coiling and reducing throat hit?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: coiling and reducing throat hit?

Ultra Member Verified Member dykealiscious's Avatar

Default coiling and reducing throat hit?

Ohms my gosh! I just got my mod clones. Im using a 16500 sony high drain baterry in a panzer adjustable pins clone and nimbus clone clocking at .73ohms with both coils factory. The throat hit is god awful.

I got some pre wrapped 30g twisted coil 12 wraps in the mail and wonder if this will bring the ohms up and stop the TH? Other thoughts for using dual coils? I get that 2 coils cut the the resistance in half.

Any experienced nimbus builders can help me?

(first posted in mods but there doesn't seem to be any traffic-this might be a more appropriate area)
    SLIPPY_EEL likes this.
    I don't always Vape, but when I do.......

You should consider a lot of factors about throat hit not only in the resistance of your coils. first, what ratio of pg is your juice?second, how much nicotine does your juice have?
    Last edited by cjxxvi; 05-07-2014 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjxxvi View Post
    You should consider a lot of factors about throat hit not only in the resistance of your coils. first, what ratio of pg is your juice?second, how much nicotine does your juice have?
    It depends. I have a variety, primarily 100% vg but also some 70/30 vg/pg and some 50/50. My nic strength is always 12mg.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Is it just too hot of a vape? If the stock coils are too thin, that combined with the low resistance may be heating it up too much...I do build on a Nimbus, but I'm still pretty new myself.
    =-=-=HEM=-=-=

Quote Originally Posted by icemanistheking View Post
    Is it just too hot of a vape? If the stock coils are too thin, that combined with the low resistance may be heating it up too much...I do build on a Nimbus, but I'm still pretty new myself.
    I think so. I've since perfected, in my mind, my coils to a cool Vape. I now use a 13 or 12 wrap 30g microcoils and on the nimbus it always hits just about a perfect 1.5, whereas when I used my other coils that I could only seem to get up to 1 ohm it always hurt my throat. No problems any more!

Dump all the PG you can stand and search alex mundy magic coil. He has vids posted here and that coil I promise you is the end of all coil builds. Its a flavor monster, smooth as silk, and if you look at it closely you will see why. I dont know of another working coil that has as much surface area yet still fires quickly enough to not gunk up to high heaven. The next closest thing Ive found is using mesh which was great until I saw what Alex had came up with. Hes worked all the bugs out too.

Quote Originally Posted by trazzman View Post
    Dump all the PG you can stand and search alex mundy magic coil. He has vids posted here and that coil I promise you is the end of all coil builds. Its a flavor monster, smooth as silk, and if you look at it closely you will see why. I dont know of another working coil that has as much surface area yet still fires quickly enough to not gunk up to high heaven. The next closest thing Ive found is using mesh which was great until I saw what Alex had came up with. Hes worked all the bugs out too.
    Ill check it out. So what ohms is he hitting? I can't sub ohm, it seems to hurt the Hell out of my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by trazzman View Post
    do you build these? Those magic twisted ribbon coils are ridiculous! Like as in whoa! I do not have the tools or the patience or time for that but looks intense. And the holes for my posts on my clone are pretty tiny. When sitting 2 twisted coils I cannot get them to both to go into the center post out both sides since it effectively doubles the wire going through from both directions. This is 30g twisted. So I have to have them meet in the middle of the post and tighten the screw just so. So I can imagine those thick magic coils won't even go in one side.

He's also Vaping .80 with those and I can't tolerate the TH on a sub ohm. But very cool thanks fir sharing that.

SLIPPY_EEL likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran SLIPPY_EEL's Avatar

Hey dykealiscious.... do you use cotton and if so what cotton do you use and did you wash it?

you could possibly be in the same boat I was in... my cotton was great at .8 and above, I had no issue's and great TH until I got a mech and ventured below said ohm's>> To much TH> ScratchyThroat & Burnt Lips?

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPPY_EEL View Post
    Hey dykealiscious.... do you use cotton and if so what cotton do you use and did you wash it?

you could possibly be in the same boat I was in... my cotton was great at .8 and above, I had no issue's and great TH until I got a mech and ventured below said ohm's>> To much TH> ScratchyThroat & Burnt Lips?
    Some of my cotton is boiled some isn't. Same results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast