Yihi SX Mini M clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
These have come fairly recently to 3FVape.

Edit: link removed because no-one should buy this mod.

Interrupting this post to bring you this important public service announcement:
This clone appears to be in no way an functioning clone of the SX Mini M.

It functions completely differently, not only lacking the Set Resistance feature of the SXM, but not even showing any resistance for a TC coil!

It should not be considered a clone of that mod in anything other than the chassis. And if you want an SX chassis, there's the SX Mini J clone for $45.

I would not pay $50 for this, let alone $104. There are plenty of known-good, reliable authentic TC mods for $50 and less, and plenty of clones that actually replicate what they're cloning. And if you want the SX chassis, get the J clone for less than half the price (and then maybe put an authentic SX350J chip in.)

Do not buy this mod.

Source for this info: SX Mini M CLONED.​

Details:
  • Black/black, black/silver, grey/silver, red (pink)/silver
  • 5-60W; 10-50J
  • 200-580°F / 100-300°C
  • 0.08Ω - 3.0Ω
  • Max current: 40A
  • Three modes, Soft; Standard; Powerful. (Fewer than the authentic)
  • No mention of Titanium mode, and I am assuming it's not been implemented.

Photo (assumed, but not guaranteed to be the clone; 3FVape have in the past used genuine pics):

sx-mini-m-class-60w-style-temperature-control-vw-variable-wattage-apv-box-mod-black-560w-1-x-18650.jpg

Last edited:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I am tempted to get one of these. I like my SX Mini M, especially as a build platform. I like the fact that I can quickly, easily and repeatably read the resistance of the coil with Set Resistance, and see it to three decimals. Most importantly I know the reading is accurate.

I'd definitely like to get a second one for that purpose, and for $100 it's tempting. My concern is that it won't read the resistance as well; this is an area clones have often got wrong.

I think there's no chance of FW upgradeability, and it seems unlikely they have Titanium mode. The former is to be expected, the latter doesn't concern me greatly. Nor does it matter to me how well they've implemented SOFT/POWERFUL, as I almost never use them.

$100 is far more than I'd normally pay for a clone - hell, it's double the price of many authentic TC mods. But it's tempting, if only to see how good it is!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Here is a look at one of the clones with a tear down with pics and comparisons of operations.

SX Mini M Class CLONED

Awesome, thank you for saving me a lot of money!

The clone also does not read or detect ANY resistance with nickle or titanium and does not allow you to lock in the resistance. The chip is plagued with other issues and does not function even CLOSE to how the authentic does.

Boom. Close the thread, nothing to see here folks ;)

I was going to say I bet it's a Rayn board DNA 40 clone with a changed UI and the slightest tweaks to its power output to add POWER/SOFT variations. But not even showing a resistance at all in TC mode? That's just bad. I suppose it doesn't necessarily mean it's not Rayn or similar, they may just have failed to map it to the new UI. Regardless, it's appallingly bad.

So it's junk, and very expensive junk at that.

If anyone wants a part-clone SX Mini M, they should buy the cheap SX Mini J chassis ($45 I think?) and put an authentic SX350J in.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
That link was posted about a month ago and if I recall correctly many of the sellers pulled the device due to failures in the operations. There certainly could be other or better clones out by now that do work more similar to the authentic. Also I have no idea if the one in the linked article is made by the same manufacturer of the one 3fvape is selling or not.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
That link was posted about a month ago and if I recall correctly many of the sellers pulled the device due to failures in the operations. There certainly could be other or better clones out by now that do work more similar to the authentic. Also I have no idea if the one in the linked article is made by the same manufacturer of the one 3fvape is selling or not.

That's true. But until we see evidence to the contrary we have to assume it's the same one. These clones don't come on trees, there's only a few cloning manufacturers out there capable of doing chips and far more often than not, two seemingly similar clones are indeed the same thing.

Had it been half the price it might have been worth a shot just to be sure, but not at $100.

Maybe if 3F or someone else post screen shots, or better a video, showing the TC mode in operation we might know more. But for now I'm confident it's going to be the same one, and anyway we must assume it until we have definite proof otherwise. It's too much money to waste on utter junk.

Also bear in mind that reviewers and vendors get mods in advance of sale, so if they're either of those things then them receiving that sample a month ago would tie in with it going on sale recently.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I picked up my second sx mini m here in the classies for $120 in nearly new condition. If you really want one, bide your time and wait for a good deal instead of wasting your money on a bad clone.

Or get a Sigelei or IPV for less :). I like my IPV D2 a lot and its only $50. Its certainly worth the asking price.

Reactions: TheBloke

spencerreid

Multiple ID Suspension
May 18, 2015
www.3fvape.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
After a lot of negotiating with this company a couple of months ago for a possible group buy, I am 90% sure it is this company who make and supply this clone.
SX Mini M Class, SX Mini M Class direct from Shenzhen Govivapes Technology Co., Ltd. in China (Mainland)

They claimed at the time that it is not Yihi (after a lot of misinformation from them and weeks talking with them) but that it was made in the same factory as the Yihi chip and had the same processor. It kind of fits if they programmed it themselves (badly). Needless to say, we didn`t go ahead with the group buy.
screen_2015-09-01 11.26.31.jpg

That is particularly scary from the VillageVapoor link earlier on this page.

Reactions: TheBloke

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
And of course, you do know this is the exact one as the linked article and the Removed from market Clone it was written over.

LOL this thread tickles me.

They are all lesser quality and they all say STYLE, not 1:1 - a big difference.

Style often never passes Visual appeal. :)

Odds are this is another SX knock-off that will go poof before a second batch can be completed for shipment.

I don't even understand why they keep trying. Yihi fights design infringement.

After reading this thread and doing some research on my own, I've come to the conclusion that buying a clone is not beneficial to myself at this time. Time to save up some more nickels and dimes.
And of course, you do know this is the exact one as the linked article and the Removed from market Clone it was written over.

LOL this thread tickles me.

They are all lesser quality and they all say STYLE, not 1:1 - a big difference.

Style often never passes Visual appeal. :)

Odds are this is another SX knock-off that will go poof before a second batch can be completed for shipment.

I don't even understand why they keep trying. Yihi fights design infringement.

This has been on the go for over two months now. If Yihi were trying to take it down, there is no sign of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread