Where to find varieties in flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
So I'm recently back into vaping, and it for sure has helped me kick tobacco entirely, but I'm already starting to get bored by the typical flavors that are monopolizing every vendor I've seen. Everything's either fruit, dessert, or tobacco melds, and there are times where I'm just tired of vaping things that are all fundamentally flavors that could be used in candy, even when the juice itself isn't that sweet.

Given that I've still got smoker's nose and a muted sense of smell/taste—plus some juice that is itself weak flavored because I didn't add flavor boosts for a higher vg when I should have—I can only imagine the situation getting worse the longer I go on.

So where can I find vendors/manufacturers who are more willing to work with flavor categories that break that mold?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So I'm recently back into vaping, and it for sure has helped me kick tobacco entirely, but I'm already starting to get bored by the typical flavors that are monopolizing every vendor I've seen. Everything's either fruit, dessert, or tobacco melds, and there are times where I'm just tired of vaping things that are all fundamentally flavors that could be used in candy, even when the juice itself isn't that sweet.

Given that I've still got smoker's nose and a muted sense of smell/taste—plus some juice that is itself weak flavored because I didn't add flavor boosts for a higher vg when I should have—I can only imagine the situation getting worse the longer I go on.

So where can I find vendors/manufacturers who are more willing to work with flavor categories that break that mold?
Hi and Welcome,
Do you have a "for example"?
Do you want bacon and eggs e-juice? What brands have you tried?

cheers
I

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
haha no, probably not as experimental as a full english breakfast flavor or anything. I don't really know what I'd list as an example, I just know what I'm already tired of, and it's anything that falls under the fruit/dessert/tobacco monopoly. Brands wise obviously I haven't tried a ton since I'm only a month into it, vape wild, mt baker, Mountain Oaks, plus a handful of gourmets from other vendors. But it's the fact that I can't even find flavors types that break outside that triad in other stores that made me post this.

I guess what I'm hoping for is that there's someone out there who's known for getting experimental with their flavors that I don't know about. And in that regard I guess I do want to know if there's a guy making a bacon and eggs flavor haha, since it's likely he's also experimenting with other things that I might find interesting.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Feel like Pizza? Pork Rinds? Lavender? Cucumber? Dill Pickle? Macadamia Nut? Hazelnut? Toasted Almond? Waffle?

All this and more can be found under the Everything Else section at Slim's E-Juice. And if you don't geek out on those, he's got another 440 flavors for you to try elsewhere on the menu.

You can look over the boozes, coffees, teas and stuff (like Horchata) on the Drinks menu too. I'd venture to say Slim has a few things less-than-ordinary in every section of his menu, even those categories you might be tired of. Tip: If you look at the "Slim's Signature E-Juice" section, switch to List view so you can look at the start of the descriptions without having to open the item's sub-page.

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Oh, great. The nuts I classify under dessert in my own mind, but the rest of that stuff is definitely on the right track, thanks!

Actually, while I'm on it, are there recommendations for good tea manufacturers? I've got chai from mountain oaks and...I forget the other gourmet right now, and they're alright, but super strong and too spicy. I could definitely see myself having fun with someone who experiments with other tea types in general.

*edit* also, now that I've got the neurons firing thinking of what I might like, how about someone who plays with asian profiles? Maybe my problem isn't desserts as a category, it's getting bored with western desserts. I could see myself going for something like mochi flavors, or nice red bean bun profiles, things like that.

Also in the way of experimentation, how about someone who plays with herbs? a nice basil-based juice? or a good parsley or something like that? maybe a rosemary blend?

Last edited:

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Now that I've started specifically looking for it I'm finding more tea flavors, at least. This looks like a good collection of various kinds, though I don't know much about the company. Tea

Yes, Ahlusion is quite popular and known for their teas. Another one in that vein is Alice in Vapeland. I'm pretty strict with myself when it comes to the price of e-liquid, so I can't claim any experience with either of these vendors, though. There's a recent thread about Ahlusion on page 2 (started by GlacierBabe) that you might find informative.

Reactions: tedigram

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Ohhh yeah they've got some nice teas and a whole asian flavor line. Everything else looks kinda pretty standard fruit/dessert/tobacco, but they do some fun experimenting, like a tobacco flavor that includes cucumber, though I'm not much into tobacco flavors. Think I'll definitely keep that one in mind anyhow.

And I'm glad Ahlusion is known, they'll go on my list too. I've had Alice in Vapeland bookmarked for a while but their flavors seemed very dessert oriented at first glance so I hadn't dived very deep, I'll for sure take a closer look now.

I've had a go trying to find places doing fun things with herbs, and no luck there. A couple no-name sketchy looking places (like geocities quality sites) doing rosemary, but it was like a straight up 100% rosemary flavor which is not really what I had in mind heh.

Anyhow good at least I have a few more choices then! Though I'm holding out hope for finding something just completely outside the box that also sounds appealing to me. Pizza is for sure outside the box (*rimshot*) but fails the "sounds appealing to vape" test ha

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn

Oh nice. As a rule I don't like floral tastes in anything, but some of those botanicals are looking interesting just the same, and the teas look great...nice.

Organic Herbal eLiquids | HOLI SMOKES

These are neat, you could always add a little concentrated nic base. Love the idea here.

Oh heck yeah, those are really interesting...got a peppermint nutmeg and lime mix that looks real neat. Awesome, thanks everyone.

Reactions: issy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread