What resistance atomizer for my batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlewing58

Oct 3, 2009
Southern Indiana
I just can't get any use out of my atomizers anymore. The first ones lasted me 3-4 months, now I am getting 3-4 weeks at best. I use the extra long battery from V4Life and they don't seem to know what the OHMs are on it. It appears that there are high low and standard resistance atomizers. I understand the low resistance is for mods with high voltage...what am I doing wrong?:?:

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
no LR are not for high voltage. LR is for lower voltage to simulate a higher voltage. LR burns hotter, so it gives a similar vape as a high voltage mod using a standard res. But yeah, not all batteries can handle the LR. Ego and Riva batteries work fine with a LR, but some others don't. Not sure if the v4life long batts can handle LR. Also with LR, the battery will not last as long between charges. You definitely don't want high res- those are for high voltage units. So best to just stick with standard

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Batts of a minimum of 450mAh should be used with LR Higher are even better. the 2amp draw from an LR Atty will burn up smaller batts very quickly compared to higher mAh Batteries.! V4L Batts are not made for LR and wont last to long unless they are selling stronger batts these days like Ego/Riva batt. I would try to find Attys with a 2.3-2.4ohm rating for V4L Batts they would be more like the right Attys to match there Batts, or just step up to an 1000 mAh Ego Batt kit if you want to have more vapor and run LR Attys

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
about atty longevity, most here find a huge range... depending on how hard you push them, from just days to months.

Not to mention some come DOA... but if i get 2 weeks of constant use out of mine, and it dies, i don't really complain... because i use them hard, chain vaping, and i also have many that last for months.

I try to maximize their life by being careful not to croak them by hitting them with too much voltage... this wont happen with a 3.7 (other than what mwa says about V4life batts). But if you have HV or variable pv, you can pop them if the voltage is too high. (you need higher Ohms for HV power)

I also put them up for cleaning after a week or two of hard use.
I just can't get any use out of my atomizers anymore. The first ones lasted me 3-4 months, now I am getting 3-4 weeks at best. I use the extra long battery from V4Life and they don't seem to know what the OHMs are on it. It appears that there are high low and standard resistance atomizers. I understand the low resistance is for mods with high voltage...what am I doing wrong?:?:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
this is one of the reasons I use Ikens new HV Line of 510's Uke, I'm finding I can run these bad boys from 4.5-7v no problem and there lasting me a long long time, plus there just so dam smooth compared to others, the air flow on them is dam good too. I put these on my VV Mods and turn that dial with no fear at all of smoking the Atty, it also allows me to dial in what the best voltage is for every different juice to maximize vape and flavor combo, I like em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread