Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Taryn Spin Device for Folks with Kids - Normal Carts & XXXL Clearos

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Taryn Spin Device for Folks with Kids - Normal Carts & XXXL Clearos

I've been racking my brain for a couple weeks now to figure out just what I could use to make a taryn spin happen. I don't have any slim pouches from starter kits, nor small bags with draw strings. I've seen cardboard tubes from hangers mentioned, but go figure, I don't have any of those. My kids had some little party horn things that would have worked pretty well if I wouldn't have screwed them up. I finally came up with it last night:

A MARKER LID

Here's the long and short of it. Go to that bin of largely unused and mostly dried out markers your kids say they use all the time when they really don't care to use them unless they're marking up each other. Sift through it until you either find a dried up washable FAT marker (which is a good indication of a lid nearby) or a lid (cut to the chase). Once you have your lid, you'll need the rest of your supplies:
    • 1 Needle
    • 1 Thimble
    • 1 Flat-Head Screwdriver
    • 12" to 16" of fishing line - I used 8lb test if it matters.

First off, take your flat head screw driver and on the inside of the cap just run it along the edge a couple times. Use a decent amount of pressure. The goal here is to taper that edge just enough to fit a Smok Tech XXXL Mega DC in (I have only tested with the clear version, need confirmation on the normal one). After you can slide a large carto in, thread fishing line through your needle, put that thimble on and push it right through the top end of the lid. Tie with your knot of choice and viola, you now have a taryn spin device.

Now I know not all markers are created equal. I'll post up some pics of my setup tonight when I get home to give you a better idea of what to look for. Basically what I have is a regular washable marker cap that has the large hole to accommodate the girth of the marker, and a smaller recessed hole for the tip of the marker. The larger hole perfectly accommodates my Smok Tech Mega DC Clearo, and the inner hole is perfect for a normal carto. Works like a charm.

tarynspinmarker.jpg
    Last edited by Huuwap; 02-28-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    dlsw likes this.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

OMg, please post more. that is perfect even for those of us with grown up kids.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm a yo-yoer, so I just use a yo-yoer, so I just use a yo-yo string, and tighten the slip knot around bottom rim of the smaller top-end condom...it works fine for me like that...

Super Member ECF Veteran

Or you could make a pouch outta duct tape, if is really important to you...

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran DrmChld's Avatar

I've never tried this method, however...

Wouldn't buying a 510 connector, then epoxy some twine or heavy test fishing line on the backside. Then just screw it in and let it spin.

ECF Veteran

If you want to empty it that would work fine. This works whether you're filling or removing liquid.
    bizzyb0t likes this.

if youre just looking to get the liquid out, all you need to do is duct tape a shoelace to the carto itself, then spin away.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I guess I am really cheap or just lazy, I use a old small kid sock and a shoestring ( my youngest is 5 so I have stray single socks a plenty . )

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ECF Veteran

That would definitely work! Everybody comes up with something a bit different based on materials on-hand .

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by IMAVAPER View Post
    That would definitely work! Everybody comes up with something a bit different based on materials on-hand .
    This is true.

Check out this thread for more Drying Ideas.

A kinda crazy way ive just tried to dry my cartos but worked pretty well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast