Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
It is true, and Rob's statement is buried somewhere in the "It's Woodvil Time" thread. He doesn't want to depend on another manufacturer's chip, something that he can't quality control himself, from what I understand.

That's unfortunate. - Not entirely surprising considering my own experience with notcigs, but really unfortunate.

Well, at least Grands are kickable and the new kicks aren't nearly as inefficient as the old ones.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
New here so don't scold me too much for the questions but I'm confused about the Reos and devices like them. I hear them being called box mods, not sure what else they could be called, but seems to me if you go that route you are married to one juice and either a carto or atty period. I've heard people talk about "all day vapes" and to me that means one you could vape all day if you didn't have a choice or one you know you can vape any time of day and get satifaction but I personally like to change tanks often to use different juices as my mood strikes me.

I have had frustration lately with messing with differnet tanks, builds on RDAs, juices, etc and have wondered if maybe I need to narrow the field, is that how you all seemed to end up with the Reos? Quit messing with stuff and just get a solid device that does one thing really well? I can see how that would work but concerned about limiting options.

Thoughts? (fire away...lol).

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I'm kind of torn between a vapor shark and a hana mods v3. I like the size of the vs but the appearance/quality of the hana. I've kind of decided that internal lipo battery is the way to go with DNA 30. The price is what keeps me from jumping in.

I have an altoids box and most of the parts needed for a simple 18650 mod . . I keep telling myself I'll build that and then order a dna chip and try to build one. We'll see. I'll probably end up with a vapor shark at some point, lol.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
New here so don't scold me too much for the questions but I'm confused about the Reos and devices like them. I hear them being called box mods, not sure what else they could be called, but seems to me if you go that route you are married to one juice and either a carto or atty period. I've heard people talk about "all day vapes" and to me that means one you could vape all day if you didn't have a choice or one you know you can vape any time of day and get satifaction but I personally like to change tanks often to use different juices as my mood strikes me.

I have had frustration lately with messing with differnet tanks, builds on RDAs, juices, etc and have wondered if maybe I need to narrow the field, is that how you all seemed to end up with the Reos? Quit messing with stuff and just get a solid device that does one thing really well? I can see how that would work but concerned about limiting options.

For me, yes. I can change the voltage in my mechanical REO's by changing the resistance of my coils, but I find that I'm happiest when I'm between 1 and 1.25 ohms for my coils, and then the coil can easily last me a month, just changing out the cotton wick when I change flavors (dry burn the coil before inserting new cotton wick).

As for changing flavors, I prefer the Mini REO's because they hold 3 mls of juice, and I like to change flavors more frequently than the Grand's juice bottle of 6mls. But even then, you can carry extra 3 or 6 ml bottles with different juices and simply remove and cap the one you were using and add the new flavor, change out the cotton wick and you've changed juices.

I have four mini's with four different juices, so at home, I just rotate REO's. I carry two to work every day, so I can rotate two juices while at work.

You can find some really good deals in the classifieds here (need to get verified to view them - I'd go ahead and do that, if you think you'd ever be interested in buying or selling here).

You also do not have to use a rebuildable atomizer on the REO's, you can use cartomizers or atomizers, which Rob sells also on reosmods.com.

Hope that helps!

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Thanks for the explanation, I guess I have been misunderstanding at least partly. Looking at the Reo and a few of the other links they looked to me like you had a juice bottle in the unit and then either a carto or addy for the coil and that was it. Like I said, I'm new to vaping so have an assortment of RDA, various tanks, carto tanks, and dripping attys but didn't know there was such a thing as a rebuidable atty. Have to look into that.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas

For me, yes this is why I moved to a Reo. I got sick of stupid tanks & just wanted something that worked consistently all the time the way I like to vape. I LIKE to use RDAs so the Reo was the way to go for me. As far as wanting to change flavors, yes I do get that & that's one of the reasons I plan to get another bottom feeder as soon as it's ready. I like being able to change juices throughout the day, but have gotten to the point where I don't care about changing them that often throughout the day. So changing between 2 juices is fine for me and having a dripper available to drip something I won't put in a tank works out nicely. I have a small tank in this reo (it's a mini) so I switch between 2 different tobaccos when I refill & then the other will have something like a bakery flavor of some sort. And I usually use a nonbottom fed dripper for juices that either gunk up coils fast or are strong tasting & I wouldn't be good for a full tank for me.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Hmmm...interesting. So, are there good rebuildable attys that you squonk fill from the bottom via the onboard juice bottle? This device looks really simple, no idea why I'm so confused...lol.

Yes there is a list if you go to the Reo subforum & find it. Then there is also the low profile Reo now which is basically made to be used with larger RDAs people mod to work with a bottom feeder (rather than using the 510 extension mentioned above. You need to use that with the regular Reo but wouldn't with the low profile one). So if you are one who's skilled in modding your RDAs & they are good candidates for converting you can change them to bottom fed RDAs & use them with that device.

Here's the link for that. This list is actually longer than what you see in the beginning though as people throughout the thread have others they've also modded. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/377836-reo-compatible-rbas.html

Last edited:

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
Last edited:

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Thanks to all for the advice, I'll check the list of rebuildables and see what I can figure out.

This will conclude todays lesson in thread hijacking...lol

Be sure to drop into the Reo forum too, and fire away with questions. A very friendly bunch, though we're about to all turn on each other this Friday night at 7:00 pm when Rob turns on the Woodvil sale. Imagine the internet version of Walmart on Black Friday. :D

Reos Mods

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
I'm kind of torn between a vapor shark and a hana mods v3. I like the size of the vs but the appearance/quality of the hana. I've kind of decided that internal lipo battery is the way to go with DNA 30. The price is what keeps me from jumping in.

I have an altoids box and most of the parts needed for a simple 18650 mod . . I keep telling myselfy I'll build that and then order a dna chip and try to build one. We'll see. I'll probably end up with a vapor shark at some point, lol.
Build it you won't be sorry.2 18650'S will fit so you'll have tons of replaceable battery life and enough power to fire any atty you screw into it.The best part is you can probably build it for about $70.and it will be all yours.
If you stick the more powerful okr-t chip in it,you can probably build it for about $40.

Txhd01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2014
Montgomery, TX
I feel like I would like a box mod better. Harder to lose (big priority for me) and easier in the pocket. What's your favorite?

Love my VTR!! Some say it's too heavy, but the weight is what I like about it, along with the adjusting wheel, and with the iClear 30S or any tank that fits without the ext tube it's short and pocket friendly. I run a Panasonic 18650 2900mAh in mine and chain vaping at 11w it lasts me 17-18hrs.

Keep Calm and Vape On

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
If I get the VTR, will I have to use the adapter to make my Nautilus fit? If so that thing is going to be freaking huge.

The biggest diameter topper that fits without the adapter is 19 in. So if it's @ or smaller than that it will fit. Otherwise you have to use the adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread