Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Relayer1974

Thread: Halo Triton to 510 adapter

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Halo Triton to 510 adapter

I picked up a Halo Triton tank recently along with a juice order, just to see what I could do with it. After I got it, I noticed it had what looked like 12mm eGo threads, but a different center post.

IMG_4108.jpg

I figured I'd give a 510 to eGo adapter a shot, so I got one from Madvapes.

IMG_4111.jpg

The main reason the eGo adapter doesn't work is because the center post on the Triton tank is too short (or the adapter's center post ist too long, if you want to look at it that way). Either way, they don't make contact. So...I filed down the top of the eGo adapter so it would be short enough to let the two posts connect. I used 100 grit sandpaper to file it down and 200 to smooth it out. It's all I have on hand at the moment.

IMG_4116.jpg

I screwed the adapter back into the Triton tank and BAM it makes contact.

IMG_4120.jpg

The only down side is it won't work on a sealed connector due to extreme airflow restriction. It needs an open center hole or it won't get enough airflow to get the vapor out. This isn't an issue for me, because my box mod has an open hole all the way through. I like top coil clearos in general and this one is working well now, so I'm putting a check mark in the win column. Here it is on my mod. Note the added 808 to 510 adapter since my box has an 808 connection.

IMG_4118.jpg

I'm a little confused about this. I have a halo triton and want to use other attachments but heard it was a 808 style thread not Ego style. Is Ego style and 808 the same? I always understood them to be different. I purchased a 808/909 to 510 as well as an 808/909 to Ego so that I can *hopefully* use other RBA's and attachments with my Triton. If you could give any more information that would be great. I'm willing to file down a post if that's all it takes.

Keep on VaPiNg!

Super Member Verified Member JohnnyDill's Avatar

@ Relayer- I did the same procedure with a MadVapes 510 to 808 connector. Not only did I have to lathe down the top edge, I even had to cut down some of the larger threads so that it would screw in about .025" deeper. Anyways, I got it to establish a reliable connection. BUT, as you said, if you attach it to a device without an open center hole, it cannot breathe and the draw is WAY too tight. So this was kind of a waste of time for me since my Vamo and box mod have sealed center pins. Oh well, at least I have the adapter for future use.
    .......Vaping since July 31, 2013. Not a single cigarette since. Thanks, Halo!

the 808 is the small threads found on the Halo G6
    the Halo Triton Tank uses EGO threads but the coil/pluger tip is further inside thats why you cant use it on a regular 510/ego battery.
    some batteries might have long enough threads to fit the triton tank all the way down until the plunger contacts the battery contact but most will not, thus you will need this EGO to 510 adapter.

I found the replacement triton tanks to be junk. The tips break too easy for me. Out of four tanks I have one tip that isn't cracked. I fixed this problem by placing a box around all my halo stuff and placing it on a shelf. Now when I vape, it no longer bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk