Where to go next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbiz79

Feb 8, 2013
Hornell, NY
I am currently vaping a vamo with vivi novas, an agr carto tank (boge cartos) and a udct tank. They are enjoyable but have their negatives. I am very hesitant about rba's. I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassles and time necessary to tackle the learning curve. I do think I would be capable of doing so. Is there something else? I had horrible luck with a Kanger MT3 and I am wary of trying bcc's again but if their is something reliable, I'm not opposed to giving it another shot.

Please recommend what you think I should try next? If rebuildables are the only way to achieve a better tape, I think I would tend to lean towards something I could use a silica wick on. I do want a tank that holds at least 3ml of e liquid for times I am away from home. I go through approximately 5 ml a day and I prefer not to have to continuously refill my device while at work.

I truly wish their was a place to try out rba's before diving in. I live in a rural area with no brick and mortar shops closer than 2 hours away.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Oh, and in answer of where to go next, there's always somewhere else to explore in vaping. That's what is so awesome about it. But you don't have to spend a fortune to enjoy it. I've been also learning and working on Igo-l's and a genesis imitation, which I'm not too good at yet. Lol. Then there is DIY'ing juice. What fun. It's never ending.

Natey

Moved On
May 26, 2013
Many of us vets prefer carto tanks because they provide a much less airy draw, provide warmer vapor and I believe fuller vapor. Plus they are more consistent, in my experience. I use a 5ml Phiniac glass tank with a 3-hole carto. Attys are overall still the best for flavor and hit, but much more work and hassle, IMO.

Im going to have to agree, Tanks are great for all day on the go, but when i have time, even while driving our at home, Dripping is the best, i personally love the bridge less Atty because they are easy to clean and you don't have any filler to burn.... Just pure flavor and awesome Vapor...

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
My vote is for: learn to rebuild. The learning curve really isn't that bad. I'd wager that if you think you can do it (which you can), it'll be easy.

Other than that, you've got the making of great vaping already. From here, things get more expensive than better, IMO. Past this, you're mostly buying quality. The biggest jumps in flavor/vape quality for you--again IMO--are gonna be rebuildables, and then different wicks.

After that, it's time to go on the Great Juice Hunt, and find that one juice that makes you all tingly inside.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Many of us vets prefer carto tanks because they provide a much less airy draw, provide warmer vapor and I believe fuller vapor. Plus they are more consistent, in my experience. I use a 5ml Phiniac glass tank with a 3-hole carto. Attys are overall still the best for flavor and hit, but much more work and hassle, IMO.

I agree with this for the most part- that is if you want to stay with the traditional tube mod and a tank. If you want to try something different and IMHO far better then look into a Reo. I'm using a Reo Grand right now with a $7 RBA on top. The design and function of a bottom feeder is the most elegant and practical solution to vaping that I've seen yet. It holds 6ml of juice internally and NEVER leaks. You get the consistency of a carto tank, but with the flavor of dripping. The best most hassle free all day vape I've had yet. It uses regular cartos and dripping attys if you don't want to dip your toe into the rebuildable world yet.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper.

I am kind of in the same boat, I 'rebuild' my vivi novas, EVOD and CE5 heads now but I am ready for the next step. I was thinking something like an RSST or maybe a bulldog, but I may try the HH357 linked above first as you get all the flavor of a RBA/RDA but none of the hassle - well some of the hassle, but you know what I mean.

Carto tanks are another thing that I haven't tried, so that might be something else to feel a complete noob about in my near future.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper.

I am kind of in the same boat, I 'rebuild' my vivi novas, EVOD and CE5 heads now but I am ready for the next step. I was thinking something like an RSST or maybe a bulldog, but I may try the HH357 linked above first as you get all the flavor of a RBA/RDA but none of the hassle - well some of the hassle, but you know what I mean...

Another thing that will work hassle free on a Reo. ;)

Mbiz79

Feb 8, 2013
Hornell, NY
The reo sounds interesting but a but pricey. The hh 357 has been on my radar and if I come into some, an amp tank would be a nice combo. The carto tanks have been decent for me, but I live the vapor production of the nova. I wish I could combine the two technologies. I'm going to give dripping a shot at some point but it doesn't really serve my on the go needs. Thanks for all of your suggestions. I guess I'll try to figure out which rba I can try with silica that isn't too tricky and won't break the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread