How long does the atomizer in a cartomizer last?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does the atomizer in a cartomizer last?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default How long does the atomizer in a cartomizer last?

I was wanting to know how long an average an atomizer in a cartomizer will last. Would it be cheaper to buy cartomizers instead of a regular atomizer?

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Bigham1; 10-14-2010 at 06:15 AM.

Super Member ECF Veteran scubasteve25's Avatar

i dunno about cheaper, but i have been using the same 6 cartos on and off for a few weeks just make sure they don't dry out, and clean them once in a while, i usually clean out 3 then use my other 3 while those are drying and rotate them every 7-10 days or so, no issues yet, i have burnt 1 out so far, but 7-9$ for 5 they last your moneys worth and are meant to be thrown away sooner or later
    Last edited by scubasteve25; 10-14-2010 at 06:22 AM.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve25 View Post
    i dunno about cheaper, but i have been using the same 6 cartos on and off for a few weeks just make sure they don't dry out, and clean them once in a while, i usually clean out 3 then use my other 3 while those are drying and rotate them every 7-10 days or so, no issues yet, i have burnt 1 out so far, but 7-9$ for 5 they last your moneys worth and are meant to be thrown away sooner or later
    What method do you use for cleaning the cartos?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I just started about a week ago on the ecig thing and quickly took a preference to the cartos, mine are even low resistance and I've been using the same one almost all week since I started. Though I have been making a point to keeping it very wet most of the time usually to the point of gargling sounds coming from it for the first dozen hits or so after a refill. The regular tip can cause those "gargles" of hot eliquid to jump through the little hole and burn the lip, so I use a drip tip on the carto and that seems to work really nice. I haven't noticed a decline in performance on this carto or anything yet. Even if I only got a week on average per carto it's still very cost effective, but I suspect they could be good for months if properly cared for and cleaned. I seem to recall "dr vaper" on youtube saying that he has used and re-used and cleaned and re-cleaned cartos to where many of them truly have been used for months. I see a lot of people on youtube suggesting just dropping the carto in bioling water for a few minutes, then allowing to sit out and dry for a couple days before use. (Do not use this method on plastic cartos).

Eric

Full Member ECF Veteran

For me the atty wasn't the failure point on the cartos - the thing would disintegrate before the atty started to die - developing holes in the side, the plastic casing holding everything together would come off, etc. A 5 pack lasted me about 3 weeks before they all pretty much fell apart. These are the XL eGo cartomizers, and the Ce2 ones as well.

attys do not last. I started vaping using atomizers and they can be a pain. I purchased a Silver Bullet, use the Yeti 510 lr cartomizers, and since October when I got the SB I have yet to burn out a cartomizer and I continue to refill them. I keep 3 filled with different juices and they last all day.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran ScottinSoCal's Avatar

I've been doing my daily vaping with the same CE2 carto since around Dec 29 or so. I keep it filled, I don't burn it dry, and the suction has been a little variable on it lately - sometimes it's really hard to draw on it. Usually that clears up when I refill it. I guess at some point I'll drop it in a tumbler of Everclear (grain alcohol) to soak and then run it through a cycle on the ultrasonic cleaner, but so far I haven't.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

a caromizer can last me weeks before i decided the flavor is yuck no mater how I clean it, and never had one actually die (although I wish it would, hate throwing away something that still kinda works lol) but my mother-in-law can literally kill one in less than a week don't know why but she dose, hubby says its the liquid, but I use, or used the same liquid with no trouble.
    she can also kill batteries and chargers faster than anyone Ive seen, yet she has only popped one atomizer in the 3 or 4 months since she started vaping and that was only cause he battery got stuck on and she did not realize it ...go figure

I will say this, she is much happier with cartomizers than carts, she hated fiddle farting with them all the time LOL

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Me too. Blew my first atty on about the fourth drag when I first started. Changed over to Carto's and never looked back. Been vapin one R5 XL Clearo for almost three weeks. Finally had to change to another, the first one started leaking. I've only had one atty-in-carto die on me ever. The kits I gave for Christmas presents all had atty's, cause the kits come with them. Soon as I can find an economical source for hypo's I'll load up a bunch of R5 XL's and give those I gave kits to an R5 XL Carto w/syringe, and show um what no messin vapin is like. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

Super Member ECF Veteran oldjoe's Avatar

I started vaping about 6 weeks ago and I started with a 5 pack of Boge 510 cartos. I have been using 3 of them (different juice flavors) for the 6 weeks and no failures or problems yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast