Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Def want VV/VW. I use atomizers, as I am still kind of unsure what "dripping" is

Using atomizers have nothing to do with VV/VW. I have four bottom-feeder box mods, all unregulated. Atomizers are all I use on them.

You might want to consider an MVP.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Damn that looks super difficult to get used to (the buttons and whatnot)

Not a bit. I am a 71 year old grandma and not techy at all. I looked in the forums and found a suggested good setting for the watts, and paid no attention to the volts. The on/fire button near the top is super easy to push with the pad of your thumb whilst you are holding it.

I think some of these devices are like computers - just because it can do 9 million things, doesn't mean you have to use all those features.

The setting that I use gives me great flavor and vapor with all my toppers and all my juices, so that's all I care about. I will probably use the same one 99% of the time. I am not terribly adventuresome. I just want it to taste good and work.:)

I actually think it is a little more convenient to use than the round egos I have. I was always turning them around in my fingers, looking for the button to press. This button is just right there under your thumb when you hold the MVP.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
sorry to hijack the thread but... does anyone manufacture a "box mod" that has the shape of a flask? With a little curve to it so when in your pocket it forms to your leg/body better?

No one is making it now, but you might get lucky with a "want to buy" in the classifieds for a Tekk Mod.

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Homemade :D

20131025_144524.jpg

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
No one is making it now, but you might get lucky with a "want to buy" in the classifieds for a Tekk Mod.
That was a great mod.Sad that they quit making them.Now days you can get a box with less power and shorter battery life for about twice to 3 times as much money.I once paid $150+ for a box that used only 1 18650 had no vv and I had to squeeze the built in bottle to get juice to the atty.Luckily I was able to trade it away a couple of days later.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Another vote for REO. Might not be what you're looking for now, and a MVP might be a better choice, but one day, you may find yourself in REOville.

Depends on what's important to you. For me, no matter the device, flavor that it delivered was my priority. I now have 4 REO's. My Provari doesn't get much love any more, because I am sick of looking for toppers that deliver the flavor of my REO's, consistently. I have two KFL+ clones and no matter how I build the coil (low or high on the deck) or how I wick it (sparingly or not), I get dry hits. And frankly, I'm tired of fiddling with them, with no reward.

Not a carto girl, and not interested in investing in more toppers when I know the REO works flawlessly for me. I'd rather save money and buy more REO's.

But if you're considering a Provari, rather than a box mod, it's a great device as well.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
The guy asks about VV box mods and people suggest a Reo. As far as I know the Reo VV is sold out and discontinued.

Since you're new, I would look at the MVP due to the price point. Find out if you really like box mods and go from there. There are a ton of good box mods out there with new ones on the market every week.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The guy asks about VV box mods and people suggest a Reo. As far as I know the Reo VV is sold out and discontinued.

REO is often temporarily sold out of this that or the other model. Discontinued? Can you share a link? That's the first I've heard of it being discontinued. That would indeed be a disappointment.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
REO is often temporarily sold out of this that or the other model. Discontinued? Can you share a link? That's the first I've heard of it being discontinued. That would indeed be a disappointment.

It is true, and Rob's statement is buried somewhere in the "It's Woodvil Time" thread. He doesn't want to depend on another manufacturer's chip, something that he can't quality control himself, from what I understand.

And the guy didn't ask for VV/VW in his inital post, only later.

VV/VW is great, and that's why I stated that he's probably not in a place right now where REO is what he wants/needs, but I bet he'll consider it later on down the road.

MVP or a DNA box mod, depending on his budget sounds like what best fits his needs now.

And of course REO's are recommended. Those of us who spend money chasing taste on the MVP (I personally hated it and promptly sold it) and other devices before landing on REO's know the "oh.....WOW" factor when we took our first REO vape and knew that the mod chasing had ended for us (other than acquiring more REO's).

Mantis4343

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Glasgow, Ky, USA
I ended picking up a e-Lvt box mod and i also have the MVP 2.0 and out of both of these im liking my e-Lvt a litte better simply that it seems like i can get better airflow and hits than the mvp. Downside is, its about 40 bucks more with no tank. But you can change the battery in it.

E-LVT – GREY – BATTERY INCLUDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread