Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Finally a dual mod for a "table model". Features zebra wood, brass, 22 caliber shells for buttons and a magnetic closure. A bit bigger than needed, but - I have giant hands, wanted a table top model and room to work my first time out doing one from scratch. I am waiting on a old brass door bell button and a brass rda to go with it.

Last edited:

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Nothing fancy on the inside...wired it up this AM.

2015-01-02 13.22.29.jpg

I spent most of the AM brazing up an aluminum enclosure for what I think will be a bottom feeder. The braze joints are more or less seamless now. The outer casing will be purple heart with some interesting twists.

2015-01-02 13.26.49.jpg

Images are "crappy" as did not bother to get the real camera out.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I used these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DS17Q2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The method is to make your custom cap with a inner hold that fits snugly on the post and then make a hold in the mod that is a close fit to the outer diameter of your custom cap, place the cap in the mod, place the switch in the cap on the reverse side and tack down so that the alignment is perfect. From there you can permanently attach as you see fit. I have some buttons coming from shapeways that are designed for this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread