Not open for further replies.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Full dis·clo·sure. I can be very verbose, so if you're bored easily, peruse another thread for a while and come back, I'll still be ramblin' along. Also, I don't drink so this is a sober post.

I smoked for a long time, and I'm not afraid to admit that I really enjoyed it. I loved the flavor of my tobacco, I loved the physical mechanism of smoking. I'm not speaking of the hand to mouth portion. I'm speaking to the act of inhaling the smoke, how it felt in my air passages, how it ran over my
tongue and nostrils. I smoked the full flavored AS Blues which had a chemical/flavor profile that allowed me to never smoke another brand of cigarette since the first pack of AS I smoked (if that didn't make sense, other brands would make me nauseous and give me a headache within 1 drag along with poisonous flavor).

The experience
above
has been severely lacking in my vape experience. And I understand they are different and I never had the expectation of recapturing my smoking experience however.....

.....the last 12 hours with my tank of Wakonda have just been an awesome experience! There is way that the Wakonda vapor has imitated the smoke experience. It's density is just perfect in my air passages. Coupled with the flavor; Milky to light 1/&1/2 consistency creamed Light Roast Coffee is a subtle yet pervasive flavor through out the vape with a lovely NET on the backside exhale that has a sweetness that lingers after several hits. There is even a certain "ashy" component that lingers on the roof of my mouth. It's just got it all!

This combination of Coffee and Net together in such great balance with (for my circuitry) perfectly dense vapor fools my brain into believing that I'm engaging in smoking. The vape triggers the subconscious experience of drinking that 1st cup of coffee in the morning and smoking that 1st cigarette with it, back in the days before you had children and could smoke in a rental property (shoot, I remember smoking on a plane flight a couple of times).

Masterful mixing Kent! Your background has a really profound affect on your juice mixing. Whether subconscious and realized or just left to flow.

I am REALLY looking forward to the Virus and Switch (on frickin' Tuesday now..and mind you that's not until 11 pm Tuesday night - I'm VERY grumpy about that) that's stuck in vape mail that in no way is NT's fault, stoopid "holiday". But, I digress...

I haven't even had the chance to throw this in a dripper yet! I'm off Monday's so i'll have to make this 5 ml last! In addition, I haven't been able to let this age for a while to really see what it's about. I started DIY to save money (shakes fist and sky and damns "Clark" Kent).

So those are my thought's on Wakonda, thanks for listening.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Full dis·clo·sure. I can be very verbose, so if you're bored easily, peruse another thread for a while and come back, I'll still be ramblin' along. Also, I don't drink so this is a sober post.

I smoked for a long time, and I'm not afraid to admit that I really enjoyed it. I loved the flavor of my tobacco, I loved the physical mechanism of smoking. I'm not speaking of the hand to mouth portion. I'm speaking to the act of inhaling the smoke, how it felt in my air passages, how it ran over my
tongue and nostrils. I smoked the full flavored AS Blues which had a chemical/flavor profile that allowed me to never smoke another brand of cigarette since the first pack of AS I smoked (if that didn't make sense, other brands would make me nauseous and give me a headache within 1 drag along with poisonous flavor).

The experience
above
has been severely lacking in my vape experience. And I understand they are different and I never had the expectation of recapturing my smoking experience however.....

.....the last 12 hours with my tank of Wakonda have just been an awesome experience! There is way that the Wakonda vapor has imitated the smoke experience. It's density is just perfect in my air passages. Coupled with the flavor; Milky to light 1/&1/2 consistency creamed Light Roast Coffee is a subtle yet pervasive flavor through out the vape with a lovely NET on the backside exhale that has a sweetness that lingers after several hits. There is even a certain "ashy" component that lingers on the roof of my mouth. It's just got it all!

This combination of Coffee and Net together in such great balance with (for my circuitry) perfectly dense vapor fools my brain into believing that I'm engaging in smoking. The vape triggers the subconscious experience of drinking that 1st cup of coffee in the morning and smoking that 1st cigarette with it, back in the days before you had children and could smoke in a rental property (shoot, I remember smoking on a plane flight a couple of times).

Masterful mixing Kent! Your background has a really profound affect on your juice mixing. Whether subconscious and realized or just left to flow.

I am REALLY looking forward to the Virus and Switch (on frickin' Tuesday now..and mind you that's not until 11 pm Tuesday night - I'm VERY grumpy about that) that's stuck in vape mail that in no way is NT's fault, stoopid "holiday". But, I digress...

I haven't even had the chance to throw this in a dripper yet! I'm off Monday's so i'll have to make this 5 ml last! In addition, I haven't been able to let this age for a while to really see what it's about. I started DIY to save money (shakes fist and sky and damns "Clark" Kent).

So those are my thought's on Wakonda, thanks for listening.

Wow - great write up! We had a discussion about "that feeling" we're persistently seeking... I am glad it came through for you brother! Sometimes it's hard to verbalize beyond "Yum!" or "I love it!" - you painted a beautiful picture of someone whom has left analogs in the distant past!

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Great review, I've been vaping mostly DIY lately, But I think I might have to put in an order at NT.

Thank you, I couldn't resist linking this in that other thread as I had just posted this review. He was asking for some details right?

Order it up, it's tasty. I primarily DIY. Until I discovered the NuThouse...gives me something to vape while my juice steeps...;)

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Hey rflash - welcome! You really can't go wrong with any NT liquids, but Wakonda is definitely a special blend. Soignee, awesome write up. I just finished up a 5ml tank of Wakonda, and dang if that liquid isn't just a masterpiece. Thanks for putting it into words for us brother.

Anytime...

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Thank you, I couldn't resist linking this in that other thread as I had just posted this review. He was asking for some details right?

Order it up, it's tasty. I primarily DIY. Until I discovered the NuThouse...gives me something to vape while my juice steeps...;)

I saw that post. /chuckle Newsflash: Everyone has their own style when it comes to writing reviews. The trick is to identify people with similar taste, whom also write reviews you find helpful. I can identify with the OP's concerns about vendors not adequately describing the liquid you intend to purchase - not knowing a flavor profile typically reason enough for me to pass... especially if the name of the liquid is obscure. The flip side of trying to describe a specific flavor (even if you are a vendor) is that it should always be assumed that "this is what it tastes like to me, in this device, at this moment" - and all that is subject to change after a few drinks, a few months steep time, or a new shiny device. All in all, reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt unless you know with some certainty that you and the writer are on the same page.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
how much tobacco taste is there in wakonda? And does the resulting vape smell like cigs?

The tobacco is very subtle, doesn't smell like tobacco at all. You have to think in terms more of how a pouch or pack of cigarettes smells when you stick your nose in it. Wakonda is more a creamy coffee than a tobacco. The NET is a bonus! Coffee vapes are a tough thing to do.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
how much tobacco taste is there in wakonda? And does the resulting vape smell like cigs?

Had my own concerns with the same things you are expressing here. You really need to try some Wakonda and virus. They have their own flavors, and don't smell like cigarettes. You really have to work to find the tobacco in Wakonda it isn't in your face. It is more of a cream and sugar coffee with a dash of custard for me. The virus with some steep gives me a maple syrup flavor.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA

Same as others have said. It's just an accent for me. A creamy coffee flavor is the main squeeze, and vanilla and tobacco notes serve to accentuate that flavor. My wife is my nose tester, and she says she doesn't really smell the Wakonda. Others like the virus she smelled...in a good way. She likes the way the virus makes the room smell.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Wow - great write up! We had a discussion about "that feeling" we're persistently seeking... I am glad it came through for you brother! Sometimes it's hard to verbalize beyond "Yum!" or "I love it!" - you painted a beautiful picture of someone whom has left analogs in the distant past!

Thank you, working with food and explaining it over and over to a staff who then needs to sell it to the guest every night has helped a lot. Interesting point about cigarettes, truly I don't obsess about smoking any longer but cigarette addiction is SO insidious, SO powerful, that I didn't even know I was missing part of the process. It was pure 'stream of consciousness' to discover that little tidbit!

I saw that post. /chuckle Newsflash: Everyone has their own style when it comes to writing reviews. The trick is to identify people with similar taste, whom also write reviews you find helpful. I can identify with the OP's concerns about vendors not adequately describing the liquid you intend to purchase - not knowing a flavor profile typically reason enough for me to pass... especially if the name of the liquid is obscure. The flip side of trying to describe a specific flavor (even if you are a vendor) is that it should always be assumed that "this is what it tastes like to me, in this device, at this moment" - and all that is subject to change after a few drinks, a few months steep time, or a new shiny device. All in all, reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt unless you know with some certainty that you and the writer are on the same page.

Well said. I have faced that same frustration myself and chosen not to purchase many times. I could have pointed the OP over to the CV thread where there are many reviews of many more juices, many of them I've written. My priorities are in a different place now when it comes to 'premium' juices ;) so I thought I'd turn them on to this NuTty place...( 30g dual 3/32 id 1.2 ohm, rayon wicked Orchid tank with fluctuating wattage; 7-20 watts BTW)

Looking forward to your thoughts on the virus and the switch. Two favorites of mine. (Shakes fist in the air that the switch isn't permanent right now) While currently reducing my stockpile vaping the switch at this very moment.

I love to put my thoughts down about a tasty (or not) product. So I'll have them out there next week for your perusal!

wakonda is lord :)

Stream of consciousness embodied right here! Sloth is less wordy than I am, gets right to the point!

Last edited:

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
So, just an equipment note for you Kent.

I put a parallel single coil 30g 7/64 id .6 ohm on Rayon in the Magma today and the build was just tooooo much for the juice. I started out at 9.5 watts and even on a fully saturated wick it went to dry hit right away. Back down to 7 watts (lowest I can fire) and the flavor was muddled creamy. There just isn't enough air flow to handle the metal in the build.

I'll try a 'normal' dual coil in there and get my flavor back...

Mikeo

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Central Illinois
Great review, I've been vaping mostly DIY lately, But I think I might have to put in an order at NT.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Better be real careful Flash, you wouldn't be the first DYIer led astray by NT:D.
Seriously, order a couple small bottles and see what you think. btw, The Virus is my absolute favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread