Tobacco Flavorings and Enhancers?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tobacco Flavorings and Enhancers?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default Tobacco Flavorings and Enhancers?

Tobacco Flavorings and Enhancers is a spray you buy to enhance tobacco or give flavoring to homegrown tobacco. I found a website selling this. would this be any good for the e-cig? It saids you can use it to enhance tobacco that has aged and need refreshed or to make homegrown taste like store bought. They sell alot of flavors. Can buy a little or a lot. Anyway wondering about this. To learn about this google or whatever you use-(tobacco flavoring.)

Super Member ECF Veteran

Interesting idea!
    I found the little bottles of it, they do a lot of flavours! wonder what in the liquid? can`t seem find a list of ingredients?

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Double post:

They do look good, don't they? But without knowing the ingredients, we can't tell if they're safe. And unfortunately, they probably do contain sugar which would most likely ruin the atomizer

Lu

PV Master ECF Veteran

These are for use with home grown tobacco. If they can be used safely on tobacco to be smoked, I, personally, would have no fear of using a small amount in liquid for vaporizing. I've seen them, considered growing my own tobacco, but haven't ordered any yet.

I'd treat them like any flavoring -- only add a few drops to 10ml.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I asked this question earlier, (I thought it was this forum) someone said these flavors contain sugar which will destroy the atomizer. I'm all out of liquid and carts and the only thing my local tobacco shops sell are these liquids, bettor off using only the legit vapor juices.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBob View Post
    These are for use with home grown tobacco. If they can be used safely on tobacco to be smoked, I, personally, would have no fear of using a small amount in liquid for vaporizing. I've seen them, considered growing my own tobacco, but haven't ordered any yet.

I'd treat them like any flavoring -- only add a few drops to 10ml.
    Since using flavorings with sugar has been discouraged here, I have never tried it myself. But if you do try it TB, let us know if you notice any distinct difference with atomizer life/problems?

Lu

Super Member ECF Veteran

I had mentioned sugar in another thread, but there I thought the OP was talking about something totally different.

Some of the "smoke" shops around here sell spray-on "tobacco" flavors in fruity/nutty flavors. They are basically candy syrups watered down enough to spray from a bottle. I am sure these are certain death to an atomizer.

However, the enhancers we're talking about in this thread I know nothing about at all. At least until my order gets here

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Let us know Jaaxx. But you don't know if they contain sugar or not, do you?

Lu

Super Member ECF Veteran

Well, I'm obviously gonna taste em first. Also, I'm hoping some sort of ingredient list is on the packaging, If not I'll try contacting the manufacturer.

You really can't avoid all sugar. It occurs naturally to some degree in almost all organic material; however, you can avoid *added* sugars, especially corn syrup and the like.

It could be that these have flavor totally unlike tobacco anyhow. For instance citric acid is sold as a "flavor enhancer" for fruit flavors, but does not taste remotely fruity by itself. We'll see!

PV Master ECF Veteran

Good for you for testing. As you state, TOBACCO has sugar! It varies by type of tobacco, but many commercial tobaccos add sugar. As with many things, it's the amount (as well as type) that determines appropriateness. Heck, my atomizers last about one month. If I vape something with added sugar, they might last 29 days, eh?

I'd take that risk for about the $18 cost of a new atomizer. I'm going to be replacing it regularly anyhow. Might as well enjoy some decent taste while it's functional.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast