What's Up With My New Aspire BVC Coils ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

72turbo74

Feb 12, 2014
Missouri
I just bought 40 new BVC coils after hearing all the great reviews on them. I have an Aspire on a Provari and another on a home built DNA-30 box mod. Both of them with the old style coils were great but with the BVC's spit and spatter up the mouthpiece. I'm using a 50/50 liquid at 4 volts on the ProVari and about 4.2 volts on my box mod. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to stay positive about these new coils but so far I'm not digging them. I have tried to adjust wattage up and down and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this just the nature of these new coils. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I have not had that experience. I have only used them in a billet box with a billet bridge and once in an anyvape mini davide.

I did find that they took forever to prime on the first one. I fill them up with juice and let them sit for an hour before putting them in something now.

d.g.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2014
Houston, TX
So bear with me while I try to think a reason...

For a coil to spit juice, there should be either one of these things;

1- wicking material is not enough or good.
2- Unnecessary high voltage
3- Pressure problems

Now since you said voltage is not the problem and since I know that wicking is pretty good with this coil, only thing left is pressure.

So check these things;

Do not overscrew the coil. Stop screwing it the moment you it requires for you to put additional force.
Do not overscrew the base - you should easily unscrew it if needed.
Sometimes while you try to screw the base, the top of the tank unscrews itself a little bit - check that is not case.

I am assuming the coils are geniune, the voltage is right, you do not overdraw, and you primed the coil for about 30 min.

72turbo74

Feb 12, 2014
Missouri
Yes. I usually tend to vape at lower wattages. I have had the Nautilus for almost a year with no issues beside the coils going to hell with juice that's heavy on the VG. I treat my equipment very well and don't over tighten the coils. I have tried three coils and they all do the same thing. Very strange. They are genuine coils with the scratch off. Does anyone know if heavy VG juices will kill these as easy as the dual coil units? Maybe the juice I have is too thin. Thanks for the input.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
I use 50/50 juice in mine. I've been using them since August. The original boxes I purchased were flawless. Recently I have hit a run of poor quality. Maybe 4 or so.
High VG will kill these coils sooner. Sounds to me like you have a bad batch or a pressure problem.
I have 5 in rotation and use 3 different tanks daily. Pushing 3 mls of juice per tank daily.
Start them off low and bring the voltage up slowly over time.
Keep in mind these are production coils.
Some will slip through the cracks. Not like anyone is in China watching the QC.

Sent from my iPhone

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Actually Aspire is recommending mixes of <50% VG with their BVC coils. With their 1.8ohm coils, run the voltage between 4.2 - 5.0 V, but no more than 15W of power.

The last question is, are you sure you have authentic Aspire coils? There are crappy clone BVC coils out there now, and they are HORRIBLE. They look like the real ones (packaging and product) but just don't perform like the real coils. Even brick and mortar stores are getting caught with crappy clones.

72turbo74

Feb 12, 2014
Missouri
I usually vape around 4.5 volts with 30-60% VG. The coils I got have the scratch off bar code number or what ever it is. I think it may have just been the juice I was using. I changed fluids and it seems to work better and the flavor is WAY WAY better than with the old style coils. Maybe I'll mix up some of my every day stuff with a little more VG and see where that gets me.

maraud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
I've run into this problem too, but not on my Provari. the iStick spits, but I surmise it's because the signal from the istick isn't flat so it actually pulses much higher than the 4V I have it set to. Which tank are you using it in? Mine works fine in the full size vivi, but I do have to drop the voltage to <4 when installed on the ET-S.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I just bought 40 new BVC coils after hearing all the great reviews on them. I have an Aspire on a Provari and another on a home built DNA-30 box mod. Both of them with the old style coils were great but with the BVC's spit and spatter up the mouthpiece. I'm using a 50/50 liquid at 4 volts on the ProVari and about 4.2 volts on my box mod. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to stay positive about these new coils but so far I'm not digging them. I have tried to adjust wattage up and down and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this just the nature of these new coils. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not having a spitting problem. Mostly because they seem to have designed them with wicks that won't allow liquid in.

I'm very disappointed. I heard so many people talk about their Nautilus, how much they liked it. And I like the look of the "Hollowed Out Stainless" version. So I ordered a Nautilus, plus the hollowed out tank, plus a 5-pack of atomizers.

Initially, it was great. I was happy with the flavor, the vape, the air control, etc. Loved the way it looked. That was fine for the first four days or so.

Then the atomizer started getting gunked up, and I replaced it. From there out, it's been useless. I've already used up all but one of the atomizers in my 5 pack. They don't wick. I get that "dry hit, you're killing yourself" flavor every time I try to use it.

I can't imagine how these could have been popular. They suck. So I've spent $50 on something that doesn't do me a bit of good. Even to try and make it work, I'd have to go and throw more money into it to buy more atomizers, since I've already tried and tossed most of what I bought the first time.

I'm vaping on a Provari, and I'm back to using a Kanger PTII with the air-control base. I was hoping to move up a step, but so far, this Nautilus thing just looks like a very pretty piece of useless crap.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I also have encountered a lot of problems with flooding, spitting, etc.

I did a bunch of controlled experiments and took notes trying to figure it out. I eventually just went back to my rebuildables. They seem to have better flavor for me anyway.

I just see the Nautilus as being finicky.

Maybe I will try them again, but I have gone through a FEW coils.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I've only had one BVC coil, it came with the CE5S i bought to try. I bought two from my local shop and once came with a BVC and the other with a BDC. The BVC didn't spit up the mouthpiece but lots of juice escaped into there and I couldn't get through more than half a tank. So i tossed it and am now using the old BDC ones that i bought a 5 pack of. Works pretty good I must say.

GeorgeF

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Taunton, MA, USA
I have used the Nautilus with the BDC it came with. Worked good the first 2 tank fulls. Then I switched to the BVC. Better vapor and flavor. I did have the gurgle and no spitting. From what I can tell if you don't prime it just right, you get the gurgle and end up with juice up the chimney. I am using the hollowed out tank all the time, It is my all day vape rig.
It is on a Vamo V5 set to 13w. Sometimes it does gurgle. But, an easy fix is to just twist a tissue and wick out the extra juice with the drip tip removed and down the chimney.
I have to say I prefer the vape I get from the BVC. Minor problems aside this is the best tank/coil set-up by far that I have found.
I also bought an Aspire K1 with the BVC, which is different from the Nautilus BVC. But, it works the same without adjustable airflow,

For priming the Nautilus I have found that if you close the air holes when putting it back together no air can enter and you create a vacuum, which is how the tank works best, you get no gurgle. Once it is back together turn it upright then open the air hole. With a new coil, let it sit for a few minutes before using.

Reactions: DonnaVapes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread