VV/VW... Is it worth it? Innokin, Vision, Joy

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
Hey All.

i know I have been making quite a few threads lately, and if apologize. I know i have been all over the place from mechs to VW devices and all. I am gathering as much data as I can to make a decision best for me.

i've no plans for sub ohm or high wattage. I plan on using standard resistance clearos, as I am satisfied with my pro tanks, mini pro tanks and EVODS. Nothing fancy, just flexibility to dial in my vape some. K.I.S.S. Basically. If I switch from a 1.8ohm to a 2.5ohm head or carto, I wan to be able to tune it. Obviously having vv or vw will help me achieve that. That is not what I am wondering.

in looking at the MVP and Itaste vv v3 compared to a spinner or twist... Is the vape that much better? Assuming you are using the same juice, tank and head, moving from device to device... Will it really be that much better? You can get two spinner/twist devices for the cost of one of the innokin MVP or vv3. Is the vape twice as good or twice as consistent? Does the vape quality justify the additional cost? Again, assuming same juice and delivery device. That is my bottom line.

i do not care about the massive battery life of the MVP if the vape quality is no better than a spinner or twist. Same for any gimmicky add ons like charging your cell. Don't care. I care about consistency.

if you have gone from a spinner/twist to an MVP or vv3, please let me know if you felt it was worth it or not. Please include why you think it was worth it.

Last edited:

Ameera

Aug 25, 2013
Lake Wobegon, MN
I LOVE my Innokin itaste v3.. LOVE IT!!! I won it in a contest, and wasn't sure I was ready for such a device since I had only just begun vaping and was pretty happy with my ego 1100s. Then I actually got my itaste in the mail.. and used it.. and said to myself "OHHHHH, THAT is what vaping is ALL about!!" It brought a whole new level to my juices and throat hits.. and well, just about everything that is wonderful about this hobbit.. (hobby+habit) LOL!! I highly recommend it and as for the battery life, it lasts me all day and I use it quite a bit.

I can't speak of the others that you are wondering about.. I will let others chime in on those.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
This is too easy. Yeah, VV/VW is waaay worth upgrading. You don't have to get the MVP (but you should), but go with something VV or VW. My wife has been using an Ego Twist for years and has been perfectly happy with it. By it I mean them. They won't last as long as a bigger battery device in terms of battery life and device life, but they are great for what they are.

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Yes it is worth it considering you can get one for under $70 even at a B&M. Ive seen the iTaste VV V3 for under $40 locally. The ohm checker alone is nice to have. I like being able to check the ohms then set the watts to what i normally prefer for a specific coil type.

Coils don't always checkout as advertised or you get the wrong one by mistake. It helps remove some of the guess work and its convenient to have on the APV.

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
Yes it is worth it considering you can get one for under $70 even at a B&M. Ive seen the iTaste VV V3 for under $40 locally. The ohm checker alone is nice to have. I like being able to check the ohms then set the watts to what i normally prefer for a specific coil type.

Coils don't always checkout as advertised or you get the wrong one by mistake. It helps remove some of the guess work and its convenient to have on the APV.

Pretty sure they still have the mvp2 deal at 101vape for $39.99. That is hands down the best deal anywhere for anything vv/vw in my opinion!

I also have the itaste vv v3, and use the both of them all day every day. ;)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yes I remember the day in the distant past, hmm, must of been 6 month ago, I just wanted a plug and play device, no frills, just good satisfying vape, Started with a cig-a-like, got me off smokes but was missing something, went to an ego style, better, put a Protank on it, now we're talking, but still missing something, didn't fulfill my inhalation needs, checked out the VV & VW devises, after a couple weeks researching, decided on the Provari, nice device but still needed more, so discovered rba's, ahh, learned to build, and it's fun, never wanted to, but now could never go back. Now I am building rba's making my own juice, and just recently got into mechanical mods. Totally enjoying this new found hobby, and have been smoke free for 6 months now.

I'm not saying go and get a Provari, what I am suggesting is to at least purchase a quality VV or VW device, not something to just get you by, but something that will take care of your immediate needs, but also allow you to venture and grow into areas that you might not think you want to explore. A good quality regulated variable device will not only allow you to dial in your juice and atomizer, but will allow you to grow if you feel like expanding your vape world. I once thought a PT was a great atty, now I know that they are just a beginners tank and mediocre at best, muted flavor and just ok vape. Gave mine away, cause they were just collecting dust.

Do yourself a favor, do the research and comparisons, then make a choice from an educated perspective, and go with what looks good to you. I'd recommend to get something that could deliver 15 watts, you may never need it, but if you one day did want to, it's there. But it's you decision, no one here can tell you what's best for you.

Vape long and prosper!!

f3lix

Oct 30, 2013
Dallas, TX
There is no question, VV/VW is worth the money and there is no risk involved. With the power to pinpoint when vapor is too hot you can get the perfect vape. When you get to a point where the unit is just not enough you can always upgrade.

I've been using the Vamo and it is so good, with a few clicks i go from a cool and mellow vape for the morning to an intense and hot vape later in the day. Make sure you watch vids and read people's feedback. When you find the shorter list of cons you've found your unit. Good luck and enjoy!

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
I appreciate all of your input. I like to know that I can justify a purchase, a good ROI basically. I do not want to go too deep yet because I may get to the point where I am done vaping, like I am smoking. Who knows... If it turns out the whole VV/VW thing makes that big of an improvement, i could definitely see buying a long-term device. At least with either/both of the Innokins, i can get my feet wet with VV/VW and RBA tanks as well.

Again, thank you for the direction.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I would take a good look at the Innokin MVP V2, iTaste VV/VW V3 (both are Innokin products) and if you really want to go higher in $$$ consider a Provari. Its not that other models are bad at all. Its that once i reach a certain price point, i strongly prefer to send that money to an American company with American customer service. ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

That being said i have nothing against anyone who chooses differently. The Innokin SVD really caught my interest and it can be found for about half the price of a Provari. The only reason i did not get one is i did not want to mess with a separate charger and batteries even though it opens up more options.

I wanted simple and the MVP or VV/VW V3 provide that simplicity and all the features i want except higher volts/amps/watts. The higher volts, amps and watts are mainly for future devices. The MVP V2 is an awesome performer for the price and you will likely never worry about running out of batter power for over a day.

This one looks interesting too. It only does volts but does check ohms (according to the website) and charges through the eGo connection or a separate charger. Price is in the same range as a MVP V2 or a tiny bit more.

VapeOnly vPower18650
http://www.smoke-evolution.com/Vapeonly-vPower-p/se-vo-vpow-kit.htm

Last edited:

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2013
Israel
VW mod wont make your vaping any better or any worst compared to your VV twist.
Basically its all its all a matter of how much heat is produced, which is determined by the amount of volts and the resistence.
What VW gives you is the ability to automatically adjust your volts based on the change of ohms by setting your watts instead.
This is relevent because factory made heads don't always have the stated resi and it changes with use as the head gets worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread