VV USB Passthrough question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

p0rnst4r

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
Tak-Boleh Land
Hi everyone.

I've been smoking analogs for almost 18 years.
My friend recently introduced me to PV saying it would be a better alternative.
Normally I smoke about 20 sticks a day... but with the PV, I only smoked 3 analogs on the first day. ( after meals:blush: )
The transition was quite amazing. I'm quite sure with the help of a PV, I would finally be able to quit smoking.
Recently I stumbled upon this cheap VV USB passthrough while surfing around and would like some feedback about it.
Would it be dangerous to use it on portable USB power banks or on the computer while my main PV is charging? :blink:

usb.jpg

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Hi and welcome to ECF. I've got one of those which I purchased at High Desert Vapes, eGo Passthru. Cheap and effective, but it won't handle very high wattage and shuts down when overloaded. I also wouldn't recommend connecting it to a computer usb port. If it happened to pull too much power it could spell trouble for your computer. I would go with a usb wall adapter that puts out 2.0 amps, I found mine at Walmart for about $8.

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
Over the hills and far away
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Last edited:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
i own one of these! it wont handle low ohms, you are not supposed to use it on computers and gaming consoles because it pulls to much amperage. i got a wall charger with mine that is rated to 2 amps any power source must be rated for 2 or more amps. i don't use it much anymore but its nice to have in the car. also this is not a battery its just a pass-through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread