Which RDA Clone should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
I am looking to purchase a new rda Clone. I am currently using a Quasar clone most of the day and I like it because it produces nice flavor with a 0.42 build on it. I am experienced with Ohm's Law and rebuilding but I would like other opinions and suggestions about which rda I should get next.

My four options I am considering are:

-Tugboat Clone
-454 Big Block Clone
-Plume Veil Clone
-Magma Clone

Which one would you suggest for the best flavor and a good vapor production. Flavor being a bigger deciding factor by just a little.

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Don't have the clones, but per your list, my favorites RDAs, at the moment, are the Magma and 454 BB.

The Plume Veil is good. However, I prefer the 454 BB over the PV.

I have no experience with the Tugboat. I have heard good things about it.

Eta: I did have an Infinite Magma clone up until a week ago. The negative post fell out. I wanted a 2nd Magma and had read excellent reviews about the Infinite unit. It was indeed an excellent RDA. For about $90.00 less, it was a deal. It performed no differently than my Magma from Paradigm.

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I was thinking about the Magma too.. hmm I may have to do that, it just looks a little funky to me. But I can get over that if the flavor is as good as everyone is saying.

I run my Magma at 1.5 ohms (single coil) on a VS rDNA. It's amazing the amount of flavor I get.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
My 2 favs are the magma at 1.2 ohms and the veritas {harder to build on} at .9 ohms. Both are great flavor producers and they don't leak! Another factor I really like.

I agree. The Veritas is a stellar RDA. I run a single horizontal coil on mine. It's very car friendly in a car cup mod holder.

smgrundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.vaporality.com
-Tugboat Clone
-454 Big Block Clone
-Plume Veil Clone
-Magma Clone

Personally, I love tha .4 - .6 mark and I've really enjoyed every atty on your list (except the 454 - don't have that one).

- The Tugboat I have is an authentic, but it's a great vape. It tends to leak a bit more than some other RDA's I've used, but it's a great choice.
- Plume Veil I have is also an authentic. Mainly because I was sketchy about getting a clone with a gold plated deck. It's one of the best attys on the market for flavor IMO.
- I have the magma clone by Infinite. Great quality and killer flavor, but can be a bit of a bear to drip as you have to screw the top off (I don't like dripping through the drip tip).

Some others that i am really enjoying right now:
- Vulcan authentic - great vape, great flavor.
- Tobh 2.5 clone - works well but not my favorite.
- Mutation x - Love this RDA. Airflow is super-open at max, but you can adjust it really easily. Great looking too.
- Origen v2 clone - great flavor atty
- Quasar authentic - great all-around atty.
- Zenith v2 authentic - love the deck - easy to work with.

All of them are really good and each have their pros/cons. I'd say for flavor, it's hard to beat the plume veil or the magma, but honestly the vulcan is giving them both a run for their money. The biggest con about the vulcan is the height. It's a little on the tall side....

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
smgrundy thank you for your input on other attys that I did not list. Also thank you for your input on the Magma, I don't mind dripping through my drip tip or just taking it off and dripping through the top so that won't be such a big deal for me. I also am a little skeptical about the gold plating on PlumeVeil Clones. But my budget will only allow me to spend around $20-25 right now on a new atty so I am going for clones.. I hear that the tugboat does tend to leak more than other attys but I just like the look of it. I think I may go with the Magma because of all the different airflow options and the ability to run it in single or dual coil configuration which you can't really do with the others unless you block of an airhole or just run it super wide open with both holes exposed if I am correct?

Thanks for the input on the Veritas too Eratik and WytNyt but that one doesn't really appeal to me like the other ones do..

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
I've got authentic Tugboat, Plumeveil, and Magma. I have to say of the 3 the best flavor producer is the Magma. By far.

That said I do love the Tugboat, you can't beat that huge juice well. Yes the Magma has deep wells also, but it seems I need to drip less often with the Tugboat. I've had no problems with the Tugboat leaking. In all honesty I have more issues with juice getting between the airflow ring and the atty on the Magma.

The Plumeveil is a great vapor producer. I wouldn't say the flavor on it is "muted", it's just not on par with the Magma. That being said, few attys do produce the flavor that the Magma does.

Last edited:

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
i can`t give any input on the others on your list as i only have a magma clone. the magma won`t disappoint you on flavor. this is the build i am running now. 23ga 8/7 wraps on a mini screwdriver( 2mm i`m guessing) clocking at .4 ohm. flavor is awesome and vapor is on par with a kayfun. most of my juice is 20/80 PG/VG. notice my cotton wick? less is more. :2cool:

23ga.jpg

Attachments

• 20140831_215034.jpg
    20140831_215034.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread