimney and not recondense.

Just to add, I have pulled them out of the drawer recently (after having added VV3s and MVP2s to my normal arsenal of devices), and have very little problems with them these days.

Last edited:

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I wasn't familiar with this device so I Googled it. I came across MANY owners complaining about the very same thing. It seems like it's a known issue. I see that it wasn't cheap and perhaps you can get a refund? For around that price you can get a variable voltage and wattage device which you might like better. By adjusting wattage/voltage with different flavors of juice you can really enhance your vaping expirence. And for about the same cost as the inferno. If you can't resolve your issues I would consider a refund and possibly a variable wattage and voltage device. I hope this helps. Sorry I'm not sure how to fix the issues the inferno has. However if the issues continue, I would consider another device.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Volcano is not very good and expensive.

Volcano make out like they are "top dollar", but actually, it's all cheap, low-end equipment.

..then again... I can only go by UK prices and reviews.

I'm fairly sure they also sponsor this forum, so no doubt my comments will soon be censored. It's about making money, the quality of the product comes far down the food chain.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll try to go a little softer then,but I'm not really doing it nearly as much as I would with cigs!

A Just For Your Information Tip: Clearomizers were designed for beginner vapers. They were designed to be easy to fill and easy to change their replacement coils. However, their very design is inferior to other juice delivery devices.

I quickly advanced from clearomizers to cartotanks, which are a more advanced tried-and-true juice attachment with better flavor and better more consistant performance. However, they have a slightly higher learning curve than a clearomizer which someone brand new to vaping may not be willing to tackle at first. Are you willing to learn ro use a better juice attachment if it takes a little longer to setup if it gives a better vaping experience?

All juice attachments will have a learning curve, from clearomizers to cartotanks to rebuildable atomizers. The trick is to learn how to make each one work for you for a better vaping experience. Personally, I no longer use clearomizers, still occasionally use cartotanks, but primarily use RBA's where I am making my own coils and wicks. Vaping has become a journey to find what works best for me. Each individual will eventually find their ultimate setup.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide.

Information Resources for Your First RBA

Last edited:
Forgot to add that if any of you more experienced vapors don't mind spending a few minutes bashing their head in because of my noobiness in this subject, I could be reached via skype! It's a bit hard for me to check on the forum all the time because of the internet connection I have here...
So, if anyone wants to help me out that way, feel free to PM with your skype or I'll send you mine :)

I have on of those tanks. Juice will always pool under the drip tip. On volcanoes site they even explain this was a feature. One thing I found to help reduce it is to inhale a little after letting go of the fire button. Clear all vape in the chamber. I was told that juice could be condensation.

They told me it could be faulty tanks, so I gave them the go to send me some replacements...Let's cross fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread