voltage meter and cherry bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysxelic_Vepar

May 31, 2015
Hi there,

I got myself a cherry bomber a week ago and I'm noticing that the battery under the Atty drains at normal speed while the other doesn't drain or only drains a little bit. (example: left 3.7v right 4.0-4.2).

I have a fluke auto range multi meter and I was wondering if anyone knew how exactly I could test each connection to see where the voltage is dropping for each battery. The white cap covering the firing pin is blocking me frombgetting in there. Hopefully I'm doing it wrong and y'all can lead me towards the light!

Dysxelic_Vepar

May 31, 2015
Open the back and pull the delrin pice out and tighten the contacts.
If they are loose they won't make the connection.
Contacts were pretty tight but I noticed connecter bar thing was a little bent. I went ahead and flattened back out. Seem to be working right now. Trying not to remove the batteries too much to check it because I think my fiddling is causing it lol.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Contacts were pretty tight but I noticed connecter bar thing was a little bent. I went ahead and flattened back out. Seem to be working right now. Trying not to remove the batteries too much to check it because I think my fiddling is causing it lol.

Excellent!

The CB is a really straightforward device.
There are only a handful of things that can cause that problem. Bent bar isn't one of them. You must have had a loose contact somewhere, top or bottom.
It's the only possible explanation other than a faulty battery or charger.

Glad you got it working right.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
There is a new post here about the dangers of the Cherrybomb Mod.
I recommend checking it out.

The dangers are 100% user error .

Mechanicals are meant for experienced knowledgable users. Not beginners. This isn't the mod to learn about mechanicals on. That can get you hurt.
It's not a one size fits all world.

Dysxelic_Vepar

May 31, 2015
I appreciate the info but this is definitely not my first mechanical mod or even first mechanical box. I did as much research as I could find before I ended up getting the CB, knowing its downfalls. Once again though, I do appreciate the info because I'm sure there are several folks here thinking about getting one or already have one that don't know about that and other issues it has nor are they ready to deal with them.

Vape safe!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
1. Clones from two companies.
2. One solid brass , two
Aluminum.
3. I keep the aluminum threads coated with a small amount of NoAlOx.
The brass just gets cleaned with alcohol.

Bad design. Sturdy box mod but bad design on the switching to the thread ring on the 510 connector.
It's not a bad design. It's not for the beginner, or "drop it in a pocket with keys and roll" crowd. It's not made for that.
It's meant for the vaper that pays attention, and knows what they are buying.
I actually use mine all day every day.
Battery life is incredible.
Then again, I don't roll through life on auto pilot.

Dysxelic_Vepar

May 31, 2015
3. I keep the aluminum threads coated with a small amount of NoAlOx.
I'll have to try that. Feels likenitnhits kinda week sometimes even though both batts are fresh. Readjusting has worked so far.

It's not a bad design. It's not for the beginner, or "drop it in a pocket with keys and roll" crowd. It's not made for that.
It's meant for the vaper that pays attention, and knows what they are buying.
I actually use mine all day every day.
Battery life is incredible.
Then again, I don't roll through life on auto pilot.
I agree with you. Was a little hesitant about using at work at first so I just used at home for a few days to learn its behavior. Been using it at work for the last week or so in a package hub. Stays in my back pocket with just a little wiggle. So far so good. I do constantly look like my .... itches though, constantly checking to make sure the Atty isn't leaking or any weird heat coming from the mod. Lol

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I'll have to try that. Feels likenitnhits kinda week sometimes even though both batts are fresh. Readjusting has worked so far.

I agree with you. Was a little hesitant about using at work at first so I just used at home for a few days to learn its behavior. Been using it at work for the last week or so in a package hub. Stays in my back pocket with just a little wiggle. So far so good. I do constantly look like my .... itches though, constantly checking to make sure the Atty isn't leaking or any weird heat coming from the mod. Lol
Aluminum will oxidize quickly when in contact with other metals like copper.
The NoAlOx keeps the oxidation in check.

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I have enough trouble keeping my pants up with a wallet and a phone! :D

LOL! When I was a little kid I always thought it was funny seeing men with big bellys and their pants half off their butts. Now my children get to have the same laugh.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Glad your device is working. You should always make sure everything is in place and looks good before using the device. I don't own one, but the covered copper strap seems like a both good and bad idea. Good for connection, but bad if not taken care of. Keep your bottom neg contacts snug, they don't have to be too tight.

Try not to cause unwanted loosening of the copper parts either. Make sure all your stuff gets cleaned and if you do use the noalox, make sure your application is light and clean.

And don't be afraid to take the batteries out. Actually you should if you don't think you'll be using it for a while and it's sitting in your bag, at least you know it's off.

Bad Ninja has got the right idea and attitude about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread