Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: My Atty Resurrection Method

Super Member ECF Veteran sjohnson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lashmn View Post
    Did you use plain water or use an additive in the ultrasonic cleaner? Hot, cold, room temp? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Don't make the mistake I did - a drop of dishwashing detergent in the ultrasound water. Gack! My atomizer tasted like Dawn smells. I just use cold tap water. The ultrasonic cleaner heats up the water if that's important, but I think all you need is the knock-the-crud-off action of ultrasound.

I'm lazy, and have enough atomizers that I no longer force-dry mine. Too much work. They just sit on my desk until I think they're dry, then dry-burn them.

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    Don't make the mistake I did - a drop of dishwashing detergent in the ultrasound water. Gack! My atomizer tasted like Dawn smells. I just use cold tap water. The ultrasonic cleaner heats up the water if that's important, but I think all you need is the knock-the-crud-off action of ultrasound.

I'm lazy, and have enough atomizers that I no longer force-dry mine. Too much work. They just sit on my desk until I think they're dry, then dry-burn them.
    sjohnson is my teacher. It is his method of cleaning my 510 attys that I use exclusively now and it works like a charm for me. We all have to learn and use what works for us.

I quit instantly with my first vape on 4 November 2009. Thank You ECF!
    --- Provari Owner ---

4. Advertisement

Thanks all for info

Moved On

Amazing, this is the only way I'm going to clean my attys from now on, thanks.

ECF Veteran

just tried this. burned through 2 batteries and didnt get an orange glow at all?? But alot of stuff did burn off, house kind of stinks now :-)

I'm gonna prime it after my batteries charge and see what happens!

My stock batteries got pretty damn hot doing this

I hope this works!

Jim

ECF Veteran

Well, like I said before, I couldnt get the bridge to turn orange at all. I just kept the battery fired till a bit after I heard the sizzling stop. Burned both batteries and had to recharge.

Just finished recharging my batteries, and are you KIDDING ME??!! This thing is back to vaping STRONG!!!

What a great way to clean atties man! Thanks a lot. I guess it doesnt matter if the coil turns orange or not, at least with a stock battery.

Can a Passthrough be used for this? Will it ruin my computer?

Thanks so much for this thread, it has helped immensely! I was just about to throw away this atty..... wow!!

I love this forum!

Jim

Super Member ECF Veteran Glenn54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    last night i decided to clean most of my atties. i boiled some water in the microwave and dropped in the atties. swirled them around a little to get them completely wet. after about 5 mins i drained and did it again. then once more. after blowing them out i put them in the oven after cooking dinner, with the door open to dry them came back and applied a couple drops on the bridge. suddenly i was getting the best flavor and vapor than i've ever had.
    Yes,I do this also and it works great, but I do it the old fashion way with a tea pot to boil the water then pour it into a bowl with the atty's. The only problem with the boiling water is the paint flakes off, so now most of our attys are silver.

My First Cart Mod for the 901
    Mods- Poldiac Aname 18500 - Gus G22/18350/500/650,G16/14500 - Point 18500 18650 - Pisces
    Atomizers- Kayfun Lite/+ - Sophia's - Diver V2 - IBTanked's - AGR+ - AGT - Trident Copy - Reactor V2

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bogeyjim View Post
    ...Can a Passthrough be used for this? Will it ruin my computer?...
    Yes, a passthrough would probably be better than your stock batts. As far as it ruining your comp. I wouldn't think so, but don't hold me to it You comp probably has at least a 300W power supply so no danger there. I guess the only risk would be that your motherboard wouldn't be able to handle the amp draw for sustained periods.
    I really don't think it would be a problem, but if you want to be on the safe side, you might want to pick up a $5 USB wall plug. (just plugs in an outlet and has a USB port on the bottom). Also, if your passthrough has an in-line batt, you definitely should not need to worry about your usb ports being in danger.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by highping View Post
    Yes, a passthrough would probably be better than your stock batts. As far as it ruining your comp. I wouldn't think so, but don't hold me to it You comp probably has at least a 300W power supply so no danger there. I guess the only risk would be that your motherboard wouldn't be able to handle the amp draw for sustained periods.
    I really don't think it would be a problem, but if you want to be on the safe side, you might want to pick up a $5 USB wall plug. (just plugs in an outlet and has a USB port on the bottom). Also, if your passthrough has an in-line batt, you definitely should not need to worry about your usb ports being in danger.
    Thanks Ping! My wife actually has a digital camera with a USB wall plug. I can probably just use that!

I am gonna get a PT just to use for cleaning atty's! Very good cleaning method, been using this "old" atomizer all day today and its working like a champ!

And I thought this atty was garbage... HAH

Jim

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I just tried this on a under performing atty: The procedure as listed worked just fine. The atty (which is over 2 months old) is now working as expected. I did not repeat steps 2 - 7. Good tip!

Regards,
    Tom

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast