Want to Order a Prodigy V1 - When Will I Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Hello,

After numerous unsuccessful emails to Puresmoker, I'm wondering if anyone in here can shed some light on my question.

I want to order a Prodigy V1 (801), but I'm not clear as to whether they are in stock or not, and how long they will take to ship it out. I've heard that they are in stock right now in the forums, but there is still an estimated ship time of '2-3 weeks' on the Puresmoker site. Again, I've tried getting this question answered via email to no avail. A quick answer would likely make me a customer, so...I'd really like one. ;-)

Anyone have any info for me? I'm getting discouraged by the lack of responsiveness, in all honesty.

Thanks!

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Thanks Johnny 5...

I do appreciate your passing that along, although I think I've already heard it. :p

I'm really looking for someone (like Steve) to say "yes - order a Prodigy and I'll have it sent out to you by Thursday". See, I need to weigh my options here, and I need a high voltage PV ASAP. ;-)

If it turns out that he won't be able to ship my unit out until 2 weeks from now, I'd probably order something else from someone else. Also, I'm admittedly a bit turned off by the lack of communication, and hearing a certain answer direct 'from the horses mouth' would seriously help to ignite my confidence in terms of Puresmoker's customer support.

Hey Synth

Don't get too frustrated with the Puresmoker folks.
They make products that everyone wants, and not in a full-on commercial capacity. Also, this was a 3 day holiday weekend that just passed. These folks work themselves ragged, the least we can do is give them some slack about answering e-mails over the weekend. They've got some of the best customer service in the industry, certainly beating out most if not all other companies who carry high voltage PV's.
9 times out of 10, they respond to e-mails, tickets and PMs within a day or less.
That being said, I'm sure someone will pop in here to say if Prodigy's are well stocked enough to be shipped immediately sometime today.
I too am interested, but that's because I ordered 2 on Friday and am waiting to hear when they'll ship.

Don't go elsewhere, trust me, any wait time that you endure with Puresmoker is worth it, every single freaking time.
I waited about 2 weeks to get my Puresmoker Passthrough and I can't vape anything else now, hence why I ordered a prodigy for portability.

Since Prodigy's *should* be in stock, I don't think you'll have to endure the kind of torture that I did while waiting.

Looking for the right e-cigarette vendor is like looking for the best place for lunch... You go where the line is the longest... because ultimately you KNOW you're going to get the best for your money.

Last edited:

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Synthnadz, give Steve and all a little break, ok? It was a holiday weekend after all. It is easy to forget that just because a company has a web presence 24/7 doesn't mean that *they* are 24/7. We all have to rest and eat and do non-work sometimes.

Absolutely - I hope that my posts didn't come off as too harsh, that wasn't my intention. Perhaps all of this 'vaping drama' between finding the right device, ordering supplies, and racing against imminent bans is getting the best of me.

Patience, patience - something that has never come easily to me. ;-)

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
Prodigys are in stock- both Steve and I have posted this several places on the forum. Shipping within 24-72 hours since we're catching up from the weekend. Holiday weekends= a break for us. It can take a day or two to get caught up and respond to everything that flooded in. I've got over 50 PMs sitting in my inbox on top of all the tickets in the ticket system right now. Sorry for the delayed response time, but I'm only one person! :)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
And that one person on a normal day will get back to you real quick. Some of my tickets have been answered in as little as 15 minutes. I will agree with everyone else here that Puresmoker is one of if not the best vendors to deal with. They have the best thing going and everybody wants one seemingly at the same time. I couldn't imagine dealing with over a hundred orders a day on top of all the questions that come up. I can tell you from experience that both my Pass thru and Prodigy was shipped the next day. Fact. And if I had to wait they would both be well worth it. Fact.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Also, I'm admittedly a bit turned off by the lack of communication, and hearing a certain answer direct 'from the horses mouth' would seriously help to ignite my confidence in terms of Puresmoker's customer support.

Synth,

If it makes you feel any better, I sent Steve a long PM with lots of questions - I think it was at the end of last week - and I got a very helpful, detailed answer in a matter of hours.

I ordered a prodigy yesterday morning...so I know the 'I can't wait' feeling.

Good Luck!

I wanted to order today, but it seems I need the Switch Housing to be able to vape at 5v, but even though it says "in stock" it will not allow you to select it for ordering.

Am I missing something?

I'd really like to grab one before they sell out again to avoid a long wait.

The Prodigy comes STANDARD at 5v. If you wanted to, you could order the extra switch housing that would allow you to vape at 3.7v (standard e-cig battery, but much longer life) OR 6v, which would provide more vapor, but also more heat than 5v, which (arguably) tends to be too strong for most folks, providing a harsher vape with burned flavors.

The only REAL reason to order the extra switch housing is to accomplish one of two things:

1) Getting the same hit as a freshly charged standard e-cig battery for a much longer period of time (some say 1-3 DAYS) at 3.7v

2) 5v is too weak for you and you want to go a bit higher

This has been explained multiple times on this forum in the passed day or two, however I'll explain it again.
If you order a prodigy kit, you will get one with a switch that has a resistor that limits it to 5v with Two (2) 3v batteries. You could use a single 3.7v battery with this switch, but it will reduce the voltage to something unusable due to the resistor. You could also choose to purchase the extra UNREGULATED switch with no resistor and it would allow you choose between 3.7v (which would not be reduced) or 6v (which, as I said, can be too much).
However, now that the protege is available for preorder, if you really wanted 3.7v, you should just order that.
If you want a prodigy, just order the kit, you'll get the 5v you want.

I hope that helps :)

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
The Prodigy comes STANDARD at 5v.

Thanks very much for clarifying that CMc...Just when I thought I understood how the prodigy worked, Bandit's post made me wonder if I'd missed something. Hopefully you saved her some money, as well.

Now all I have to do is sit and wait on my Prodigy...but something tells me it's going to be worth waiting for.

Poor mailman's probably going to think he has a stalker. 8-o

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Thanks everyone for the continuing support throughout this thread...

I just placed an order for a Prodigy V1 (801). I think I'm going to setup a tent next to the mailbox now. Is it here yet? ;-)

I can see the headlines now:
Mailbox Camp Out FAD Sweeps Nation
Carriers suddenly experiencing rock star-like status.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread