Not open for further replies.

Countrypami

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Hello :)

I am so annoyed right now!! :mad:
Anyone else have issues with the 510/Ego USB chargers breaking after a week or so??

1290800-3-thumb_zps1f48d529.jpg

I've had the worst luck with these things, and I'm NOT rough on them. :confused:
I've gotten them from 3 different places and they all have quit working with 2 weeks... that's a lot of $$ going into the trash. :ohmy:

Is there a better quality Ego charger out there somewhere?? :confused:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Chargers were awful because of poor personnel management under AJ Smith and poor coaching by Norv Turner, a known team breaker.

2013 may be a turning point.

Seriously, get quality equipment and pay the premium.

Discount Vapers doesn't sell junk.

eGo USB Rapid Charger - 450mAh

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Usually this is from over-tightening. You can remove the screws and resolder the connections. Or, use a Passthru- I do and like leaving my carto tanks on for weeks.

joyetech makes some with their name on them, but I don't know if they're higher quality or not. Later today I will try to track down the rebuilding info and post here.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    Usually this is from over-tightening. You can remove the screws and resolder the connections. Or, use a Passthru- I do and like leaving my carto tanks on for weeks.

Joyetech makes some with their name on them, but I don't know if they're higher quality or not. Later today I will try to track down the rebuilding info and post here.

Good point. Screw it in until the button light flashes and/or the charger light changes to red, and you're good to go.

No need to tighten any further.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    Actually, the OP has a point. China is pushing out a ton of eGo chargers. I've seen issues where you have to screw in your Twist or your eGo batteries and then push the button in order for the charging to occur. Shoddy, mass-produced Chinese junk. However, the other repliers are correct, as well. Over-tightening will ruin them more quickly.

The "genuine" Joyetech chargers do seem to function better. Quality control issue, I'm assuming. And we can all assume what QC means in China.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    Are you buying Joytech chargers from a authorized dealer? If not theirs your problem. IMO never skimp on batteries or chargers.

If you are buying Joytech Then I would look at everything else most times but not always when something fails over and over for me and not everyone else Im doing something wrong.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I've had 4 of these puppies and have not had an issue with any of them. Gave away 2 with starter kits for family members. If it's happening to you so often, maybe you are unknowingly doing something wrong ... as already mentioned over-tightening is a problem with these as well as your PV's. Always only tighten until you have electrical contact and then another 45 degrees.

The best of these probably comes from Joye.

Best of luck with it.

Penn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2013
    In the wilderness

twiggums

May 21, 2013
    US
    if you've gone through 3 seperate chargers from 3 seperate places you likely need to look elsewhere for the issue. what's the common denominator? are they all on the same power converter? did they all die changing the same battery? the odds of 3 chargers from 3 different places all going dead for no good reason other than bad QC are relatively slim. It can happen. But i'd be looking elsewhere for the issue.

Claudia P

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2013
    Dayton, TN, USA
    I had one of them go bad after a couple of weeks, it started taking like 10 hours to charge. I emailed MVS where I had gotten it and they asked me to try a different wall adapter, which I did and it was working beautifully again. They quickly sent me a new wall adapter and all is well.
    Not saying that is your problem just throwing out another possibility.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread