Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi mahfuz. The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you will ever own is to start low and work your way up. You'll either hit your sweet spot or it will get too hot or start to taste burnt, in which case you are too high and need to back down. Every one is different and some might enjoy a cool vape as opposed to a warmer one, or a restricted draw or an airy one... Start low and hit it once, then bump it up a watt or two and hit it again. Good luck.

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
I don't think there is any one answer to this. It all comes down to what you like. Some people like a hotter vape, some like a cooler one. Like Sir said, start low and work up until you find the vapor quality that suits you.

A recommendation would also be to play with the PG/VG ratio of your juice. A higher VG ratio will give you more vapor but may sacrifice some of the throat hit. Just something to think about.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I agree with what everyone else has said. It's totally personal preference.

However, I just thought I'd throw out that if you were using a .4ohm atomizer oh a mech mod, the max wattage with a fully-charged battery operating at 4.2V would be about 44W. So you might consider that the upper limit, but even this isn't a hard-and-fast rule with a regulated device. I know plenty of people who push their wattages way past a 4.2V equivalent. It's just a good guideline. Personally, I don't think a lot of tanks work as well as some other heating elements at those way upper limits, but some like it super hot. Once again this is a subjective statement.

I might start around 18-20W-- which is pretty conservative and likely to feel fairly low but who knows your preference-- and go up in .5 or 1W increments from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denvap0r

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I'm not quite certain what you are asking. I have all my mods set to "wattage" and adjust the "wattage" to where I want to vape. In a regulated mod, if you set the wattage, the mod sets the voltage for you and vice versa. So if you are adjusting the "voltage" to change your vape, the mod will be setting the wattage. This is a safety feature in a regulated mod like you have. With "either" you still go through the same motions, start low and take a hit, bump it up a little and take another. If it gets too wwarm or starts to taste burnt, back it down.

Good luck, you'll be fine.

mahfuz ah

Jul 26, 2015
thank
I'm not quite certain what you are asking. I have all my mods set to "wattage" and adjust the "wattage" to where I want to vape. In a regulated mod, if you set the wattage, the mod sets the voltage for you and vice versa. So if you are adjusting the "voltage" to change your vape, the mod will be setting the wattage. This is a safety feature in a regulated mod like you have. With "either" you still go through the same motions, start low and take a hit, bump it up a little and take another. If it gets too wwarm or starts to taste burnt, back it down.

Good luck, you'll be fine.
s

Thanks everybody for the quick reply and getting things straight with me, hopefully these tips will allow to have a better experience
:)

It sounds to me like you got a lot of good help here. The key really is to start off low and work your way up untill either your vape gets too hot or loses flavor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread