whats the need in all the other chemicals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I tried to look into the implications of inhaling flavourings but didn't get very far. This is as much as I found out - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...oking/2666-inhaling-flavouring-chemicals.html

I'd really like to buy nicotine diluted with propylene glycol or glycerine and nothing else so I could be sure of what I'm inhaling. There are lots of unpronounceable additives in commercial eliquid. If there are going to be flavourings added I'd rather choose them myself.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
thats exactly what i was thinking, i just don't know how to source my own nic

Not sure what the UK is like, but to source a material like liquid nicotine here in the USA, you need some sort of pharmecuetical license. Plus, not sure if you personally want to *work* with liquid nic. Talk about a deadly substance !!! :cry:

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
Personally I have to admit I don't want to slander the ecig publically. But have you guys ever tried using the SANDA filter crystal system on an ecig? Its a type of filter meant to filter out things from regular cigs. Anyhow I use it on ecigs and I have to tell you guys, I wont tell you what brands I tried it on, but of the ones I have tried I have to tell you the filter came out filthy with all the brands. Not tar filthy no, but a disgusting brown coating. Its true this is water vapor. But I am sorry to tell you guys we are still coating our lungs in something. If you want I can publish a photo of the filter for you guys.

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
Okay here is a photo of a filter I used on my ecig with a leading supplier of ejuice. To the right is the package of clean SANDA filters, to the left from top to bottom you see an old Nicotrol inhaler (as a joke), under that you see a fresh SANDA filter, and then below that is the Sanda Filter I exhaled about 600 times into from an ecig.

Attachments

• color.jpg
    color.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 81

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
I haven't had a regular cig in 3 1/2 months! He he he I get you guys want a control. I am quite certain exhales of regular air into the filter will bring a clear result. I will get to it later though so you guys will feel more contented. Oh do keep in mind the filter suggests it blocks out nicotine as well, so this could be the residual color of nicotine perhaps? I use a medium nicotine level liquid.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Also, to me it makes sense that if you're vapourising a dark yellow coloured liquid, the vapour will thus be a dark yellow colour like your results show.

Perhaps a filter built into the e-device will be the next step... although I would personally like to see a back to basics approach to these liquids - I'm sure the additional properties/additives (whilst making a certain flavour more interesting), are totally unnecessary for the delivery of nicotine, so it really depends on your priorities.

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
Okay control completed. To the right you see the sanda filters box. To the left from top to bottom is: Top is the Filter I Exhaled 600 times of ecig vapor into from a major supplier of ecig juice. The middle filter is a unused sanda filter, and the bottom one is one where I just exhaled from my lungs into with no vapor. The control does appear to have a whole lot of water vapor, but it is basically crystal clear otherwise.

Attachments

• color2.jpg
    color2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread