Want a pro tank that capes cool like an ego ce4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxcollector

Sep 11, 2015
I've had fun with a ce4 ego and decided to upgrade. I now own a 50 w innokin disrupter.also a sub innokin I sub tank with a .5 ohm coil. Unfortunately the vapour produced is really warm and disgusting! I know it was a silly mistake and I did do my research but didn't expect it to be that hot.

Can I put a 1.8 resistance coil inside it?
Also is 1.8 ohm similar to the cool vape of my ego ce4?

I may change the tank all together because the massive metal drip tip is metallic in taste and hard to draw on.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hello @Boxcollector and welcome to the forum. I looked up the iSub tank and could only find .5 ohm coils for it. IF.. they make a 1.8 ohm coil for that tank it would definitely cool the vape down.

If you're looking at a new tank I'd suggest the Aspire Nautilus Mini, which has coils in 1.6 ohm and 1.8 ohm. I vaped my 1.6 ohm coils around 15 watts. It also has a metal drip tip (which can be replaced with plastic if you desire) but I've noticed after a day or so it loses it's metallic taste altogether.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I can use my iSub tank with a .5 ohm coil on my Disrupter and get a nice, cool vape. I have the watts set at 11 or 12, though, and have to do lung hits with it (because of the airiness), but it's nice and smooth, and not too hot. Although the Disrupter and the iSub tank were designed to accommodate cloud-chucking, it CAN be used otherwise. I think you just need to turn your wattage down.

Or you can get another tank. I use all manner of tanks on my Disrupter. With an adapter, I can use my EVOD tanks, or mini Protanks, and I also have some regular sized Protanks that will fit right on it. Those will take all sorts of different types of coils. I think the iSub has only a few available, mostly low-ohm, but I'm not sure.

~Lannie

Reactions: dcfluegel

Boxcollector

Sep 11, 2015
Cheers guys. Yeah at 11 watts it's cooler but the metallic taste on it and lung hitting makes me gag. And of course the vapour production is lack luster. Perhaps I'm not a smoker you see and used to just draw the ego into my mouth slash throat.im not very used to the straight to lung.
Yeah my mission is basically to get a little more vapour then my ce4 but it still be as cool and tasty.
The 1.8 coil tanks are similar you reckon?

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Well, I smoked for twice as long as you've been alive ;) and I never did direct lung hits. I had to learn to do that in order to use this. I get a lot of vapor, myself, but that's relative, I guess. I have to be careful where I'm blowing it if I'm watching TV or I can obscure the screen. To ME, that's "a lot of vapor." You're looking to chuck major clouds? I don't think you can do that on the higher-ohm coils, but I've never tried, so I don't know. I get way more vapor from the iSub tank than I do from my Protanks with 1.8 to 2.2 ohm coils. But what works for me, won't necessarily work for anyone else. LOL! I was just trying to help you get more out of what you already have. Since I have very little experience with the different tanks that are available, I'll bow out and let the experts advise you. Good luck, and I hope you find your perfect vape! :)

~Lannie

Boxcollector

Sep 11, 2015
No I didn't mean it like that haha. Yeah I meant lack luster a bit to the ego ce4. I'd like some more vapour then my ego but I'm not dis illusioned because above ohm tanks obv won't chuck clouds. I'm more In it for flavour and a bit more vapour really. Yeah I might change a drip top to plastic because the metal on my teeth is like nails on a chalk board haha.

Boxcollector

Sep 11, 2015
The aspire nautilus looks lovely. Thin drip tip like the ego.glass tank, steel parts , good capacity. And if it has a cool vape like the ego it sounds perfect.
Is the normal nautilus plastic?
The reason I don't stay with the ego is because the atomisers suck. So many arrive doa and give dry hits etc.
but the nautilus also can be used to do mouth hits as well ! Which is great because I guess I like to draw on it like a ... ( cig).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread