wanting to start mixing my own juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoRanger

Aug 2, 2015
Hello, so I wanted to start mixing my own juice, now I am not experienced with mixing in any way, and I thought asking the vets would be the best possible way to get some professional help. What do I need to get started? And also were would i go to get the most high quality unflavored VG PG? And of course the nicotine? Were would I also get glass bottles? Do I need to do let the juice steep? (Because I hate waiting for juice to steep) any help in this subject would be greatly appreciated thank you guys! (I will also be doing my own research as well)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
DIY BLOGS
Dannyv45 - dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Hoosier - Hoosier's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

DIY
RECIPIES
DIY E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Forum
E-Liquid Recipes | E-Cigarette Forum
For recipes only!!!!!!! | E-Cigarette Forum
EcigExpress Archive Cookbook | Your favorite e-liquid recipes
Clone Recipes | Homemade E-juice Recipes
E-liquid recipes | dot1ml
diyRecipeBook
Mega TFA / TPA Recipe Thread : DIY_eJuice (TFA/TPA)
Solid list of DIY clones! : DIY_eJuice
hic : cerealkillaclone (FA)
ejuicerecipeforum-the place for DIY e-juice lovers
e liquid recipes google search
Dropbox - ECF Recipes
E-Liquid Recipes | E-Juice Recipes
E-Liquid Mixing Recipes | Make My Vape
E-Liquid Recipes | Planet of the Vapes
99Juices
Zoho Creator -DIY e-Juice Recipe Book
UK Vapers - Juice Recipes
Recipe mega thread
Accueil - Le DIY pour les Nuls
FLAVOR CHARTS Page | BAKE IT RIGHT
Flavor Profiles that Pair Together in Recipes - Nouveau RawNouveau Raw
Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | E-Cigarette Forum

MANUFACTURERS
The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
The Hangsen Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
Inawera- a few reviews | E-Cigarette Forum
Flavor West DIY flavor review | E-Cigarette Forum
LIST of Capella Flavor Percentages | E-Cigarette Forum
Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings | E-Cigarette Forum
Inawera Flavor Review - 45 Flavors From InaweraShop - Add Yours Too! | E-Cigarette Forum

DIY SUPPLIERS
Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies (Capella, Flavour Art, Flavor West, Hangsen, Inawera, Flavor Apprentice)
Wizard Labs (Capella, LorAnn, Seedman, Flavor Apprentice, )
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress (Flavour Art, Flavor West, LorAnn, Flavors Express, Natures Flavors,
Signature (TFA), Jungle Flavors, Hangsen, Tasty Puff, Inawera, Capella)
DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes (LorAnn, Capella, Hangsen, Flavour Art, Flavor Apprentice, FLavor Jungle,
Flavor West, Inawera, RTS blends)
Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids - MyFreedomSmokes (LorAnn, Flavour Art, Flavor Apprentice, MFS house blends)
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/ (House blends/brands)
Perfumers Apprentice - The Flavor Apprentice - World of Flavors (TPA/TFA)
Capella Flavor Drops - Over 75+ Water Soluble Concentrated Flavorings (Capella)
Flavor West (Flavor West)
DIY E-liquid Supplies - Home (Capella, Flavor West, LorAnn, Flavor Apprentice,House Blends)
Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale (Capellas, Flavor West, LorAnn, Flavor Apprentice, House Blends)
E-liquid Mart (Capellas, Flavour Art)
Diy E Liquid Flavoring – Wide Range Of Diy E juice Flavors In Us - (Vaping Zone VG flavor, Hangsen)
All Vaping Flavors (Flavorah)
[Concentrated Flavorings] - Nude Nicotine
Flavor Extracts | Madvapes (Madvapes)
DIY Flavors (Ellas, Flavor West, NF Organic, Flavor Apprentice, Capellas)
Product Categories Tasty Puff Flavor Drops | Tastypuff (Tasty Puff)
Vapers Tek (Molin Berry, Inwaera, German Flavors)

PG/VG
Essential Depot: Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, Potassium Hydroxide, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Vegetable Oils, Food Grade
DudaDiesel - Biodiesel, Chemical & Solar Supplies, Alternative Energy Store
Glycerin | Bulk Apothecary

E JUICE CALCULATOR
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator <--download I use
DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors Plus PG/VG Adjusting <---online
New Calculator to try | E-Cigarette Forum (Android/beta stage)

GLASS & PLASTIC BOTTLES
Glass Bottle Outlet
Glass Bottles, Jars, Closures & More | Packaging Options Direct
Bulk Glass & Plastic Containers, Bottles, Jars & Drums | Bottle Solutions | Bottle Solutions
wholesalevials
U.S. Plastic Corporation | Plastic Tanks | Plastic Buckets | Plastic Bottles | Labware | Plastic Tubing | PVC Pipe | U.S. Plastic Corp.
ebay and amazon for bottles, bulk syringes, pg/vg,

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
A tip that I've found key: get something to keep your bottles from tipping. Someone recommended a shoe box lid, but I made this
e03f54cd23100687de19caceabbfd7a6.jpg

*~*moonlitwish*~*

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hello, so I wanted to start mixing my own juice, now I am not experienced with mixing in any way, and I thought asking the vets would be the best possible way to get some professional help. What do I need to get started? And also were would i go to get the most high quality unflavored VG PG? And of course the nicotine? Were would I also get glass bottles? Do I need to do let the juice steep? (Because I hate waiting for juice to steep) any help in this subject would be greatly appreciated thank you guys! (I will also be doing my own research as well)

The following research material including all my blogs will explain everything you need to know and even has a step by step through your first mix. Spend a day on this and tomorrow you will be a pro.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DIY, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

suburbiansam

Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Disco,
I'm also a pretty impatiens person. The information above is all important, and should be given a good read before embarking on your journey. That being said, 2 useful tools that are rarely discussed are a good scale to .01g for mixing by weight (good for consistency between batches) and an ultrasonic cleaner (good to speed steeping juices in 2-3 days vs 2-3 weeks). Hope this helps. Good luck.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Do you put the finished bottle in the ultra cleaner? Or how does it help cut down steep time?

I'm not trying to be a penis here or anything but all your questions can be answered using the search feature and you have also been given links to all the information you have requested. Do your reading. It is unfair to ask us questions that you have already been given the answer to but don't want to bother taking the time to read about.

Best of luck on your mixing adventure. It's a lot of fun and saves you some money as well!

Reactions: mhertz

satchvai

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Off the grid
Yes. The whole bottle goes in and it helps the ingredients mix together faster. A crock pot or running under a hot water faucet will also make your liquid more viscous and help them meld together. I've found even with these methods, nothing works better than time. I usually find two weeks is where most of my mixes start to shine.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
DIY is all about personal taste.

Start with 1 or 2 flavors and don't get overwhelmed by the 5+ flavor recipes. Keep it simple to start and adjust flavorings to your taste and equipment.

For example I'm still pretty new to DIY and make a simple RY4 + Cubano with max VG for my sub ohm tanks. It is pretty much shake and vape but does get better with time - so I make this in large batches about 400ML at a time. I've also found that adding 1-3% of any fruit flavor helps smooth it out and round out the flavors better.

Start with the retail juice you have been using and try to find the ingredients. My local shop was kind enough to tell me what I was buying was a simple 50/50 flavor mix of French Pipe and RY4 at max VG (around 85% VG). Was pretty easy for me to copy that and over time I have made slight adjustments that I find work for me.

The great thing about DIY is you are custom making juice for you, your tastes and your equipment.

Reactions: DiscoRanger

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I recently started DIY too...about a month ago. I got everything I needed from myfreedomsmokes and wizard labs.

I'd suggest finding a juice that's good "right away" and then experimentin with more complex flavors that need longer steep time.

at least that's how I do it (and now I have about 500 ml of juice to vape, but I'm still making more. haha.)

Reactions: DiscoRanger

easedel

Account closed on request
Sep 4, 2015
How much would
I recently started DIY too...about a month ago. I got everything I needed from myfreedomsmokes and wizard labs.

I'd suggest finding a juice that's good "right away" and then experimentin with more complex flavors that need longer steep time.

at least that's how I do it (and now I have about 500 ml of juice to vape, but I'm still making more. haha.)

How much did it run you to get started?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
How much would

How much did it run you to get started?

Average cost is $50.00 - $75.00 but you should always spend as little as possible to start. Once you know for sure DIY is for you then it's OK to spurge. A few syringes (1ml, 3,ml and 10ml) a few bottles (10ml 30ml), 5 or so 10ml flavorings, 120ml bottles of VG, PG and NIC solution and your good to go. Make small 10ml test samples to start with and when you find something you like then make larger quantities. Making larger quantities right off the bat only to find you don't like them are a waste of good material.

Read my blog on getting started.

What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum

easedel

Account closed on request
Sep 4, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: 67Tele

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Hey easedel
I just started mixing last weekend after the Big Box of Supplies arrived.
These are the bottles I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5138SO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Gloves: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001V9UQU8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Calibration Weight for Scale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010TGEQE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Boston Bottles: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FXH2LY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00
Different sizes with/without drippers also depending on your plans

Safety Goggles

Labels

I got the same PG/VG as you did.

Aaaannnddd, the Blogs are very helpful to get started. Do some reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread