Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Cig & Driving

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default E-Cig & Driving

I was looking around to see if anyone else had gone over this but I couldn't find a thread so I thought I'd ask. I'm not sure if this should go in the general discussion area or here. I'm assuming here since I'm asking for tips? IDK feel free to tell me if I'm an idiot

I'm planning on driving across the state in a couple of weeks. 4-5 hours. I've always had a tendency to chain smoke during long drives but since I'm avoiding analogs this might be an issue as I think it would be pretty dangerous to try an top of my 901 while going 80mph+ down the freeway. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this easier or should I just blow through cartridges and re-use them by topping off later?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ryle View Post
    I'm planning on driving across the state in a couple of weeks. 4-5 hours. I've always had a tendency to chain smoke during long drives but since I'm avoiding analogs this might be an issue as I think it would be pretty dangerous to try an top of my 901 while going 80mph+ down the freeway. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this easier or should I just blow through cartridges and re-use them by topping off later?
    You are 100% correct. Topping off carts at 80mph is not good - lol.

Use as many carts as you need and top off the used ones when you stop for gas or reach your destination.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Darn, Was hoping there was some alternative that I hadn't thought of

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Keep in mind that if you get in an accident and the airbag deploys, your e-cig will shoot through the back of your head. I don't mean to be morbid. It is just something that people should consider. A minor collision could end up being deadly.

Super Member ECF Veteran

LOL no worries, I like morbid I'm sure you're right about it being potentially deadly but I would also think that if I'm puffing away on my e-cig and things go bad I'd most likely drop it before the airbag would deploy so I doubt that would be much of an issue. I don't tend to hold it in my mouth like a pipe, I keep it in my hand the same as I would a regular cigarette

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Just remember that airbags are very well known for killing people. For example. Air bags will KILL someone who is under 4'11". My mother is 4'9" and when she gets a car with air bags they have to be defused. Yes, I said defused. They are explosive devices after all. Air Bags are evil

Oh and don't forget to pack the syringe. It will make refilling much faster.
    Last edited by devonschmoker; 02-17-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: I went and forgot what the thread was about

Blog Entries

I'd definitely refill a bunch of carts, use them. Then as Dnakr said, top them off when you stop somewhere.
    A brit living in the heartland and loving it !!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Syringe? I don't have one. I just top off directly from the bottle. How would a Syringe make it easier?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran aasupplyny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taleywhacker View Post
    Keep in mind that if you get in an accident and the airbag deploys, your e-cig will shoot through the back of your head. I don't mean to be morbid. It is just something that people should consider. A minor collision could end up being deadly.
    Funny you should mention that. Sometimes when I'm driving with the ecig in my mouth, I imagine that happening. I take it out immediately after lol. I'm so paranoid.

If your ecig is a solid color, it looks like your smoking a blunt. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast