What is a CHUCK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Okay, so I am interested in beginning to learn about modifications to an e-cigarette to produce more vapor and a better throat hit.

I have perceived that it takes a larger, better battery source to do these things.

What are some suggestions for this task? And what is a "chuck", and is it different than this device called "VP1" and "VP2"?

Thanks.

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Also, does it take a different type of atomizer to use these devices, or can I use the regular JOYE 510's?

Yes you can use the JOYE 510's. You can also use an 801 and 901 with the proper adapter. My little chuck has 510 threads on it and I can use all three. Just read through the chuck thread and you will find all your answers. You can also post in the Chuck help thread and one of the Chuckleheads (that's us Chuck users) will get back to you. Welcome to the group:D

Last edited:

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Elendil, you were an inspiration to me when I started, and I haven't seen you posting much in awhile. But now I find you suddenly posting again, and in the Chuck forums.

Do you have one?
If so, can we see it?

Me too. There was a large group of people that were about two months ahead of me. It helped so much that they paved the way and I could judge my progress via their experiences. Elendil was especially cool because he bought everything in sight. (I'm only 2 months behind there too) LOL

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Thanks for the kind words. I was always lurking here, just never had a lot of time to post. Things have loosened up a bit at the office, allowing some extra time.

Like many I am anxiously awaiting my big Chuck (with a Blackhawks theme). I am only a few miles from Jeff and he has graciously allowed me to pick it up when it is done( **tapping foot**).

I will be sure to post pics when it is done..................

Also awaiting the arrival of a Juice Box for my wife and my eGo just arrived today....the spending never stops.

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Yes you can use the JOYE 510's. You can also use an 801 and 901 with the proper adapter. My little chuck has 510 threads on it and I can use all three. Just read through the chuck thread and you will find all your answers. You can also post in the Chuck help thread and one of the Chuckleheads (that's us Chuck users) will get back to you. Welcome to the group:D

I'm looking forward to the communication. Is the Chuck the same as the VP1 and/or VP2? Maybe they are just the same sort of contraption? Which is better because both are quite expensive compared to me buying the JOYE 510 batteries for 10 bucks a pop.

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
I'm looking forward to the communication. Is the Chuck the same as the VP1 and/or VP2? Maybe they are just the same sort of contraption? Which is better because both are quite expensive compared to me buying the JOYE 510 batteries for 10 bucks a pop.

Not sure about the VP1 or VP2. If the JOYE 510 batteries are the same as the Blucig battery, the Chuck will last longer on a charge simply because the battery is bigger. It looks like the JOYE battery is 180 Mah and the battery for the little chuck is an 18350 at 1200 Mah (rechargeable) . The JOYE 510 is an automatic battery and the Chuck is a manual switch. I have been using my little chuck for about a month and have completely stops smoking analogs. I constantly vape all day and the chuck works great for me. I was a pack and a half a day smoker and I put my Blucig in the desk drawer and I don't touch it. I hope this helps, you might ask some of the other Chuckleheads about the VP1 and VP2 comparison.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Have you seen pictures of the VP1 and VP2 and The Chuck or Little Chuck?

They aren't even remotely the same.
Basically, the size of the battery is what makes the difference.
Bigger battery equals longer battery life.

I can send you links to pictures if you need them.

Although my Chuck is shown below already.......

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY

Dan, you're going to need to do some more research on this if you want to make an educated purchase. You're asking questions that are way too broad for anyone to answer.

The VP1 is in essence a penstyle device. It uses a 10440 battery. The VP2 is slightly bigger but uses the 14500 battery. Both are 3.7 volt devices.

The Chuck is a different animal altogether. Aside from the beautiful graphics that you choose and that Elendil explained earlier in this thread, it is a big battery mod. It operates at 3.7 volts and 6 volts. Where the Chuck can operate all day long @ 3.7V with a wicked 3000 mah battery, the VP1 will only last about 2 hours with a 320-ish mah battery.

You seriously need to narrow your search. Right now you're all over the place. Just sayin'...

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Whoa... If you can kill a 3000 MaH battery in a day. You sir are a vaping force to be reconed with.

LOL

I was skimming over the technicalities, Jeff. Truth be told, I get through a normal day with about 1000 mah burned. The 18650 in one of your Chucks would satisfy my vaping needs and turn the starter in my car a few times in a normal day.

Hey, instead of busting my chops, shouldn't you be, you know, making Chucks? =)

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Dan, you're going to need to do some more research on this if you want to make an educated purchase. You're asking questions that are way too broad for anyone to answer.

The VP1 is in essence a penstyle device. It uses a 10440 battery. The VP2 is slightly bigger but uses the 14500 battery. Both are 3.7 volt devices.

The Chuck is a different animal altogether. Aside from the beautiful graphics that you choose and that Elendil explained earlier in this thread, it is a big battery mod. It operates at 3.7 volts and 6 volts. Where the Chuck can operate all day long @ 3.7V with a wicked 3000 mah battery, the VP1 will only last about 2 hours with a 320-ish mah battery.

You seriously need to narrow your search. Right now you're all over the place. Just sayin'...

Thank you for the information. Obviously it sounds like the chuck provides more battery power which is what one is after in order to produce vapor, all other things constant. Obviously, if you are running low on juice in a cart, everything else is moot. But all things constant, a bigger energy source equals more vape and more throat hit.

I think I am getting it.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Thank you for the information. Obviously it sounds like the chuck provides more battery power which is what one is after in order to produce vapor, all other things constant. Obviously, if you are running low on juice in a cart, everything else is moot. But all things constant, a bigger energy source equals more vape and more throat hit.

I think I am getting it.

You are getting it. But be warned: vaping at 6v is unlike any other vaping experience. I am by no means an expert. The chuck will be my first high volt PV, but I have used a friends, and it requires some effort to do it right. I would liken it to driving a Geo Metro for 10 years and then jumping behind the wheel of a 6 speed ZR1. Both are cars, but the similarity ends there...........

That is another reason to go with the big chuck. You can pick a 3.7 or 6v vape depending on your needs or mood. For that reason alone the chuck makes sense.

Last edited:

NativeTexan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lampasas Texas
You are getting it. But be warned: vaping at 6v is unlike any other vaping experience. I am by no means an expert. The chuck will be my first high volt PV, but I have used a friends, and it requires some effort to do it right. I would liken it to driving a Geo Metro for 10 years and then jumping behind the wheel of a 6 speed ZR1. Both are cars, but the similarity ends there...........

That is another reason to go with the big chuck. You can pick a 3.7 or 6v vape depending on your needs or mood. For that reason alone the chuck makes sense.

Haha, IMO, I would liken it to driving a geo metro with the stock PV and then climbing into a jacked up quad cab dodge with a Cummins diesel and 6 speed at 6v on a Chuck. Come to think of it, vapor production compares to the diesel clouds. :p

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
JMHO
I was a 2 pack plus smoker for 35 years....after 3 heart attacks, triple bypass and complete disability from my vocation of my calling....Dr. said quit or die. Tried it all...everything medical and homeopathic ...eastern and western...to no avail. I found a kiosk with smoking everywhere and cut analogs in half, researched and found 510 manual..(more drag length...more vapor) and quit analogs. That was 6 months ago on the 10th of this month. I still had urges for analogs but fought them. This is where the Chuck comes into the picture...I vape my big chuck at 3.7 volts most times and when the "monkey on my back" scratches at me...I change batts and increase the voltage and the monkey just withers away. I NEED to have the higher voltage to kill the urge to "use" as I am an addict....not just to nicotine, I have learned. I am addicted to the ACT of smoking...the hand to mouth action, the oral fixation, the mouth, throat and lung hit, vapor exhalation and the mere act of holding the analog in hand or on self. I am an addict and I am in a remission thanks to higher voltage devices and the Chuck is my answer. There are other High voltage devices which I own and am happy with, but the switch is "no fuss" and works each and every time. It is reliable and after a learning curve at 6 volts, it is a wonderful device.
To answer the OP....The Chuck is the Answer for analog addiction....JMHO.
Hope this helps

DinosaurVapor

Moved On
Nov 11, 2009
Spokane, WA
JMHO
I was a 2 pack plus smoker for 35 years....after 3 heart attacks, triple bypass and complete disability from my vocation of my calling....Dr. said quit or die. Tried it all...everything medical and homeopathic ...eastern and western...to no avail. I found a kiosk with smoking everywhere and cut analogs in half, researched and found 510 manual..(more drag length...more vapor) and quit analogs. That was 6 months ago on the 10th of this month. I still had urges for analogs but fought them. This is where the Chuck comes into the picture...I vape my big chuck at 3.7 volts most times and when the "monkey on my back" scratches at me...I change batts and increase the voltage and the monkey just withers away. I NEED to have the higher voltage to kill the urge to "use" as I am an addict....not just to nicotine, I have learned. I am addicted to the ACT of smoking...the hand to mouth action, the oral fixation, the mouth, throat and lung hit, vapor exhalation and the mere act of holding the analog in hand or on self. I am an addict and I am in a remission thanks to higher voltage devices and the Chuck is my answer. There are other High voltage devices which I own and am happy with, but the switch is "no fuss" and works each and every time. It is reliable and after a learning curve at 6 volts, it is a wonderful device.
Hope this helps

such a wonderful way to put it bonnie!!!

*puffffffff-pufffffff*

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
JMHO
Hope this helps

Bonnie, leave it to you to properly explain how most of us feel. I LOVE TO SMOKE. The entire smoking experience is one of my life's joys. Cigarettes were killing me, and I had no desire to quit. My wife, family members and friend pleaded and begged me to quit, i.e. "if you loved me, you would quit". I still couldn't do it. The Blucig got me started and the little chuck put the nail in the coffin, so to speak. Thanks to Jeff and his very reliable product I have been able to EASILY stay off of analogs and now the smell of them disgusts me. You will not be disappointed with the chuck.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread