Thread: So I tried adding ejuice to my 510's cartridge

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default So I tried adding ejuice to my 510's cartridge

It had lots of flavor, lots of vapor, but absolutely no throat hit, so it wasn't at all satisfying. Even my Vapor King produces some kick. This 510 is not having any. What can I do?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Trouble shooting

There are so many reasons ! One should do a trouble shooting guide some day...

• Your liquid may be too think, can happen if too much VG in your mix: add vodka and / or water
    • Your atomiser may be flooded : blow it or (since it's a 510) vape it without cart a few times
    • Your atomiser wick may be full of crud : wash it or boil it
    • The heating coil of the atomiser may be full of crud : dry burn it
    • The filling material of your cart may be past it's date : use a new one
    • Your battery may be weak : make sure it is fully charged
    • etc...

Good luck !

Inactive Supplier

Doesn't the throat hit come from the nicotine? I tried vaping on home-made juice. Absolutely nothing. I ordered 36mg nicotine RY4. Hello throat hit.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Me, I have found success by adding a couple drops of Everclear to a cart. That's adds all the throat hit I need/want.

Full Member ECF Veteran

My 510 with JuicyeLiquid's 24mg VG hits just fine. Up the Nicotine or add some Alcohol for a better hit...but I do agree that you may have some "technical" glitches with your e-cig.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I am still unclear as to which chemical produces the throat hit. My carts are currently empty and I am dripping pure VG into them until I aquire what I need to mix my own.

Vapes like a steam roller but nothing else so applying occam's razor I assume it's the nicotine and not the flavoring that provides the throat hit.

Is this correct?

Full Member ECF Veteran

That is correct. The throat hit increases as the nicotine level increases...or you add something else like Rum, Vodka, or Everclear.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Everclear is a good idea. I vape weapons grade nic to keep the blood thin, so I'll attest to the nic/throat hit connection, but if you're happy at your current nic level try the Everclear .