Volt Mini Clearomizers + Johnson Creek Vanda and Rainier = HORRIBLE! Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandrax

Nov 10, 2012
Indiana
I just bought four Smokeless Image Volt mini-clearomizers and two varieties of Johnson Creek juice, Vanda (vanilla) and Rainer (Cherry), both VG only. I put the juice in the clearomizers and they're AWFUL! God-awful! Acrid, stinging, burning, and totally unpleasant. I tried Highbrow Pure Pear in one of the same clearomizer and it works/tastes pretty good. With the Johnson Creek flavors in the Volt Clearomizers, there is much popping/sizzling also when I activate the battery.

Do these Johnson Creek flavors just SUCK when they're used in Volt clearos? Should I be vaping them with a different setup?

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
VG juices like those generally have a higher viscosity. They tend not to wick as well and therefore easily gunk your coils and/burn.

So yeah, the relevant difference is your delivery system.

I'm not sure about the volt clearos (mini T3s?) but I mod my protank heads by taking the extra flavor wick out so that high viscosity juice can wick more easily. Maybe there's a similar modification you can make?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
ok those are top coil. You will have to tilt and swirl your device to make sure that thick liquid gets up to the wicks and the coil at the very top. Otherwise you will get one nasty dry hit which is what your description sounds like.

You could also try thinning your juice a little bit with a few drops of vodka or distilled water. I do mean DROPS. It will not take much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread