HOW TO: Clean and refill Cartomizers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HOW TO: Clean and refill Cartomizers

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default HOW TO: Clean and refill Cartomizers

Greetings all,

I have seen this asked halfway through threads on many occasions and even a thread here and there on it that gets buried only to be asked again so here is a HOWTO on cleaning and refilling your cartomizers.

Many of you may have already figured out how to refill your cartomizers, but they just don't seem to work as well anymore, or hold as much juice. This is VERY easy to fix.

1) Pop the top and o-ring off of your cartomizer so you can see the filler and atty looking down from the top of it.
    2) Walk over to your sink.
    3) Turn on the tap to run warm water.
    4) Hold the cartomizer under the stream briefly and take away. You will see water run out the bottom.
    5) repeat #4 several times. 5 or 6 should do.
    6) put the top of the cartomizer in your mouth, and blow HARD. Keep blowing until you stop feeling and hearing water gurgling out the battery end.
    7) repeat #4 and #6 a few times.
    8) take a look and your filler should now be nice and new looking!
    9) Walk back to your desk (or wherever the juices are) and refill your cartomizer ala the video below (thank you to kc0cmp)
    [You should be able to easily put 25+ drops in a good cleaned out cartomizer. Some people report up to 32 drops! I average around 28.)
    10) Pop the o-ring and cap back on, and start vaping.

Notes: Do NOT use soap or alcohol in this process. If you want to use alcohol for some reason you must let it completely evaporate overnight or risk damage to the filler and possibly yourself. There is no reason to use it, you will be amazed how white and fluffy your rinsed out cartomizer is if you follow those simple steps!!

Now then All thanks be to kc0cmp for the following video on how to open, refill, and recap your cartomizer for those of you who do not yet know how:

YouTube - How-to guide to refilling KR808D-1 or Vapor King cartomizers

Take care all and I hope this helps someone.

- Hap
    Ranger Bob and Sweden like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Great video. What I seem to do is always keep the cart at least 50% filled. Do you know if there is any reason not to do it this way?

Also, does anyone have a good suggestion of how to clean the battery? On mine, the groove around the outside is completely full of crap and it is making the draw harder.
    DebRN likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pcore View Post
    Great video. What I seem to do is always keep the cart at least 50% filled. Do you know if there is any reason not to do it this way?

Also, does anyone have a good suggestion of how to clean the battery? On mine, the groove around the outside is completely full of crap and it is making the draw harder.
    No reason I can think of... sounds like a great way to keep your cartoz from burning up too soon to me

Easiest way I have found is to get a box of plain ol' wooden toothpicks. Get some warm water with some baking soda dissolved in it... dip a toothick in then stab it into that groove and work it around digging that crap out.

Don't overdo the soda water, you don't want it to get down inside the battery. You may want to stick a bit of toothpick down into the battery hole just a little bit and break it off while you clean so no water gets in there, then remove when you're done.

but anyway, several toothpicks later you should be nice and clean. The wood is soft and the point will stick way down in there, then 'squish' and expand letting you work out all the crud.

Maybe someone has a much easier quicker way??

Take care,
    - Hap

Mac
    Blog Entries

Does this work just as well for v9 types as it does 808's? which are you using?
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

that seems to work pretty well, I'm glad I dont have to use cartimizers but that's good info, who knows what the future holds, anyway,
    nice video

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Great vid, thank you.

great info all in one place - thanks!

Do you find that cartomizers give more vapor after they are refilled than when you first receive them in the starter kit?

I just received my first e-cigarette (KR808D-1) starter kit last week. I love the e-cigarette, but the amount of vapor is not consistent, and it tastes kind of odd. Will this get better after I refill them?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Great video, thank you

ALC

I've had a couple cartos, just recently, have some of the white filling, in the center pull up and stick out. Do you know what causes this, and should I bother trying to refill them or are they just duds. I just put them to the side and I am waiting to hear if anyone has had the same thing happen. I think I just over vaped them. I am not sure, that is just a guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast