What do you do when you get HORRIBLE juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
Ok, I ordered juice for the first time online from a company that I wont mention just yet and it arrived today today ... Because of a few good reviews, I ordered 8 different flavors, thinking well even if it's not as good as what i have now, it can't be that bad...man was I wrong!!

The first one I tried was a tobacco flavor it was good, not great, just ok.

Because orange is my favorite non-tobacco flavor, I tried the orange flavor next. Oh my god, it was the most AWFUL juice I have ever tasted ... Just terrible!!! There was absolutely no trace of orange cream flavoring. It tasted like burning potpourri, no taste of orange, no taste of fruit ... and it literally made me gag ... I tried this flavor in two different tanks, one glass and one clearo, but were equally bad.

And when I say "burning potpourri", I don't mean the same type of burning you get from a dry carto or wick, but it literally tasted like I took some potpourri out of a bowl and started smoking it

The next flavor I tried was an apple and even though it isn't as god awful as the orange flavor, it is still bad bad bad ... I immediately get a taste of apple, but a millisecond later it gets completely overwhelmed by the same weird burning potpourri flavor again. I tried this one in a freshly cleaned carto tank with a well primed carto.

What I noticed with all three flavors is that they all hit me with the same sort of burning potpourri flavoring (the tobacco is a lot more subtle) ... I have never tasted anything like it ... I have heard some DIY nicotine leave an after taste, can it be the nicotine? All orange and apple flavor juices I have tried always tasted great! So this is really confusing to me

I now have 5 other flavors to try and I am really nervous that they are going to be just as bad. I am going to take a break, let the juice sit, go back to my old juice that I LOVE (which btw is orange cream) and try again in a little while ...

Needless to say I am pretty disappointed, But I have to ask, has anyone ever had this happen? I don't know whether the taste was on purpose and I just don't like it or I possibly got a bad batch maybe? I honestly don't see how anyone could like this.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed the other flavors aren't as bad. Sorry for the rant.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
First, take the lids off, and shake. Leave lids off for a couple days and shake them every so often. Put lids back on, leave it alone for a week...and then try it. If it's still "meh" then two weeks.....try again ....and so on. You'd be surprised just how many juices need a while to mature - just like the difference between grape juice and wine. If you're desperate for something to vape, put some juice in a small bottle (preferably glass) and leave it to warm up a bit in hot water - sometimes that can help for immediate needs.

If it doesn't do anything for you after giving it time, then sure, Pay It Forward or trade it.

Meanwhile, stick with samplers or smallest size bottles until you find THE ones. Sampler sizes tend to mature faster because the volume is small, and the heat from your atty can hasten the "steeping" process. Only order big bottles (and allow to steep) when you can say "Now THAT was good!" - I spent hundreds of wasted dollars in a gunshot approach and big bottles when I first started.

Oh - and be careful if you're using boges as it's easy to crank up the wattage and fry them, which then creates a burnt flavor from the carto, not the juice.

If the juice is heavily VG or even if it isn't, make sure it has enough time to wick before vaping too. Hope any part of this is helpful.

Last edited:

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Ok, I ordered juice for the first time online from a company that I wont mention just yet and it arrived today today ... Because of a few good reviews, I ordered 8 different flavors, thinking well even if it's not as good as what i have now, it can't be that bad...man was I wrong!!

The first one I tried was a tobacco flavor it was good, not great, just ok.

Because orange is my favorite non-tobacco flavor, I tried the orange flavor next. Oh my god, it was the most AWFUL juice I have ever tasted ... Just terrible!!! There was absolutely no trace of orange cream flavoring. It tasted like burning potpourri, no taste of orange, no taste of fruit ... and it literally made me gag ... I tried this flavor in two different tanks, one glass and one clearo, but were equally bad.

And when I say "burning potpourri", I don't mean the same type of burning you get from a dry carto or wick, but it literally tasted like I took some potpourri out of a bowl and started smoking it

The next flavor I tried was an apple and even though it isn't as god awful as the orange flavor, it is still bad bad bad ... I immediately get a taste of apple, but a millisecond later it gets completely overwhelmed by the same weird burning potpourri flavor again. I tried this one in a freshly cleaned carto tank with a well primed carto.

What I noticed with all three flavors is that they all hit me with the same sort of burning potpourri flavoring (the tobacco is a lot more subtle) ... I have never tasted anything like it ... I have heard some DIY nicotine leave an after taste, can it be the nicotine? All orange and apple flavor juices I have tried always tasted great! So this is really confusing to me

I now have 5 other flavors to try and I am really nervous that they are going to be just as bad. I am going to take a break, let the juice sit, go back to my old juice that I LOVE (which btw is orange cream) and try again in a little while ...

Needless to say I am pretty disappointed, But I have to ask, has anyone ever had this happen? I don't know whether the taste was on purpose and I just don't like it or I possibly got a bad batch maybe? I honestly don't see how anyone could like this.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed the other flavors aren't as bad. Sorry for the rant.

Hola local :)

I'd agree let it steep and try it again. I find myself coloring my impressions however so I try and let stuff steep if it's a juice thats reported to need a steep before tasting...but it is hard!

odds are if you hate it however, you probably won't like it even after a steep :(

my first couple of juice orders went awry because I don't like vaping what I enjoy eating...Ie coffee and bakery goods.
I do love sweet/tart fruits.

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
Hola local :)

I'd agree let it steep and try it again. I find myself coloring my impressions however so I try and let stuff steep if it's a juice thats reported to need a steep before tasting...but it is hard!

odds are if you hate it however, you probably won't like it even after a steep :(

my first couple of juice orders went awry because I don't like vaping what I enjoy eating...Ie coffee and bakery goods.
I do love sweet/tart fruits.

I appreciate the feedback... However I really don't think this is the case of just not liking it ... I have actually had that experience...didn't care for dessert flavors...

In my case, I love orange and apple flavor but never tasted juice this bad before, where three different flavors have the same overwhelming taste. Maybe the company will be so kind as to refund my money if I shipped it back...

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
The beauty of a local vape store is that you wouldn't have that problem.......which I do not haves ice.:(

The funny thing is, I love the juice from my local store...I order from this company because it was cheaper and some good reviews but I always was iffy about paying for juice I didn't try first, this just confirmed...won't make that mistake again...

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
I got my hands on 2 that litterally made me ill to vape the perfumy smell and taste was so very strong. I mean 5 day sinus headache sick. 4 weeks of steeping didn't help. I tossed them. I just didn't feel good about paying forward juices that made me physically ill.

Glad I'm not alone on this...that's the exact same experience I'm having...

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I ordered some juices recently. One was a cherry/cream pie flavor. It was an exceptionally well made juice. it had notes of brandied cherries, sweet cream, nutmeg, allspice and clove. It vaped like a beast and had an amazing TH. But....

I wanted to puke after the first hit. I tried to vape it for an hour but had to stop before i got sick. It had been steeped 2 weeks.

I gave it to my buddy. He just order 60ml of it. He thinks I'm insane. Taste is so subjective. I can acknowledge the juice was not bad or poorly made, i'd just rather vape a tire than have it again.

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
I'm feelin' your pain, Kd. I have a little B&M e-liquid supply shop in my city and, as is my preference to do, I've been trying to support their local business ...but, oh my God, their juices are TERRIBLE. I've tried about 15 of them so far and I've only liked exactly 1 ("Cinnamon Red Hot") and that's likely only because, at 100% cinnamon, it burns my taste buds clean off my tongue. :D I mean, we aren't talking complex formulas here ...Vanilla, Butterscotch, Caramel, etc. Part of it, I know, is the fact that they don't do their 5ml sample bottles in anything other than 24mg and I prefer 18mg, but on the rare chance I taste anything at all resembling the 'flavor' they say it is, it's usually just BAD. Funnily enough, they usually SMELL like they are supposed to, they just don't TASTE like they are supposed to. I'm going to let them steep for a few weeks and see if they are any better.

Still trying to find my ADV flavor.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I appreciate the feedback... However I really don't think this is the case of just not liking it ... I have actually had that experience...didn't care for dessert flavors...

In my case, I love orange and apple flavor but never tasted juice this bad before, where three different flavors have the same overwhelming taste. Maybe the company will be so kind as to refund my money if I shipped it back...

Doesn't hurt to ask, but I doubt it. Most juice vendors won't refund your money. One other thing you could try is adding a few drops of sweetener or some menthol, and see if that makes it vapeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread