When should I change my Triton Tank Coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
You should be able to tell a difference in vapor production when the time to change the coils comes. You'll start out with really good vapor and it'll end up tapering off quite a bit due to build up on the coils. I've had some coils last me as long as a few weeks, others just a few days; it all depends on the juice you vape.

Darker juice tend to shorten the life span, while lighter juices don't have as much of an effect and allow you to vape longer. Burnt taste doesn't always mean it's time to change the coil or head; you could just be running dry from vaping too much too fast.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Hello. Also be aware that your starter kit came with the 2.2-2.4 ohm heads, so those 2.6-2.8 ohm coils will taste/feel different, might produce less vapor and will most likely be a cooler vape than the standard 2.2 coil heads.

If you're not changing flavors, it's best to rinse the tanks out ever 2 or 3 fills just to keep everything clean. Simply unscrewing the coil assembly and running all parts under hot water usually does the trick.

Once you reach your 5th post, you can post in the HALO subforum -- but you can read through it now, at your leisure. Halo

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I mainly use protanks, T3's (rarely) and iClear's and I must say that with protanks I usually start getting the burnt tast after a week or two though sometimes sooner. Thats when i rebuild my coil.

With the iClear tanks I can get anywhere from 2-3 months before I need to change out the coils. I don't know why they last me so long but they do. I have one that i just changed and it lasted about 2 months. The other one I have has been going for 4 months and is just recently starting to produce less vapor and taste off.

I can't tell you how happy I have been with the dual coil iclear 30's I own.

My other favorite tank is the RSST and it too has lasted months. This is a metal wick though and beefier coil so that explains why it lasts so long and it doesn't get tons of use. Just occasional usage when i want a wonderful vape at home.

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
My wife uses very dark tobacco flavors...she gets 4-5 days at approx 5 mil per day. It's very hard to clean hers even with vodka.

I use unflavored and I get over a week. Mine are easy to clean and burn off for reuse.

Also, Triton tanks are essentially Kanger T2s with a slightly different base. T2s will work on a Triton battery and the replacement heads are the same. I get my heads at either litecigusa.com or Mt Baker Vapor for about 1/2 the price of Halo...but they are short wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread